Xtreme Gaming Network

S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring

Author Topic: S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring  (Read 31230 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S25R2: Coca-Cola Classic 12 Hours of Sebring
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
Wally, I've done a few laps on the server and noticed the validity of them is unknown. You know what may be the reason for that? Grat's the same.
I assume it's a ptracker/stracker thing. Do you run the ptracker app?
It used to be linked to ptracker---I used it, but when I took it off (was messing up with other stuff) the server lost track of tyres, fuel etc and saying unknown. But why it does the same now with people who are running it, I don't know.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
Just googled for it...nah, don't use it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »
I assume it's a ptracker/stracker thing

Good to see we have the same technical explanation  ;D
LOL, I didn't see your post thing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
Anyone else not able to see server?
do you even motorsports?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
I see it now
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:16 PM »
Anyone else not able to see server?
I just kept refreshing the AC lobby and then eventually more and more servers appeared until I could see the XGN one.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 08:00:14 PM »
I cant, first time I can remember a problem

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:30 PM »
Results are up in the 1st post.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »
That was a MUCH better round for me, with a 6th place finish. I did some work on the setup to make it more stable and consistent, and it paid off with me not having any spins or stupid offs. I think for too long now, I'd been setting up cars "by the numbers", looking at roll couple with my load distribution figures, Camber Extravagansa for cambers, but I chucked all that out the window and went more by "feel".

I had some good early racing around Bird, Mael, killagorilla, and capitalised on a few little mistakes here and there to gain a few spots. The middle stint was fairly quiet and uneventful, but I had Bradc in my sights for a lot of the last stint. Good fun.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
I'm a bit disappointed about my performance (qualy & race), made a couple of little mistakes and I've got to learn to stop at the right spot when pitting.
However, I still enjoyed the race...was fun...cheers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »
I just read in the track description:

Changes For Reboot Version 1.1
- Added Working start lights
- Fixed start points (AI Should start a lot better now)

So I guess it's possible that some people still had 1.0 of the track and not 1.1, and not got a checksum error because the surfaces were the same.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 11:20:22 PM »
Ballsed up qualifying a bit to start 14th, but once we got going I had a great first stint getting past quite a few cars.
I started on lighter fuel with a plan to run 3 equal length stints on softs.  The tyres hung in pretty well but I think having to take on extra
fuel may not have paid off in on track speed from less weight!
Middle stint was fairly quite and only in the dying laps of the race was I catching Russ a bit when the leaders came up on me.  This was a problem as
to lift and let them pass meant I was then being slowed a lot in the corners and Russ was getting away.
This track was an improvement for the short tail, but still Russ was the best shorty in 11th so still room for more improvement

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
My qually wasn't as good as it could have been; my son was still up so I was trying to get him settled down before the race started, so I only got one flying lap and even during that he was putting his tablet in my face asking for Batman on youtube...  ;D

After discovering how long fueling took in the Mazda last week I started with a full tank, then set up a strategy to add 25 liters for each stop.

The first part of the race was great fun battling with Phil, Freezer and Russ though somewhere around 20 minutes in I got a little loose and hit a wall giving orange body damage all around. I jumped into the pits, and decided not to fix the damage as I was planning on quick stops. This brought me out with Wally but the damage slowed me a lot more than I realized and I couldn't keep up. Killa was also slowly closing on me. Second stop I reduced the fuel to 15 liters as I could see I had enough, and also fixed the damage. This did take a while and I came out further down than I'd hoped, but some other runners taking longer pitstops later than me allowed me to jump them. After my second stop I was blue flagged so let the car behind by without knowing it was Able who I was racing and the flag was for Matthew behind him. Took a few laps chasing the C9 with it's power on the straights but eventually got by. Finished 8th so not too shabby with the damage fix but could have been better.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:19:08 AM by Joe »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »
It was indeed a much better race, I had some action and not just hotlapping - oh and there was no mistery rocket taking me out either! ( Thank you, but I can make my own mistakes, no need for outside help. )

I was flabbergasted by your quali times, gents, I could not wring more than a second-ish extra out of the car on softs with low fuel - but I've never had a separate quali pace, really.   Then I forgot about the very slow refuel times in the short tail, and set out on a less-than-full tank...heh.

Early on in the race I got held up a bit - lack of quali pace, huh.  But I could not get around other cars due to the lack of straight line speed.  Bit annoying, really.

No biggie, as I have made the inevitable mistakes; my racecraft is very rusty.
Then I've lost heaps of time on the refuellings, even though I've dialled it back quite a bit (finished on 0.7L). 
The second/third part of the race was a bit boring, again, due to all this.

All in all, I've finished in one piece, and that's the achievement for me, here :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal