Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 11394 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »
I'm talking to myself on TS....  :o

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points - LMP1
Grat   26
Diehard   18
Matthew111   15
Kcender87   12
Mael   10
Wally   8
Bacchulum   6
Keith   5
buellersdayoff   2
Dr.Dinkum   1
JamieP   0.5

Round Points - GT3
DC   26
Jeremy   18
Joe   15
Freezer   12
Shayne   10
killagorilla   8
RussG   6
Rob   5
Dave O   2
Shameless   1
rexology   0.5
Phil.8   0
Gratulin   0
Hotdog   0

LMP1 Season Podium

1. Grat, 26
2. Matthew111, 25
3. Diehard, 18

GT3 Season Podium
1. DC & killagorilla, 26
2. Jeremy & Shayne, 18
3. Joe, 15
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:52:50 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S19R2: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:57:33 PM »
I'm talking to myself on TS....  :o

Great race  :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:57:40 PM »
it says failed to connect to server

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 10:09:41 PM »
Was actually quite nice having teamspeak die for the race. Not a bad race for me, was on the back of Jeremy for while but also keeping a close eye on Phil right behind me. Jeremy pulled away a bit so I waited for him to pit around half way through the race and pitted a lap later. Came out behind him but a lot closer. A few passing LMPs meant his gap got bigger and I couldn't catch him.

Lots of laps watching the gap to Shayne and Freezer behind then with 17 minutes to go I lost concentration and spun and took a little damage and lost those two spots. Rest of the race was hunting Shayne as Freezer had got by him, and with 2 minutes to go he cut the top of Eu Rouge giving him a 10 second penalty and me a run down the straight to take the place back.

LMP passes seemed a lot better than last week for me. Only very questionable one was through Stavelot where I saw two LMPs behind so pulled to the right intending to take the inside line and let them around the outside. Kcender went around the outside and whoever he was racing decided to go up in the inside on the curb where I was leaving no room at all. I saw it on helicorsa and moved left a touch but wasn't a good move.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 10:13:07 PM »
Well an IP change on ts during the race didn't help things.. so dead silent and couldn't tell anyone to come through.

I should have just gone and watched tv and not raced.. I was 3 seconds slower than my original time during the week, with the same setup. I hit hotdog up the arse a little under brakes on the rolling start lap because once again no one can even sit in 2nd gear. 

I then touched Dave0 on the back side panel as I came around his inside a lot faster at turn 1 on the 2nd lap, spun him and redressed, put myself last, passed him after trying to find a way through, but car was loose so only just managed it, thanks Dave0. I was doing well catching Rob, passed him and lapped hotdog, but soon as i entered the pits my pit strategy was blank (even though I'd saved one with the setup multiple times over) And in the disgust I did not change the soft tyres.. (insert every swearword known to man) went out hoping they'd last.... nope,, 8 mins later back to pits and had to mess with the pit strategy all over again,, didnt repair damage either.. and just lapped by myself for the remainder trying to give the LMPs room.. I allowed buellersdayoff up my inside under brakes, not sure what happened but he went wide, touched a ripple strip and darted into the wall through the corner.

A few questionable passes in corners by a few LMPs but overall vastly improved from the previous race.

Congrats to the winners.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »
Race results in first post. More coming...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
Wondering why it went quiet, good racing with you all. Couple of times I'd passed a GT3 thinking they'd stay on the race line, however I took the wrong side and ended up squeezing past with tyres on the grass, hope I didn't cause any problems with you guys when that happened. There was also one other time when I did exactly that but when coming back onto the racing line I ended up with an LMP1 on my bonnet, not sure how or why, I think it was kcender, I don't recall seeing anything on my radar it happened so fast, but very sorry that happened. Nearing the end I could grat gaining and didn't want to get lapped so switched over to high preserve and it was just enough to stay on the lead lap and take a place off drdinkum.
Thanks to all for great race
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:26:24 PM by buellersdayoff »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 10:25:33 PM »
Well an IP change on ts during the race didn't help things.. so dead silent and couldn't tell anyone to come through.

I should have just gone and watched tv and not raced.. I was 3 seconds slower than my original time during the week, with the same setup. I hit hotdog up the arse a little under brakes on the rolling start lap because once again no one can even sit in 2nd gear. 

I then touched Dave0 on the back side panel as I came around his inside a lot faster at turn 1 on the 2nd lap, spun him and redressed, put myself last, passed him after trying to find a way through, but car was loose so only just managed it, thanks Dave0. I was doing well catching Rob, passed him and lapped hotdog, but soon as i entered the pits my pit strategy was blank (even though I'd saved one with the setup multiple times over) And in the disgust I did not change the soft tyres.. (insert every swearword known to man) went out hoping they'd last.... nope,, 8 mins later back to pits and had to mess with the pit strategy all over again,, didnt repair damage either.. and just lapped by myself for the remainder trying to give the LMPs room.. I allowed buellersdayoff up my inside under brakes, not sure what happened but he went wide, touched a ripple strip and darted into the wall through the corner.

A few questionable passes in corners by a few LMPs but overall vastly improved from the previous race.

Congrats to the winners.
Bummer about the pits, had the sun in my eyes, or was it oil on the track lol

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
Wondering why it went quiet, good racing with you all. Couple of times I'd passed a GT3 thinking they'd stay on the race line, however I took the wrong side and ended up squeezing past with tyres on the grass, hope I didn't cause any problems with you guys when that happened. There was also one other time when I did exactly that but when coming back onto the racing line I ended up with an LMP1 on my bonnet, not sure how or why, I think it was kcender, I don't recall seeing anything on my radar it happened so fast, but very sorry that happened. Nearing the end I could grat gaining and didn't want to get lapped so switched over to high preserve and it was just enough to stay on the lead lap and take a place off drdinkum.
Thanks to all for great race

Lol - if the other LMP1 car went spinning up the kemmel straight and almost took off that was me :P I arrived on you and the GT3 at fair rate of knots and went left at raidillon then I think oyu must have gone right and we both arrived at the same tarmac at the kink - was the lightest of touches but 300kph adds some fun to those :P all good but i broke my right window :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »
Results up in first post...

Congratulations to Grat in the LMP1 class and DC in the GT3 class.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 10:35:09 PM »
LMP passes seemed a lot better than last week for me. Only very questionable one was through Stavelot where I saw two LMPs behind so pulled to the right intending to take the inside line and let them around the outside. Kcender went around the outside and whoever he was racing decided to go up in the inside on the curb where I was leaving no room at all. I saw it on helicorsa and moved left a touch but wasn't a good move.

Think I had a bit of contact with you Joe. Another case of diminishing gap!

Its quite challenging, play it safe when overtaking and lose bucket loads of time. Take too many changes and it all end up in tears within the tire barriers. The drivers i raced against, Kcender and Diehard, certainly did a better job than me.

To make it worse I got a 10 second penalty on the last lap, any mercy Wally?!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:43:44 PM »
To make it worse I got a 10 second penalty on the last lap, any mercy Wally?!
shortanswerno :)

I had a mistake free race, after struggling to get a clear lap in qualifying. I tried to run long on mediums this time, only pitting on lap 23 after getting up to 2nd place, with the idea of finishing on softs. While I was in pits, I was passed by Diehard, Matthew, Mael and Kcender to come out in 6th where I started. I had Kcender in sight and hoped to make some ground on him on fresh softs, but he did the same, finishing on softs, so he was able to maintain a gap of 17 secs or so. Still, 6th is not too bad, one spot worse than my 5th of the first round.

From my seat, passing the GT3s was good. I had no surprises, and I hope I didn't dish any out! I was fairly patient when I knew there was no room.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
Well given the times I was seeing in practice I didn't hold out much hope as I couldn't see anyway to get more speed out of the Nissan.
Qualified 17th and once we got going I was tucked in behind Shayne for the first 8 or so laps.  I could keep close but not really find any gaps.  With Phil and Joe only just in front things were looking more promising.
I stayed out until lap 16 with everyone around pitting earlier.  The softs started to get a bit slippery in the dying laps but not far of my normal lap times.
After stopping I again came out behind Shayne but now with much newer tyres.  This seemed to pay of as I got past under brakes at the end of Kemmel straight and was able to pull a few seconds gap.
All in all no incidents, LMP1 all got through pretty cleanly.  I did notice how much down force is lost if one goes up the inside, creating a lot of understeer!

Offline Hotdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:42 PM »
Well my first race was a fizzer.
Around the 30 min mark going around turn 1 I had a red LMP1 car take a nose drive though the track surface I then had contact to the off driver side and a disconnection from the server.
I decided to pull the pin as to not disrupt someone race if there was connection problems my end.
See how I go next time.
If the contact upset someone I'm sorry but it was out of my control.
Congrats to the winners.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 12:03:08 AM »
Think I had a bit of contact with you Joe. Another case of diminishing gap!

Yeah that was me not seeing you until the last moment. I had a blue flag and one LMP went by, then I checked rear camera and could just see GT3s so started to move over to the right then saw you on helicorsa. You must have been tucked behind GT3s when I looked back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal