Xtreme Gaming Network

My new Ghost Delta app

Author Topic: My new Ghost Delta app  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
My new Ghost Delta app
« on: October 01, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Hey guys.  I'm playing with a new app, which is a delta to your own PB, that shows throttle and brake inputs from your PB lap, as well as a delta bar to your PB.
The longer term idea is that you'll be able to get someone else's hotlap data, and race against that, so you can see where you're gaining or losing time compared to the other guy, and how your pedal inputs compare.
Give it a go, and let me know of any feedback.

As usual, unzip this into steamapps\common\assettocorsa\apps\python.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: My new Ghost Delta app
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:39:48 PM »
I cant wait to try this tonight, love delta apps
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
Thanks Wally, sounds interesting. I like the idea of being able to compare lap times with other (faster) drivers.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
Its good, I really like seeing your different braking and throttle compared to your best.
  only issue I found, but it might be the track because it only seemed to happen in last sector I think, was it sometimes showed I was up on time when I was down and visa versa and a personal thing is I would prefer the delta to 3 decimal places only because I am use to it that way and read it better at a glance. Also an estimated lap time like the ac delta app would be cool, then I would not have to use ac app at all, but not really needed I guess, only because I am used to it also and find it interesting to see what sort of lap I would do b4 I mess up the last corner :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »
Its good, I really like seeing your different braking and throttle compared to your best.
  only issue I found, but it might be the track because it only seemed to happen in last sector I think, was it sometimes showed I was up on time when I was down and visa versa and a personal thing is I would prefer the delta to 3 decimal places only because I am use to it that way and read it better at a glance. Also an estimated lap time like the ac delta app would be cool, then I would not have to use ac app at all, but not really needed I guess, only because I am used to it also and find it interesting to see what sort of lap I would do b4 I mess up the last corner :)

How do you know you were down on your lap? Is it via another delta app? The only PB my app knows about is the ones you've set with that app. The other app is possibly comparing the delta to an earlier PB that it knows about.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 11:10:46 PM »
I know from the AC delta app, and it was compared to my best lap I have done at the track which I did when using your app tonight

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 07:21:30 AM »
I know from the AC delta app, and it was compared to my best lap I have done at the track which I did when using your app tonight
Interesting... I'll have to have the AC app up too and compare. I did already check that it shows the same delta as Sidekick.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
The AC delta is only for that session I think. Not sure if that would be why.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »
I think its just something with the timing at the track, it only ever happened in the last sector

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 11:11:49 AM »
I think its just something with the timing at the track, it only ever happened in the last sector

I saw we had identical times on the last sector  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal