Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: August 28th Goodwood

Author Topic: Round 2: August 28th Goodwood  (Read 38359 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: August 28th Goodwood
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2014, 07:39:28 AM »

there is a bit to be found here Bacchulum. Bit to read through though.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828935673158964273/#p2

A shitload to read, and none of it worked, except a completely fresh install of steam.
Thanks for the help Dick. :-*

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2014, 08:38:17 AM »
He's a dickful help.  I mean a helpful Dick.  :D 

Good thing you guys sorted that one out!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2014, 08:56:32 AM »

there is a bit to be found here Bacchulum. Bit to read through though.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828935673158964273/#p2

A shitload to read, and none of it worked, except a completely fresh install of steam.
Thanks for the help Dick. :-*

Was getting worried last night, no sign of Mr Bacchulum!
It sure looked like there are a few people who get nasty crashes / errors with steam. But not quite enough for Steam to really do anything about it. Or the faults are all slightly different.
  I'd say steam do care. Just too much head scratching to solve all of them.

Glad it's sorted though bro! Now you can enjoy the new corner they spent the last two months building...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
I was disappointed to miss the races. During practice before the first race, my PC locked up, then blue screened. Then it wouldn't reboot - bootmgr not found. Yay. So I spent the next hour stuffing around with Windows Startup Repair and chkdsks etc. It fixed lots of problems, the drive reports it's healthy, and so far so good.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
It fixed lots of problems, the drive reports it's healthy, and so far so good.

Kiss of death!!

Just hope you have got back up ready. If we lose lap time due to poor administration. There will be fist waving..

Nahh.. Jokes Wally.  ;D I hope your PC stays stable. And freaks out only on down time.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »
Anyone else tried the Cobra after the latest AC update? It seems like a vast improvement in stability to me. The fundamental handling instability may have been fixed by the updated physics/FFB in this release. Do others find it also improved?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »
Anyone else tried the Cobra after the latest AC update? It seems like a vast improvement in stability to me. The fundamental handling instability may have been fixed by the updated physics/FFB in this release. Do others find it also improved?

I will need to give it another go but I wasnt a big fan of the car the other day, sure I drove bad but it just did things for no real reason. Kind of makes it hard to be consistant if you can do the same thing 5 times and one of those times it kills you.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2014, 11:10:17 PM »

I will need to give it another go but I wasnt a big fan of the car the other day, sure I drove bad but it just did things for no real reason. Kind of makes it hard to be consistant if you can do the same thing 5 times and one of those times it kills you.
But that's the fun of it! ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 08:05:09 AM »
Will do some Laps tonight.  Sounds like a slight improvement from whattie saying Gratulin, which is Good, don't want to make it easy, it would take away the fun.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »

I think the car was sliding unrealistically once off track. I blame the track more than the car.

Some people are very critical of these Cobra's now. They might be right. but these cars where death traps!
I can remember driving old V8 HQ's and HR's and breaking at high speed was kinda similar. Lots of wallowing and weight shifting.
They might have over all too much mass or something.
But I like the sloppy heavy feel. They have done well to reproduce the engine torque i think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal