Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R2: Oulton Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R2: Oulton Park Race Chat  (Read 13427 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S20R2: Oulton Park Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 02:23:32 PM »
This is something that happens more with modded tracks. Some are as good as Kunos's ones, but others lack a little bit in details, and so you have fewer reference points.
I don't think it has brake markers in real life . . . its not the mod.
I believe you're correct, Freezer.

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »
This is something that happens more with modded tracks. Some are as good as Kunos's ones, but others lack a little bit in details, and so you have fewer reference points.
I don't think it has brake markers in real life . . . its not the mod.
I believe you're correct, Freezer.
It's not brake markers I am looking for. In the best tracks we have, even when there is no brake marker, we have a lot of random spots in the grass, kinks in the lines, patches in the asphalt. It is then a little easier to choose one or two as markers.

BTW: this is one of my main issues with this vr thingy I got: lots of those little details can't be seen at all, so I'll need to re-learn some of the tracks...

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »
I’m kind of going by rough track spot and engine sound. VR does take some of the fine detail away but there’s no way I could go to using a screen.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 02:13:50 PM »
I'm not sure if it's considered Kosher or not around here, but I may be available tonight.

If so could I slot in for a cameo appearance if there is room?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
I'm not sure if it's considered Kosher or not around here, but I may be available tonight.

Of course. I'll add you to the grid.
Qualifying is at 8:45pm Eastern Daylight Savings time these days.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »

Of course. I'll add you to the grid.
Qualifying is at 8:45pm Eastern Daylight Savings time these days.

Thanks!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 06:58:02 PM »
Hey guys!!  OK I cant say no for dinner with relatives tonight....FOCK!!!   I hope to race in the first race though.Its a shame  cause i love oulton,i remember iracing has a lovely version of this track.actually it has many variants of it all very good!!
i could be bothered going for dinner but bloody hell my wife gave me a not so good look when i said i had to race at Oulton tonight with my BMW.
.....WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!! And yes i am feeling good around here,,,maybe a podium ........ :P :P :P

Simone

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 07:43:42 PM »
Hey guys!!  OK I cant say no for dinner with relatives tonight....FOCK!!!   I hope to race in the first race though.Its a shame  cause i love oulton,i remember iracing has a lovely version of this track.actually it has many variants of it all very good!!
i could be bothered going for dinner but bloody hell my wife gave me a not so good look when i said i had to race at Oulton tonight with my BMW.
.....WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!! And yes i am feeling good around here,,,maybe a podium ........ :P :P :P

Simone
That's a shame... that's one less person who I can beat.......
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal