Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello

Author Topic: Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello  (Read 45422 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
3 x 7 lap sprints, with 10 minute qually sessions.

Don't forget, in round 1, everyone drives the Lotus Exige 240R Stage 3 for the whole round, to set a benchmark for car selection for the next round.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: Season 3 round 1 race chat: Mugello
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »
Looking forward to it :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

Don't forget, in round 1, everyone drives the Lotus Exige 240R Stage 3 for the whole round, to set a benchmark for car selection for the next round.

Ohh  yeah, like SURE 'set a benchmark'. there might be need to review a couple of our faster members who may be tmepted to fudge their results..  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:07:53 AM »
It's called "adding the strategic element" :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:32:31 AM »

Ohh  yeah, like SURE 'set a benchmark'. there might be need to review a couple of our faster members who may be tmepted to fudge their results..  :P

Since it's reviewed every round, if you're fast, you'll drop down to the slowest cars, don't worry.
Besides, we've seen in the past that people tend to forget the strategical element a tad too easily when it comes to racing :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 11:50:31 AM »

Im pretty sure Dick has been fudging his pace since day 1 purely in anticipation of such a season.  ;D

All my fudged results in season 1 were due to game crashes or the good old start in pit bug, also a few times I had the bug of hitting others pushing me further back in the pack. How will cars be determined for those that miss round 1 I wonder and it may be best for everyone to also run laps on RSR in this combo so we can see where everyone is at pace wise. This way even those that miss the round there will be something we car relate back to in comparison to other guys in later rounds.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
Thndr will be racing in Schmittez place.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »

Im pretty sure Dick has been fudging his pace since day 1 purely in anticipation of such a season.  ;D

All my fudged results in season 1 were due to game crashes or the good old start in pit bug, also a few times I had the bug of hitting others pushing me further back in the pack. How will cars be determined for those that miss round 1 I wonder and it may be best for everyone to also run laps on RSR in this combo so we can see where everyone is at pace wise. This way even those that miss the round there will be something we car relate back to in comparison to other guys in later rounds.

Let's just see how many 'headaches' 'computer crashes' 'knee injuries' and 'dizziness' we get tomorrow night.

Judging by run at blackwood, I'll be in the same stinking car all season. Which is fine. it's quite a nice car.

I think Mr Wally mentioned what happens to car allocation when we miss a round? Same if we DNF?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 10:52:57 AM »
You'll keep the last car you drove.

And any newbies, like reserves racing mid way through, will get "the middle car".

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
What sorta lap times are people getting. ATM I'm getting low 2:11's .

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »

TOO FAST!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
I can't remember. High 2:09's I think. It's on RSR.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

Havent run heaps of laps, I quite like the car at Nords but it really feels odd at mugello. Think I got down to mid 2:08's but not much consistancy and am quite lost setup wise in this car. I think its more driving then setup but will need to run a few more laps to try figure it out.

Looking at the RSR times this is the quickest of the season cars here but it does feel quite awkward, should make for an interesting race as losing a second or more per lap seems quite easy with a small error.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
I've put a setup in my dropbox if anyone needs one.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
I've put a setup in my dropbox if anyone needs one.

Did you get any quicker I didnt run any more after you left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal