Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat  (Read 22244 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: S4R5: Nurburgring Post Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »
Not really Marty. I think what Stan Daam says is correct except it was my fault. I had the angles wrong. I thought I was driving on the same radius as Stan Daam except on the inside line. I actually drive straight into him. I could see his car in my side monitor but didn't help. Sorry Stan Daam :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 11:14:23 PM »
In car it would be very hard to see stans car from where you were, I think you were exiting too wide and the only place he could go is on the kerb so technicaly that would be inside car at fault not leaving enough room IMHO. Stan would have seen you much better then you saw him, its not like its a deliberate crash or anything. Its still a racing incident but Im just saying how I see it and there may be differing opinions.

I just always like to look at replays to see any incidents Im in as its the only way to learn. Quite often what you thought happened and how it actually looks on the replay are quite different. Even my incident with stan in race 1 though he spun me around I had got fairly loose before that which slowed my car a bit in an awkward spot.

I would have saved it quite easily without the contact but also Stan didnt have much option other then braking quite hard mid corner to avoid contact. It was my error initialy added on to a small error by him but had I not lost speed in the corner it would never have happened so its my fault too.

Also I spun him on the last lap of a practice race the nite before after a great battle so it may have just been a payback.  ;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »
Also I spun him on the last lap of a practice race the nite before after a great battle so it may have just been a payback.  ;D

Ha ha!! That's exactly how it happened!! I just lined up for the race 1 chanting 'Must Get Marty!! Must Get Marty!!'  >:(

All good Gratulin, just a tight racing incident  :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

Ha ha!! That's exactly how it happened!! I just lined up for the race 1 chanting 'Must Get Marty!! Must Get Marty!!'  >:(

I have that written across the top of my monitor to remind me of the big picture.  Actually, I write different things down for each race, such as "must not superman, must not superman", or "remember not to fart while on Team Speak", etc.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 11:04:43 AM »
I have that written across the top of my monitor to remind me of the big picture.  Actually, I write different things down for each race, such as "must not superman, must not superman", or "remember not to fart while on Team Speak", etc.

That fart one must be a new message, Im sure ive heard a few sneak into your mic on race nites.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »
...and I thought it was his controller making all that noise when he crashes...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal