Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R1: Imola Results and post race

Author Topic: S4R1: Imola Results and post race  (Read 18665 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S4R1: Imola Results and post race
« on: November 18, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »
Race Results and Charts*
Season Standings

Race 1 winner: Guybrush Threepwood
Race 2 winner: Aiman
Round winner: Guybrush Threepwood

Round points
Guybrush Threepwood    70
EdWood    67
Matthew111    64
StanDaam    60
Marty    53
Wally    53
Aiman    52
Freezer    52
Bacchulum    48
Krahl    41
Vipergod    39
Bird    37
M8R    37
Rob    32
Insomniac    31
Phil    30
Imperious    26
Gratulin    20
Dave O    19
GWyar    19
Flattop    18
Schmittez    15
RPM    10
Grubbet    9

Season Podium
1. Guybrush Threepwood, 70
2. EdWood, 67
3. Matthew111, 64

* I know the placings for people who were lapped are screwed, but I've made sure the points are correct. I have to fix that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R1: Imola Results and post race
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:09:23 AM »
Race 1 I ran qualy pressures and struggled for pace, unfortunatly Aiman started to warp pretty bad then I just chased Guybrush back to the line.

Was fun but had some issues again race 2 which I think I have sorted, will just turn off win Aero so the silly popup cant come up as it did at the start of the second race. Was fun trying to work my way back from dead last but didnt do much for my strategy as I lost lots of timing fighting back through the traffic. Then had a bit of a coming together with Insomniac after I exited the pits and was fully loaded and cold tyres he just didnt expect me to brake so early.

Here is a little of what I had to fight through as we pretty much got 4 wide at one point but all backed off into the turn avoiding what I though was going to be a big pile up.

This is how my car was the last 14 laps so made it even harder to try and get any more spots with damaged aero and steering.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 07:40:07 AM »
Race 1, tried to leave room at the start in a busy field, riding the kerbs, avoided trouble. A few laps in, Insomniac gave me the slightest touch on a rear corner which smashed my windscreen and turned me around. I reckon I had the corner (just, being fully in front) but it was a bit of a squeeze so a redress probably wasn't warranted because it was tight. I got used to the cracked glass soon enough. The rest of the race was uneventful. I even tried not to crash into my team mate Bird. I finished 6th, up 3 spots, so that was alright.

Race 2, I stayed out of trouble, racing against quite a few different guys. I pitted on lap 12, and the pitstop was easy. Just click tyre, fill, accept and you're away. Bird with his troubles, maybe you weren't right in the pit box? Dunno... I just had mediums for both stints.
The highlight of the race was the last 10 laps sandwiched between Freezer and Krahl. On lap 20, I oversteered a little wide on entry to that top chicane and Krahl pounced. It was good racing.

In both races, the final lap was my fastest. Light fuel I suppose, but it shows that tyre wear wasn't really an issue. If I had tried hards, and saved 2 seconds in the pitstop, I may have finished a little higher at the end, since there was less than a second to the 2 guys in front of me over the line. But then, I may have been slower on hards all race. Something to ponder.

It was a bit hard to tell who you were racing, especially as the game leaderboard only updates every lap. I don't know how easy it is for people to tell that they're being lapped. I had to ask RPM to let me past, which is all well and good if he's on teamspeak. Sorry about barging through you Flattop too. You'd let Freezer and Krahl through, so I thought the door was still open, and I was in hot pursuit.

Anyway, maybe we should consider the use of Rob's blue flag app. We've discussed it here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=536.0 (where I've improved it a little too).
Rob seemed to think it worked pretty well. Marty likes the track map, but that gets crowded I'm sure, and it's not so obvious or in your face when you're being lapped. Someone last night mentioned another app they use with a live leader board?

Or maybe we should use the whole light flashing thing to say "Hey, I'm lapping you" (if you even know).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 08:08:37 AM »
I think I have sorted my issues and will just leave windows aero off seeing as its so stupid it thinks I was out of resources. Not sure how with 24GB of System ram free and 3.5GB of video ram also unused it decided to open up a box that tells me I am running low on resources and would I like to change my windows settings. Also it gives a little checkbox asking if id like to be told this again or not, I have pressed that checkbox 100 times but it still doesnt do anything.  ;D Im just nit going to run win aero any more on a race nite, was odd as race 1 was fine but started getting strange at the end of qualy.

Lap 1 of the race was bad and I had to stoo as I surely wouod have hit someone. Once I alt tabbed out and saw that box windows box was up closed it then pressed alt enter to resume had no fps issues again. I tried with aero off later and had no issues at all so I hope it will be good for the rest of the season. 2 weeks in a row has been quite a pain but great to see a full 24 car grid not so great being at the very back of it.

I even got lapped by Matt just after I had pitted, and likely held him up a bit as he wasnt on TS and I had no idea he was lapping me. I was heavy and damaged so not quick at that time. If my computer is now playing nice I will put on that blue flag app and Wally's cut app but it never liked too many apps on screen so I will need to test it. A proper live timing app would be handy and with pitstops it can get confusing to know if your racing someone or not. My early stop got me back into the pack for a few laps but I was already in a pack before stopping.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:43:12 AM »
Managed to qualify 7th for race 1 which I was happy with.
R1: Got away smoothly and was careful, as were most, and started trying to hang with the front guys however a few laps in a spun on my own coming out of the last turn and dropped back to about 14th.  However I was able to charge on and get  some spots back to come home 10th.
I ran softs which proved good in that I was able to charge through and get some good passes.  They did fall off a bit in the dying laps but I think the speed advantage for most of the race compensated for this.
R2: Started 6th this time.  After a decent start I found myself on my own with a few guys out in front and the rest of the field gapped back behind me.  I just put it into enduro mode and focused on cranking out consistent laps.  Pitted at lap 14 as tyres were hanging in in the hope that I could then push the second set on the run home.  Came out of the pits a spot down and then had Wally always close behind so just focussed on keeping it together which I was able to do.
Blue Flags:  I think this is an issue.  I came to lap Schmitt and RPM toward the second half of R2 and found they both wanted to race on making it difficult to get past and loosing a bit of time in the process.  Nothing against them as it can be hard to know who you are racing.
As another option I ran a different track map which colour codes those that are in front or behind you.
Good nights racing regardless....

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »
Top night of racing!!  :)

1st race qually, a shocker, couldn't get a lap together, started about 15th... After a very tidy start by everyone, I got lucky after there was a big stack coming onto the straight on about lap 1 or 2 and I managed to slip by with no damage and many postions. Having taken on way too much fuel (I thought both races were x 3 consumption doh!) I came home with a 5th, very happy :)

2nd race, much better qually, about 8th I think. Good start again and I just held a consistent pace and stayed clean. Ended up with GT just behind me and Freezer just in front of me before the pitstops. GT pitted early and was in front of me after I came out of the pits (no surprises there!!). Freezer pitted after I did and I managed to do the same trick of getting by him while he was in the pits. Kept it clean and came home in 5th again. I had hoped for a top 5 as my goal before the races so I was very happy indeed with 2 5ths. Thanks to Wally for organisings and fellow racers for clean n fair racings, much enjoyed  ;D

Online gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »
As another option I ran a different track map which colour codes those that are in front or behind you.
Can we have a link to that app please?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »

Pretty sure that would be the same one as this.
http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=452.0

I have been running it its good but found it quite confusing still during the last race, especially after the pitstop but I also just got damage and was trying to figure out if I needed to pit again or see if it was driveable enough to continue. Made it kind of hard to focus on the track map much and so I did get into Matthews way just before he pitted as he lapped me. I didnt know who I was passing for position or lapping but I onoy gained 15 spots during the race but made quite a few more passes then that so likely a few were cars I was lapping.

The blue flag app would be more handy and if it works should be encouraged for all to use it. Id love a proper real time leaderboard app showing your gaps to the 3 cars ahead and behind also showing what position they are in. This wouod also be good to see who is pitting and post their last lap time. This would be about all Id need and is similar to what all other sims have, the mp timing in AC is I think easily its weakest part.

Its almost like the game doesnt even know where anyone is most of the time, just has a transponder updating at the line and thats all it knows.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
The blue flag app was pretty good when I tried it. But I modded it in that other thread to make it stop showing a green flag when it wasn't blue. Why bother having a green flag there all the time?

I hope the game does flags properly one day and not just say "use an app". That's a cop-out.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »
I will install the "Blue Flag" app, as last night although I realised, looking at the map, that there were 2 about to lap me, I missed the fact that Wally was also there side swiped him :(
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 02:08:39 PM »

Pretty sure that would be the same one as this.
http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=452.0

I have been running it its good but found it quite confusing still during the last race, especially after the pitstop but I also just got damage and was trying to figure out if I needed to pit again or see if it was driveable enough to continue. Made it kind of hard to focus on the track map much and so I did get into Matthews way just before he pitted as he lapped me. I didnt know who I was passing for position or lapping but I onoy gained 15 spots during the race but made quite a few more passes then that so likely a few were cars I was lapping.

The blue flag app would be more handy and if it works should be encouraged for all to use it. Id love a proper real time leaderboard app showing your gaps to the 3 cars ahead and behind also showing what position they are in. This wouod also be good to see who is pitting and post their last lap time. This would be about all Id need and is similar to what all other sims have, the mp timing in AC is I think easily its weakest part.

Its almost like the game doesnt even know where anyone is most of the time, just has a transponder updating at the line and thats all it knows.
Have a look at this Marty.  Haven't tried it yet but it shows the gaps etc...
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferito-livecartracker.3420/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
Looks good Freezer. I wonder what the blue flag functionality is like.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
Yeah, the blue flag thing is a definitely a problem, I have since downloaded the blue flag app which should help because using TS is always a viable option to find as I found out the hard way. Got asked if I was racing for position panicked like an idiot when to reply but was coming up to turn 1 and completely messing it up about 4 cars went past but only lost 1 position.

Race 1: had a bit of a coming together with I'm pretty sure it was Bruce, on T3 L1 nothing major just wasn't enough room, I probably should of brake, but I don't like just randomly jamming on the brakes in a big pack like at the start of the race. Coming up to the last corner on L1 again I think some one spun on the corner before and it looked like they were going to just ended on on the infield but ended up spinning back across and stopping right where I was going to drive so I jammed on the brakes and there was a bit of a hit I think my splitter ended up yellow after it. there were a few other hits only one other but that was because I went to overtake under braking and the person behind me went to over take me and then I git a hit up the back.

Race 2: pretty standard start everyone got through the first few turns with out indecent from what I saw, again in this race I got a few taps ups the back, I musnt know how to brake of accelerate out of the corner because I got bumps on both. then on lap 18 after I went off after my incompetence to race and talk on TS I was trying to get my position back from GWyar and I got the run on him out of the back chicane, then we were comping up to the right handed kink side by side and all of a sudden I got a fairly big hit and went way off to the infield and it didn't look like GWyar got affected at all so I don't really know what happened because I'm pretty sure I left enough room for us to both get through and the amount of force from the hit seemed a lot more than what would of happened if we had just bumped in to each other. I was going to try and continue to race but I had red splitter, red rear wing, red right side, and bright yellow on both left suspensions which made my wheel need to be about 90 turned to the right to go straight and the car didnt seem to have as much go either so I just retired from the race.

Not trying to blame GWyar, I would really like to hear his side of that, I think lag may have played a part in it.

Oh well, guess I will just have to do better in the 599 next week.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »
Yeah, the blue flag thing is a definitely a problem, I have since downloaded the blue flag app which should help because using TS is always a viable option to find as I found out the hard way. Got asked if I was racing for position panicked like an idiot when to reply but was coming up to turn 1 and completely messing it up about 4 cars went past but only lost 1 position.

Race 1: had a bit of a coming together with I'm pretty sure it was Bruce, on T3 L1 nothing major just wasn't enough room, I probably should of brake, but I don't like just randomly jamming on the brakes in a big pack like at the start of the race. Coming up to the last corner on L1 again I think some one spun on the corner before and it looked like they were going to just ended on on the infield but ended up spinning back across and stopping right where I was going to drive so I jammed on the brakes and there was a bit of a hit I think my splitter ended up yellow after it. there were a few other hits only one other but that was because I went to overtake under braking and the person behind me went to over take me and then I git a hit up the back.

Race 2: pretty standard start everyone got through the first few turns with out indecent from what I saw, again in this race I got a few taps ups the back, I musnt know how to brake of accelerate out of the corner because I got bumps on both. then on lap 18 after I went off after my incompetence to race and talk on TS I was trying to get my position back from GWyar and I got the run on him out of the back chicane, then we were comping up to the right handed kink side by side and all of a sudden I got a fairly big hit and went way off to the infield and it didn't look like GWyar got affected at all so I don't really know what happened because I'm pretty sure I left enough room for us to both get through and the amount of force from the hit seemed a lot more than what would of happened if we had just bumped in to each other. I was going to try and continue to race but I had red splitter, red rear wing, red right side, and bright yellow on both left suspensions which made my wheel need to be about 90 turned to the right to go straight and the car didnt seem to have as much go either so I just retired from the race.

Not trying to blame GWyar, I would really like to hear his side of that, I think lag may have played a part in it.

Oh well, guess I will just have to do better in the 599 next week.
There was definately some fairly savage lag spikes around the back end of R2, I had some cars disappear etc...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »
Sorry Schmittez, that was me, my apologies, I hope you heard at the time, I didn't take enough care, I thought I was clear, but wasn't, I turned in you, thanks for being forgiving.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal