Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Car for season 2

Poll

Which open wheeler do you want to drive in season 2?

Lotus 49
6 (27.3%)
Ferrari 312T
1 (4.5%)
Formula Abarth
10 (45.5%)
Lotus Exos T125
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Poll: Car for season 2  (Read 39638 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Poll: Car for season 2
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:31 PM »
I have voted the lotus 49 as well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »
I don't need a break ;)

The seasons will be short for a while, 5 weeks, so we can try lots of different cars and ideas. This Sim is going to be around for a long time. It hasn't even been released yet!

Regarding the "super ranking", if you look at the all time stats that I link to in the race results, there is a column there like "Ranking" or something. The smaller the better. What that indicates is, on average, where you finish out of a grid of 100 cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
I've heard it whispered that "The Wally,  codes as he drives and inputs direct to the bus in machine code when sim racing"
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 04:26:36 PM »
I have decided to sell my vote on ebay, bidding starts at 99c ebaylink

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »
I have decided to sell my vote on ebay, bidding starts at 99c ebaylink
  :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 07:45:23 PM »
I've heard it whispered that "The Wally,  codes as he drives and inputs direct to the bus in machine code when sim racing"
I heard he can whistle the programs onto tape...lately having problems because USB does not understand whistle.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »
I heard he can whistle the programs onto tape...lately having problems because USB does not understand whistle.
LOL. I whistle speed hax through my mic when no one's listening.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2014, 08:59:04 PM »

I don't think that's true, I heard Wally whistles in binary code so he can program while racing.  What's more he whistles binary at 4.6 Ghz, and if overclocked using liquid cooling he can push up to 5 Ghz.  After that he overheats, crashes and sits in the corner wearing his underpants on his head, rocking back and forward sucking his thumb.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:10 PM »
Btw, we just had a half a race in AACL in these cars...what can I say; it's a tad boring.   There's little happening in these cars, and since there's no bump drafting, overtaking is extremely hard.   

We had a train of cars going, and that's it until someone makes a serious mistake, which isn't that often since the car is very forgiving.

I really-really recommend against a season with this car right now (with bump drafting it'd be a different matter, probably)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2014, 10:04:22 PM »
I removed my vote, c'mon Bird, 99c and it's yours.......

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:08 PM »
Btw, we just had a half a race in AACL in these cars...what can I say; it's a tad boring.   There's little happening in these cars, and since there's no bump drafting, overtaking is extremely hard.   

We had a train of cars going, and that's it until someone makes a serious mistake, which isn't that often since the car is very forgiving.

I really-really recommend against a season with this car right now (with bump drafting it'd be a different matter, probably)

Do you mean regular drafting or slip-streaming Bird?  Bump drafting is what they use in NASCAR when one car bumps the other car in front from behind to increase it's speed while the trailing car doing the bumping also gets an increase in speed from the slip-stream.  They do this multiple times on a straight to draw away from a pack or just because it increases the overall pace around a track.

Will be interesting to see how the Tatuus goes in a race.  Hopefully it leads to close racing... maybe we can give it a run Thursday night?  The race a few of us had the other night seemed to be nice and close.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2014, 11:51:26 PM »
Whatever car wins the vote, we will have a "getting to know the car" practice race one Tuesday night before the season starts, to learn the car, learn braking distances, fiddle with setups. Seasons are still short, remember, with the goal of trying lots of cars. Whatever car we choose will be fine.

And remember, Bird, not everyone hates wings ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 05:36:38 AM »
It's not the wings this time, Wally.  The car is nice to drive, but boring to race under the current circumstances, that's all.

And sorry Guybrush I mean slipstream.  I don't know nascar at all, so I thought the two were synonymous.

Btw, Wally, can you tell us what exactly is the setup you're running for the race nights?   Which instance, which windows and if you don't mind; which server version?  Thanks.   We had a bit of problems in AACL last night (server crashes).   Trying to get to the bottom of it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »
C3.large. Enhanced networking. Windows 2008R2.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 09:27:25 AM »
I'd like to see Caterhams the in the R500 body style. And V8 supercars..... just sayin'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal