Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursdays - Life after AC

Author Topic: Thursdays - Life after AC  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Thursdays - Life after AC
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:56:49 PM »
I am just wondering what racing games does everyone own and want to run, like automobilista or RF2 or even ACC if I had to :) for Thursdays, But I don't think it suits Thursdays classic car feel or whatever, or will we continue with AC ?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:22:00 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Thursdays - Life after AC
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 03:51:52 PM »
It's a no brainer - stay with AC.

Phil, you may be drawing incorrect conclusions regarding what will happen post-AC based on ACC announcement. Give it time and I believe we will get something as rich as AC and all it's content but with greatly enhanced graphics, physics and gaming features. ACC is just the first step.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
I think there is still masses of content in AC to explore, even if sticking with historic cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
It's a no brainer - stay with AC.

Phil, you may be drawing incorrect conclusions regarding what will happen post-AC based on ACC announcement. Give it time and I believe we will get something as rich as AC and all it's content but with greatly enhanced graphics, physics and gaming features. ACC is just the first step.

I personally think you are hoping for too much, its just a game about 1 series  , that's it, nothing more,

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
the only reason I was thinking of another game is because it would be nice to support something still in development

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
Ha ha! ACC will be in development. You can support that ;)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 06:32:30 PM »
lol , I could, and I will probably buy it, but it will honestly have very little replay value for me, not interested in the cars or the series what so ever

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »
the only reason I was thinking of another game is because it would be nice to support something still in development
That doesn't bother me.
I drove GPL for around 5 years and it had stopped development before I even bought it. :P

I think there are plenty of people like you Phil, not interested in the series/cars of ACC.
So until KS releases a replacement, moddable, sim I see AC continuing to grow. ;)
(but only if leagues like XGN continue to support it)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »
That doesn't bother me.
I drove GPL for around 5 years and it had stopped development before I even bought it. :P

I think there are plenty of people like you Phil, not interested in the series/cars of ACC.
So until KS releases a replacement, moddable, sim I see AC continuing to grow. ;)
(but only if leagues like XGN continue to support it)
Although I was never able to join the Thursday series, I completely agree with Bacchulum: there is a lot to enjoy in AC for at least another 2 years, and it is reasonable to give Kunos a chance and see what they do. I am not a huge fan of Blancpain, and surely we'll get bored after a bit of it, but that's also why it is fair to think it won't be the only thing they'll do. Granted: the second thing may be another series we'll get bored of, and the third is likely to be the same. But if they want to remain (or gain the position of) leaders ion the job, they'll need a second "AC" in 3 or so years from now. Let's just have fun with AC for now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal