Xtreme Gaming Network

Tuesday Night Multiclass Highlights at Silverstone 1967 - Dec 6/2016

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Multiclass Highlights at Silverstone 1967 - Dec 6/2016  (Read 7916 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Lots of action all over the track between the 2 classes, was hard to try and condense it down.  The quality of this one seems a little lower than the others as I was testing some settings, I think I prefer the previous settings and quality.

This is just race 1.

Enjoy

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Tuesday Night Multiclass Highlights at Silverstone 1967 - Dec 6/2016
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:40:32 PM »
Looks like my tank slapper from Wally's view at 12:25  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 06:38:18 PM »
Nice work, I havent seen it all yet but I if you ever want to show names above cars even though it makes it look a bit crappier you can edit the file found here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\name_displayer.ini

[MAIN]
IS_ACTIVE=1  (This is simply if the names are displayed controlled in game with ctrl L)
RENDER_INDICATOR=1 (Havent tested but I assume this is the ping indicator on or off so 0 for off)
MAX_DISTANCE=500 (Max distance it will draw names at for tests I raised this and works well here)
FONT_SIZE=28 (Play with this number also relative to the resolution I had that when at 4k replays)
FONT_COLOR=1,1,1 (fairly self explanatory I think)
DRAW_FOCUSEDCAR=1 (If name is shown above car your viewing, off by default but I prefer on)

Also look at camera_onboard_free.ini with this line.

SPHERICAL_COORDS=0

This allows you to set the camera wherever you want for onboard shots moving with the car. The camera is F5 ingame and with set to 1 there is limited motion and range of the camera. Keys WASD and surrounding keys control motion with +- controling fov. Shift slows movement of camera for more precise control.

F7 static free camera also needs to be enabled in assetto_corsa.ini [CAMERA]
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

This is controlled with only arrow keys and mouse with right click, possibly also with joystick.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 07:00:18 PM »
Nice work, I havent seen it all yet but I if you ever want to show names above cars even though it makes it look a bit crappier you can edit the file found here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\name_displayer.ini

[MAIN]
IS_ACTIVE=1  (This is simply if the names are displayed controlled in game with ctrl L)
RENDER_INDICATOR=1 (Havent tested but I assume this is the ping indicator on or off so 0 for off)
MAX_DISTANCE=500 (Max distance it will draw names at for tests I raised this and works well here)
FONT_SIZE=28 (Play with this number also relative to the resolution I had that when at 4k replays)
FONT_COLOR=1,1,1 (fairly self explanatory I think)
DRAW_FOCUSEDCAR=1 (If name is shown above car your viewing, off by default but I prefer on)

Also look at camera_onboard_free.ini with this line.

SPHERICAL_COORDS=0

This allows you to set the camera wherever you want for onboard shots moving with the car. The camera is F5 ingame and with set to 1 there is limited motion and range of the camera. Keys WASD and surrounding keys control motion with +- controling fov. Shift slows movement of camera for more precise control.

F7 static free camera also needs to be enabled in assetto_corsa.ini [CAMERA]
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

This is controlled with only arrow keys and mouse with right click, possibly also with joystick.

thanks Marty, I was looking for something like this before.. I loved the new cam angles I put in gtl/gtr2 onboard the cars inside and out. havent seen how to do it in assetto.. this might jog my memory. Will add this in  before I make the silverstone vid.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 10:57:47 PM »
Here is just lap 1 of race 2 showing the driver names ini edited as in my earlier post.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:32:15 AM by marty »

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 01:42:03 AM »
Here is just lap 1 of race 2 showing the driver names ini edited as in my earlier post.

yeah its much better than the original name tag. I don't mind putting it in the videos, it was just the default barely shows the tags much and they keep turning on and off depending on camera and distance and view etc.

should work well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 07:52:01 AM »

That looks very good. Unobtrusive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »
It just takes a bit of testing to get font size to an ok size dependig on resolution. That video I also tried to capture with an fps cap and it was a bit of a fail. It never dropped a frame in capture but shows a few are missed. Seems best results for me are using v-sync for capturing videos but it still seems a bit hit and miss if it comes out smooth or has some stutters.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal