Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat  (Read 14769 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
but around lap 10 Grat reentered the track straight back onto the racing line in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes and lost the gap.
Ouch! Really sorry, Joe! Did not realize it. I should definitely pay more attention to that. Shame on me.
Just watched the replay. It was less bad than I thought (I rejoined parallel to the track), which makes me feel a bit better. Still: I could have kept a wider line longer and let you pass. So still: sorry.

Yeah wasn't that bad. I saw you coming in from the left in plenty of time, but I still went for the apex and floored it not excepting you to come all the way across.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »
Where's the flying car practise session video marty. You're slacking...

Hehe will try get one up in the next day or so. Should be some funny chit in there lol.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 04:15:04 PM »
I did have my save of the season late in the race as Mael gave me a near perfect tap in the rear exiting turn 2. I went to full lock catching the slide then worked hard to avoid the tankslapper return. Somehow hung on to it which was not easy in the rx7 ad I think ive only made saves like that in FWD or AWD cars before where its much easier by just going full throttle to get the car straightened.

Yeah sorry 'bout that one  :D I was close behind you approaching T2 and it appeared that you ran wide leaving me a barn-door to make the pass. As I was diving for the gap you turned in sharply leaving me nowhere to go. The following lap you took a similar line through T2 so assume it was just your normal line! For myself I found it quicker/easier in the 370 to be closer to the inside curb on entry, every-time I tried the wider line I messed it up.

Overall I had great battles in all 3 races, lots of contact but no great disasters.   ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 04:48:33 PM »
I did have my save of the season late in the race as Mael gave me a near perfect tap in the rear exiting turn 2. I went to full lock catching the slide then worked hard to avoid the tankslapper return. Somehow hung on to it which was not easy in the rx7 ad I think ive only made saves like that in FWD or AWD cars before where its much easier by just going full throttle to get the car straightened.

Yeah sorry 'bout that one  :D I was close behind you approaching T2 and it appeared that you ran wide leaving me a barn-door to make the pass. As I was diving for the gap you turned in sharply leaving me nowhere to go. The following lap you took a similar line through T2 so assume it was just your normal line! For myself I found it quicker/easier in the 370 to be closer to the inside curb on entry, every-time I tried the wider line I messed it up.

Overall I had great battles in all 3 races, lots of contact but no great disasters.   ;D

I saw you on the inside there so I actually tried to leave 1 car space inside but was going to hang on outside where I knew there wasnt going to be anything you could do. I would get the better exit and inside line into t3 but without seeing the replay its hard to say if I left enough room. I thought I did and assumed you just ran wide wanting more track then I was leaving which I kind of half expected and so was a bit more ready for a tap.

I wanted to take a look at the replay but just noticed I forgot to save the race 3 replay, this means I also dont have the replay from the earlier expression session. :(
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:55:10 PM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »

I saw you on the inside there so I actually tried to leave 1 car space inside but was going to hang on outside where I knew there wasnt going to be anything you could do. I would get the better exit and inside line into t3 but without seeing the replay its hard to say if I left enough room. I thought I did and assumed you just ran wide wanting more track then I was leaving which I kind of half expected and so was a bit more ready for a tap.

I wanted to take a look at the replay but just noticed I forgot to save the race 3 replay, this means I also dont have the replay from the earlier expression session. :(
I can lend you mine, as usual. At least for the jumps, it won't make much difference.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
If you up the jumps section I should be able to make a video from it for a bit of a laugh. Did you do any jumps as in the prac server I found the other cars looked a bit weird in flight. Wheels flew but body stayed low  ;D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
If you up the jumps section I should be able to make a video from it for a bit of a laugh. Did you do any jumps as in the prac server I found the other cars looked a bit weird in flight. Wheels flew but body stayed low  ;D
Yes, I did a jump. I can upload the replay file on... dropbox? I think it is in high but maybe not in ultra quality...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
Interesting! It's good to see that the guys are consistent.

Just for a random comparison, here's the final top 8 for the previous Ferrari 312T/Lotus 72D season, with some names the same, and a few different appearances.

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally

GT86 standings:
1. Marty
2. Matthew111
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Bird
8. Hylas

Jap Pack standings:
1. Matthew111
2. Marty
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Hylas
So am I the 6th or 7th best motherfucker here? ???

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »
Yes, I did a jump. I can upload the replay file on... dropbox? I think it is in high but maybe not in ultra quality...
Here is the replay, Marty. Sorry for the delay.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8nqoiyiyefp4mc/ks_nissan_skyline_r34%40eastern_creek2014-druitt_20160920215916?dl=0

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »

Just for a random comparison, here's the final top 8 for the previous Ferrari 312T/Lotus 72D season, with some names the same, and a few different appearances.

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally

GT86 standings:
1. Marty
2. Matthew111
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Bird
8. Hylas

Jap Pack standings:
1. Matthew111
2. Marty
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Hylas
No idea. Maybe Wally should open a poll for that ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally

GT86 standings:
1. Marty
2. Matthew111
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Bird
8. Hylas

Jap Pack standings:
1. Matthew111
2. Marty
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Hylas

All depends how many motherfuckers are ahead of you, you could be the best one. :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 07:10:25 PM »
If it comes down to how many mothers I fuck, I'm way worse than 7th.
Funny how I'm 6th in the cars I hate but 7th in the cars I like. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 07:52:40 PM »
Don't worry, I'm nowhere to be seen! :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 06:13:39 AM »
Don't worry, I'm nowhere to be seen! :)

Must not have fucked enough mothers

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2016, 04:14:52 PM »
was a good season thanks all :) good to get a win on the last race to wrap up the season on my home track! even if marty and guy did pull a side it was a awesome race for the lead with phil and earlier on grat and rob :)
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal