Xtreme Gaming Network

Lotus 98t

Author Topic: Lotus 98t  (Read 17495 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Lotus 98t
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »
Nords may be a bit much but I will set it up on an official track with the Robin and 98T for some madness.  ;D

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 09:52:23 AM »
here is the D/L link if anyone is interested in the robin reliant.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/reliant-robin-mk-1.2795/

Just did a slow lap of Silverstone. was an out lap of over 4mins.
the WR on RSR is 3:49:5

so yeah, it's slow. but it's funny to drive. The racers hands don't move on the steering wheel and the engine sound is fitting, but doesn't sound right at all. Great job by one guy really.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 10:04:57 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 10:08:21 AM »
I have put up a server "Marty's Aus Public server" looping 15 min qualy and 8 lap race at Magione with the Reliant Robin and 98T 9 of each to spice it up a bit.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
I want to see slip-streaming in the Robin!

Tsukuba might be a nice little track for the Robin, Marty - obviously it's a mod though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
I just tried the robin I think there will be some fun racing in this thing its nuts, I have also just got a 3rd screen so trying triples for the first time in AC and the lean angle on these things is quite sickening atm.  :D

I am home today so will be running some laps somewhere and later if anyone wants to race I will setup a server, I think some Robin racing anywhere not very big would be fun as lap times around Magione are around 2 min and thats a short track. I will DL and give Tsukaba a go, there is another fun little short track I dloaded a while ago cant remember its name but the guy made it for Beam NG and its too small for most cars would suit the robin perfectly.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 12:17:44 PM »
I just tried the robin I think there will be some fun racing in this thing its nuts, I have also just got a 3rd screen so trying triples for the first time in AC and the lean angle on these things is quite sickening atm.  :D

I am home today so will be running some laps somewhere and later if anyone wants to race I will setup a server, I think some Robin racing anywhere not very big would be fun as lap times around Magione are around 2 min and thats a short track. I will DL and give Tsukaba a go, there is another fun little short track I dloaded a while ago cant remember its name but the guy made it for Beam NG and its too small for most cars would suit the robin perfectly.

Is your server down atm Marty? i'll throw down some laps with ya if you're around

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:25 PM »
I had to reboot it for some reason it got slow but seems ok atm, Got it up with just the robins atm at mgione. I think this track here would be great for these cars too which I may try later.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/green-coast-circuit-v0-75.11155/

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Bugger I cant get that track to work in MP for some odd reason, I can setup the server and it loads but the game thinks I dont have the track.

Was quite fun driving the Robins at Magione but its still a little big for these cars, I will post a replay of the last few corners battle with the other guy. Would be complete madness in a large bunched up field.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
The game probably doesn't think the Robin is a car! ..... And it would be correct :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
Wasn't the Robin created because in one of the British countries anything with 4 wheels was considered a "car", etc. and was taxed a lot more than anything with less than 4 wheels?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
The game probably doesn't think the Robin is a car! ..... And it would be correct :)

Its not the Robin but that track, I have loaded the Robin on any other track.

Wasn't the Robin created because in one of the British countries anything with 4 wheels was considered a "car", etc. and was taxed a lot more than anything with less than 4 wheels?

From the top gear episode they said something about it being made for the miners as many didnt have a drivers license, the Robbin wasnt classed a car so they didnt need a license. Funnily enough morgan made a 3 wheeler more recently with the single wheel at the rear and I have no idea why, It seems to handle in much the same way as the AC Robin just in reverse here.

[youtube]5nIIYpgOLPs[/youtube]

That video is worth a watch as it also shows how much Tiff is struggling to drift these cars with semi slicks and the morgan simply because of what it is.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal