Xtreme Gaming Network

Welcome to XGN's Thursday Fun Runs with Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: Welcome to XGN's Thursday Fun Runs with Assetto Corsa  (Read 22138 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Welcome to XGN's Thursday Fun Runs with Assetto Corsa
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »
Like yourselves, I am very pleased to see the fantastic work of Assetto Corsa 'getting traction' and with the wider community taking on and extending what is the current 'Online Sim Racer' programmes, IMHO.

On the Thursday races, one rule out weighs all, 'Fun'.  Although there will be a "Cup" for a season to have the leader's name added, the Thursday night events is to allow a more 'relaxed' night.  Thursday night series is unrelated to the Tuesday night's sublime series and I don't intend or believe I could match the management, innovation and commitment of Wally.  Although we will endevour to run the race series with as little problems as possible, with stats when possible, leveraging off Wally's great work here at XGN over a number of years.

We are expecting to run 6 round seasons, using modders' car sets, track builders' new tracks. This will introduce interest for us, seeing the progress with AC and to allow us to put something back to the peeps working hard for us, behind the scenes, with feedback, bug issues etc.

So, strap in, get the sound up for some V8 rumbling... and see you on the track.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:49:17 PM by Lemmy Caution »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Thursday Fun Runs with Assetto Corsa Information.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »
Start Times
All times are EASTERN  STATE time.

Practice: 7:30pm, 60 mins
Qualifying 1: 8:30pm
Race 1: 8:50pm
-- Server restart --
Qualifying 2: 9:10pm (approx), 10 mins
Race 2: 9:25pm (approx)
Finish: 9:45pm (approx)

Individual driver points in each race are 24,23,22,21,20 etc. down to 1.
Team points are the accumulation of the individual team member's points. If a reserve stands in for an absent team member, they score points for the team.
Each driver's worst round is dropped, and the worst team round is also dropped.
Fastest lap bonus: 1 point awarded at the end of each race for the driver who sets the fastest lap time.

Rules
* Track Limits. The AC track cutting penalty system will not be used. You must keep at least one wheel within the track boundary, typically delimited by white lines. This won't be enforced. It is an honour system.
* Redress. If you gain position advantage over another driver by colliding with them such that their car leaves the track, or by cutting the track yourself, you are expected to redress your position as soon as safely possible. Gaining position by "reasonable" side-by-side contact is allowed, but rear collisions must be avoided. This won't be enforced. It is an honour system.
* Track Re-entry. You must always re-enter the track with extreme caution. Any collision on re-entry must be redressed.
* Assists. Driving assists like ABS and TC can be used if available on the car. There is no forced driving view.
* Fuel/Tyre Multiplier. Due to an AC bug, please ensure that your Fuel and Tyre wear multipliers in offline mode are set to 1x.

Server Details
'Light Server' prior to race night.
'Race Duty' server on Thursday night.
The AC server is called AUS xgn.com.au THURS Cobra Cup
TeamSpeak is encouraged. The server is ts.xgn.com.au.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:53:19 AM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal