Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd

Author Topic: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd  (Read 26616 times)

Offline BenC

• View Profile
Re: Thursday Non-Season Fun Run Oct 2nd
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »
looks like im a bit late.

heres my guid if anyone wants to add me.

7xxxxxxxxxx just in case Bruce 8)

thanks.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:21:40 AM by Flattop Bruce »

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
my id 7656xxxxxx just in case Bruce :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 08:22:11 AM by Flattop Bruce »

Offline BenC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »
my setup.  thanks for letting me join you.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »
Was a bit of fun in this combination, does show the issues od no checksums as some were running older versions of the car which was quite different. As showcased by the few that tried Ben's setup and got the bouncy car syndrome  ;D all good once updated and had a couple good battles with Darren, Guybrush and Bird in the end.

I think maybe for these fun races until the grids fill up it may be better to simply run it as a passworded no booking server. This way anyone with the password can join without needing to mess with GUID's as its not like Tuesday nites where all turn up but instead we waste slots which may have been used by other XGN guys. You could simply set the server to the track max and if it fills up then that wouldnt be a bad problem to have.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 07:25:09 AM »
I like the corvette. It's probably my favourite mod car at the moment. Can't I liked the track though - I couldn't really see any of the.corners and was a bit to stop/start for my liking.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »
I really liked both the car and the track. I found it had a good flow Guybrush. You could take most of the corners pretty fast, except the hairpin of course. That right hander off the freeway to the tyre hairpin was great fun. I got a nice drift through there on a few occasions.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Race Stats from Muselik:

Race 1
Race 2
Race 3
Race 4

Ignore the Race 4 'empty' fields at the end of the page, they are due to overnight inactivity.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:53:36 AM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
I liked both the car and the track to a point, but I'd prefer at least one of the hairpins gone.  And the strategically placed near-invisible poles, too. :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 09:29:28 AM »
Had a great time. Hated every minute of it though! lol
 I must have a long way to go with learning what a good car is! lol I found the corevette to be fun, but to me I really really felt like I was driving some NASCAR arcade racer from the mid 90s. The sound, it was great, but to me it didn't sound like a car engine. Sounded like a dozen chainsaws in a large tin shed or something. When you lift off, sounded a bit more natural though.

It was also near impossible to see anything on the left. A good 1/4 of the screen is some crappy looking pillar. Not everyone has 3 screens. This made negotiating the hairpins very difficult.

I think I'm totally over modded tracks lol. Haven't raced on an official track in ages I think. This was a nice layout, hard to see though. Still very barren. These cars maybe not the best suited for those hairpins. And If you went off anywhere it would just make the FFB vibrate or you would get stuck on something. You could drive through the trees that where 10 meters off track, but not the posts 1 meter from the track.

So I'm going to stick with my very critical views on modded tracks and cars. Even though it is awesome to see new content, for free!.
I expect the standard to be up to, if not pass, AC official tracks. Being OK is not good enough for Dick Forrest.

It's about fun.
It's also about immersion.
I don't want to compromise either.
alas, I feel that we are letting too many so-so tracks into the fray....
ok ok, I know we don't have a great deal of official tracks to choose from atm. I would rather repeat tracks then have to do modded tracks more than once a season. There. I said it. Unless of cause, that modded track didn't have issues or looked like it was slapped together and put up for D/L just to get it out there.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »
Certainly had some difficulties, but I do remember a comment to me from Imperious: "Go to bonnet view and have fun racing..." It has worked for me on many occasions.
It was 'amusing' the parking poles stopped the car in it's tracks and the trees were non-resistant, but still made for some no pressure fun racing.

We had a good roll up for a slap together night, but I enjoyed every minute of it, or should I say "I enjoyed 1:17.xx minutes of it"!

HEHE lets see who will knock that WR off.  To my defense, I was watching the performance delta on the screen and it was -4 seconds when I had slowed and crossed the line.  :-[

I think you will be happy with Cobra Cup Season Two's tracks Dick.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:24:37 AM by Flattop Bruce »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
Certainly had some difficulties, but I do remember a comment to me from Imperious: "Go to bonnet view and have fun racing..." It has worked for me on many occasions.
It was 'amusing' the parking poles stopped the car in it's tracks and the trees were non-resistant, but still made for some no pressure fun racing.

We had a good roll up for a slap together night, but I enjoyed every minute of it, or should I say "I enjoyed 1:17.xx minutes of it"!

HEHE lets see who will knock that WR off.  To my defense, I was watching the performance delta on the screen and it was -4 seconds when I had slowed and crossed the line.  :-[

Yeah big grats on your WR there Bruce! And you're telling us you could have been 4 seconds faster???
look out Darren and Guybrush. There is a new playah in town..

Don't get me wrong. I'll race on anything at the end of the day in a league season..... Except maybe Gentrack again. It's awesome layout, looks polished. but too many game crashes and performance issues. They'll leave it as is if people just put up with it. They might fix it if people stop downloading it.
And there is a track, cant think of it's name... we raced M1's I think in a off season race. It was just two hairpins and 4 corners. I hated it so much I uninstalled it never ever wanting to even see it on my track list lol
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:18:48 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »

They sure are fascinating tracks there Mr Flattop.  :o

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:14 AM »

They sure are fascinating tracks there Mr Flattop.  :o

haha thanks for the notice of the incorrect url Dick, work got in the way of 'virtual life'!   :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:53:39 PM by Flattop Bruce »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »

Yeah big grats on your WR there Bruce! And you're telling us you could have been 4 seconds faster???

Don't get me wrong. I'll race on anything at the end of the day in a league season..... Except maybe Gentrack again. It's awesome layout, looks polished. but too many game crashes and performance issues. They'll leave it as is if people just put up with it. They might fix it if people stop downloading it.
And there is a track, cant think of it's name... we raced M1's I think in a off season race. It was just two hairpins and 4 corners. I hated it so much I uninstalled it never ever wanting to even see it on my track list lol

I will have nothing but absolute praise lavished upon Gentrack 1!

Perhaps the world is telling you it's time to upgrade your computer.  I haven't had any slow down on any of the tracks we've run...but I am using an ATi card so I guess you need to allow for your lowly Nvidia :p

I think I know the track you were thinking of with the 1M's.  I thought it was OK for a smaller track.  I can't wait for Spa though... and for someone to do a decent version of Suzuka.  The Barcelona mod track is quite good as well.  All have a nice range of flowing medium to high speed corners which I love :)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2014, 02:17:55 PM »

I will have nothing but absolute praise lavished upon Gentrack 1!

Perhaps the world is telling you it's time to upgrade your computer.  I haven't had any slow down on any of the tracks we've run...but I am using an ATi card so I guess you need to allow for your lowly Nvidia :p

I think I know the track you were thinking of with the 1M's.  I thought it was OK for a smaller track.  I can't wait for Spa though... and for someone to do a decent version of Suzuka.  The Barcelona mod track is quite good as well.  All have a nice range of flowing medium to high speed corners which I love :)

Yes the end is getting closer and closer of my PC. It's on the cards but I have dozens of other cards to play which are far more important. I can't really see my PC being upgraded till next year sometime. As much as I'd like to do it now. I just have far too many other things tapping my cash flow atm. As far as what is tapping it? Mind your own business! lol
and the 1st frivolous spending I'll be doing is getting my next tattoo started! I'm 12 months behind with that project and it's bugging me far more than poor computer performance.
  I'll keep racing as long as it's playable. But if I had to make a choice now. I'd be putting AC-multiplayer away for a while.

EDIT: This is how AC looks on my PC.

[youtube]HAjLL53g2U8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:09:37 PM by Dick Forrest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal