Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R3: Misano Race Chat

Author Topic: S21R3: Misano Race Chat  (Read 11626 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: March 06, 2018, 11:10:59 PM »
Mar 13: Misano World Circuit (2 x 15 laps)

Weather forecast is 23 and 29 with very light wind - similar to Blackwood.

[youtube]uD9uelcha4I[/youtube]
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: S21R3: Misano Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »
Any chance of a better AI fast lane?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:52:24 AM »
Not from me. I don't know the first thing about AI files.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 09:41:53 AM »
What needs 'fixing'?

At 100% they are too easy to catch. The track last week they did 1:10's which is well below the pace.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »
I just wanna say what a great track for VR. This track is very well optimised and it's butter smooth on the FPS. Compared to Blackwood this is like night and day.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
I just wanna say what a great track for VR. This track is very well optimised and it's butter smooth on the FPS. Compared to Blackwood this is like night and day.
Its a fairly uncluttered track, so I'm not surprised.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »
What needs 'fixing'?

At 100% they are too easy to catch. The track last week they did 1:10's which is well below the pace.
Out of curiosity what lap times are you doing?

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
I haven't had a chance on this track. My Oculus service was having issues and not starting all this week. It started about four days ago.
It turns out there's a little patch to fix it but I didn't see it and I'm in the process of reinstalling the software.
I'll have it up and running shortly and reply back with lap times. In qualify I usually land around the middle of the pack so I'm not the fastest guy.

It's time I learn how to fix or improve AI laptimes. I noticed setups do help, in some cases a setup change pulled a second or two on each lap which was interesting to noticed.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
After struggling with braking and turn-in and acceleration out of corners and, well, just about everything for the first couple of rounds I decided to go searching for a setup that might work better. I was trying out the Camber Extravaganza and getting worser and worser! Since no one at XGN Tuesdays posts their setups I decided to give The Setup Market another go.

Turns out they have an App now - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-setup-market.10149/

I found a setup and loaded it. It felt fantastic and I got down to the 1:38s. Wanting to learn what the setup magic was I did a comparison with the default setup. Turns out the only thing the setup changed from default was the traction control set to 9.

So, there you go. Learnt absolutely nothing in the whole exercise

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 09:00:05 AM »
LOL Gratulin. It sure feels like that sometimes chasing the setup silver bullet. What complicates it is that as you put in more laps, you get faster and faster anyway regardless of setup changes.

The trick here seems to be to make a lot of use of the red and green painted concrete, where you can without triggering a cut. It pays to experiment to see just how much you can get away with here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 09:07:49 AM »
Interesting to watch a few laps of the Blancpain GT3 here, to see how much runoff they're using.
[youtube]9NePQGo_bxM?t=57m51s[/youtube]

And how can this not make you excited for ACC :D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 10:01:53 AM »
After struggling with braking and turn-in and acceleration out of corners and, well, just about everything for the first couple of rounds I decided to go searching for a setup that might work better. I was trying out the Camber Extravaganza and getting worser and worser! Since no one at XGN Tuesdays posts their setups I decided to give The Setup Market another go.

Turns out they have an App now - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/the-setup-market.10149/

I found a setup and loaded it. It felt fantastic and I got down to the 1:38s. Wanting to learn what the setup magic was I did a comparison with the default setup. Turns out the only thing the setup changed from default was the traction control set to 9.

Haha, that's a funny one. So what would you say if I told you that I've done a 1:37.5 on traction control set to 2?
I don't know if I've driven that car before, but it feels great on that track.
Really does seem like the whole setup tweaking exercise is a waste of time ;-)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:06:19 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »

This is a really good article on racecar setup. https://www.paradigmshiftracing.com/racing-basics/step-by-step-race-car-setup-guide
It's a good, common sense introduction to setup concepts, starting from the most important settings to optimise grip - tyre pressure pressures and camber, and moving into areas in a "nuts and bolts" style rather than being overly theoretical. I recommend having a read.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
I just took 1 second off my PB. A bit more toe out (0 in setup), and TC 2.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 10:44:09 PM »
I just took 1 second off my PB. A bit more toe out (0 in setup), and TC 2.

You mean I can beat you by even more  ;D :o :P
http://52.63.217.129:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal