Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat  (Read 22249 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
Race 2 on turn 2 lap 1 some people went off ahead of me, no big deal but when I got to the corner one of the people, In a P4/5 didn't catch the name was re-entering the track
What colour P4 . . . . . there was only two of us . . . . I did get hit early in the piece but I dont recall this!!!

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 08:49:59 AM »
Apologies for not turning up fellas, got a surprise party sprung on me for my birthday last night.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
Mixed night for me, some highs and lows.
Having the MP4 I was feeling pretty good for this round  :D
That changed after 3 corners into the sprint race and I've given Marty a tap and sent him round... After I looked at the replay, like Marty said, it wasn't completely my fault as he was quite out of shape... but he would have saved it if not for my tap so I felt terrible... Now at the back of the field, I raced on until about lap 6 then had another little incident that busted my liddle McLaren, so I limped home all sad.

Race 2 was a much better race!
Got a good start and was in 3rd. Was pressuring Mathew a bit too much too early, I should have let my tyres and the track rubber up a bit more. I was following a bit too close through the Schumacher S section and suddenly I've got that 'ohh dear I'm not gunna save this feeling' and I'm in the sand with yellows on the front n rear. But the McLaren still felt good and I was in about 8th when I rejoined I think. From then on I had a great race, right down to the last corner when I had a slim chance to get 2nd but Wally was too good and I came home very happy in 3rd . Of course I was behind Marty for a lot of this race and I made sure I was on my best behavior after the race 1 incident   :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 10:19:53 AM »
Apologies for not turning up fellas, got a surprise party sprung on me for my birthday last night.

That's a fair excuse! Happy birthday.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 01:04:31 PM »

Hey Marty, what graphics card do you use? Your images look 10 times better than mine.  I find my shadows almost black whilst the highlights over exposed.
However I have just ordered a MSI GTX 970 Gaming which should fix the problem.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 01:25:28 PM »

Hey Marty, what graphics card do you use? Your images look 10 times better than mine.  I find my shadows almost black whilst the highlights over exposed.

I'd say it's more down to your graphics settings than the graphics card.  Have you played with the post-processing effects?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

As Guy says I dont think its so much the graphics cards as the settings, but I do have 2x Titans liquid cooled so can run settings pretty much maxed. I just use the in game PP effects at dynamic as this seems to give the best look to me mostly in the areas you mentioned with highlights and shadows.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »

As Guy says I dont think its so much the graphics cards as the settings, but I do have 2x Titans liquid cooled so can run settings pretty much maxed. I just use the in game PP effects at dynamic as this seems to give the best look to me mostly in the areas you mentioned with highlights and shadows.
I can't run higher settings in game on race night as it gets to stuttery.  None of the PP settings remove the problem on my rig.  So better card equals higher settings and my 6800 series card is getting a bit tired....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »
It can also be your monitor calibration. Brightness, gamma etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
Race 2 on turn 2 lap 1 some people went off ahead of me, no big deal but when I got to the corner one of the people, In a P4/5 didn't catch the name was re-entering the track
What colour P4 . . . . . there was only two of us . . . . I did get hit early in the piece but I dont recall this!!!

They were both black weren't they, I think it might have been you just based on the fact that you were behind me for the first few laps. What happened may have been different to what I recall happening. It may have even been you getting rebounded back on to the track from a hit or something, but from where I was it looked like you came all the way from the right side to the left side and I went to sneak up the left as you started on the right about a car length in front of me but by the time you go to the other side of the track we were pretty much side by side.

If only we could watch that part of the replay because I would really like to know what happened because I was really confused at the time as to why a car seemed to be cutting across the track to be in front of me.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 04:44:55 PM »
I was right behind you both in the 'other' P4/5 and it looked like a racing incident to me as I sailed by thinking you beauty! Similar thing happened to me and Stan Daam in the next corner a few laps later. Both of us gave each other room but the cars suddenly came together as we went around the corner side-by-side. I also wish I could see the replay because I wonder whether my car slid sideways into Stan Daam even though visually I saw his car come sideways towards me.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:35 PM »
Race 1 was OK for me, I slowly fell back due to my actual pace, as opposed to my supersoft pace which gave me a good grid spot. ;D

Race 2 was eventful with some close but fair racing.
I decided to keep my mediums on at the stop to save time, and it work as I undercut DaveO but just didn't have the pace to hold him off.
Picked up some front splitter damage and together with old mediums started to get swamped due to understeer.
Bird got by but despite some door-to-door through turns 3, 4 & 5 I held off Vipergod (good racing that, mate ;D)

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
Was awsome fun Dave. Fair but hard racing, i was sweating at the end
R1 i stuffed up on my own went near the back, ended up racing m8r. wow is he hard to pass lol, ended up sliding off at the last chicane, cutting it and had to redress.(you may have squeezed me a little ;D)
R2 Has to have been the best race so far for me in this game Steve great racing till you slid too much, Istvan LEAVE ME ALONE
And as said Dave great stuff

One thing though guys  do any of you use look left/right  Twice i was pushed off the track by slower cars when passing, it was like they didnt know i was there. I always leave room when wheel to wheel even if i lose the spot.....

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
Similar thing happened to me and Stan Daam in the next corner a few laps later. Both of us gave each other room but the cars suddenly came together as we went around the corner side-by-side. I also wish I could see the replay because I wonder whether my car slid sideways into Stan Daam even though visually I saw his car come sideways towards me.
Yeah I too was surprised by that contact. I thought we both gave each other racing room... looking at the replay it looks like we had slightly different lines around that corner which didn't help... here's a rough video of the incident... sorry dude!!  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »
Similar thing happened to me and Stan Daam in the next corner a few laps later. Both of us gave each other room but the cars suddenly came together as we went around the corner side-by-side. I also wish I could see the replay because I wonder whether my car slid sideways into Stan Daam even though visually I saw his car come sideways towards me.
Yeah I too was surprised by that contact. I thought we both gave each other racing room... looking at the replay it looks like we had slightly different lines around that corner which didn't help... here's a rough video of the incident... sorry dude!!  :)

Watching that video looks to me Stan left plenty of room inside but the inside car didnt leave any on exit pushing up into it. When going side by side through a corner like that the inside car cant keep its normal pace as it always will end up leaving no room for the other with a natural exit on the kerb. You can see just prior to the contact Stan holdijg the outside line but Gratulins car moving up into it carrying a bit too much speed to hold the tight line needed to leave a car space on the outside lane.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal