Xtreme Gaming Network

The grat's PC thread!

Author Topic: The grat's PC thread!  (Read 41426 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: The grat's PC thread!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 08:31:50 AM »
I let memtest go on for almost 3 hours. Did almost 2 complete passes. 0 errors. I would be satisfied, unless you tell me it should run for longer.
Not sure why, maybe it's faster but, With an eight thread cpu you need to open eight instances of the memtest app, total value of ram tested needs to be I think 75%, so 75% of total ram divided by eight is the value you put into each instance (this might be over doing it, I just remember reading it somewhere). Hci website says testing to 100% will catch all errors and testing to 400% will catch any intermittent failures. Sounds like you're good anyways

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
Have you tested reduced Graphic Options  to see if 90+ FPS is achievable?
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
I have done all sorts of tests with graphics option. I am impressed by how little I gain. I even tried world detail minimum, AF off, AA off, shadows off, PP off, reflections off, mirrors very low, and supersampling at 1. It looked like a gme from the nineties, but it still does not stay stable at 90 all the time in the replay of the race. The lows are less bad though, as it really rarely get below 80 or so, but it still does...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
I have done all sorts of tests with graphics option. I am impressed by how little I gain. I even tried world detail minimum, AF off, AA off, shadows off, PP off, reflections off, mirrors very low, and supersampling at 1. It looked like a gme from the nineties, but it still does not stay stable at 90 all the time in the replay of the race. The lows are less bad though, as it really rarely get below 80 or so, but it still does...
Hm...doesn't that indicate that the problem is not at the gfx card, but somewhere before that? 

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 09:35:58 AM »
We have basically established it is not CPU or GPU, you said AC resides on the SSD, does that include all tracks, cars etc?
You could try this
http://ccm.net/faq/43000-adjust-default-virtual-memory-size-on-windows-10#change-default-virtual-memory-size-on-wind
may help.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 10:09:49 AM »
When I get back from my holiday we'll stick my 1080ti in your rig and that way you can see if it's worth spending the money on one. I'm running out of ideas otherwise lol

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 11:04:25 AM »
Is your USB system overloaded? Is you Power Supply large enough? Have you changed the case? ;D (only joking)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 12:54:18 PM »
Is your USB system overloaded? Is you Power Supply large enough? Have you changed the case? ;D (only joking)
LOL, what about that "disable full screen optimization" Phil mentioned in the Windows thread

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 01:18:15 PM »
New nvidia driver 390.65 January 9th

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:07 PM »
Are you getting the same thing on other tracks? Maybe you can just put it down to a poorly optimized mod track?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 05:44:48 PM »
USB overloaded?... I am not sure. I'll google it and try to see what it means ;)

Power supply? It's 650W. I have no clue as to whether this is large or small... :(

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »
New nvidia driver 390.65 January 9th
Should I go for it. I am on 388.43 because usually the latest drivers give me a bit of mess, so I try to stay on stable but slightly older drivers. I'll do what you say, if you say, though ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 05:47:16 PM »
Are you getting the same thing on other tracks? Maybe you can just put it down to a poorly optimized mod track?
I was able to test with the replay from Tor Poznan, and it was nto much different. Perhaps I can find an older replay in another track. I am trying to isolate graphics from physics, hence the choice of testing on replays---AI we know is heavy on CPUs.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2074
I know Phil! I always follow your suggestions, so I had taken all the game bars etc off when you first suggested it. Then yesterday I have CCleaned them by uninstalling all sorts of Windows games stuff (maybe I went too far, but you never know ;)).... and.... well, why do you think I am on 388.43? You guys suggested it! Basically I am an XGN experiment: my PC is the result of all the suggestions contained in this forum :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal