Xtreme Gaming Network

S5R7: Lotus Exos 125 at Mugello - Post Race

Author Topic: S5R7: Lotus Exos 125 at Mugello - Post Race  (Read 11071 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S5R7: Lotus Exos 125 at Mugello - Post Race
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:26:33 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings

Penalties: StanDaam in race 1 for running into the rear of Perch.
No penalty for the Bacchulum incident in race 1 - that was the slightest of wheel touches through no one's fault, really, but caused quite some chaos.

Round Points
Matthew111    220
Ysu    202
EdWood    197
StanDaam    175
M8R    156
Bacchulum    152
Wally    138
Gratulin    130
Rob    123
Rolz    123
Imperious    120
Perch    115
Grubbet    99
Freezer    96
Vipergod    91
Simone    86

Congratulations to Matthew111 on the round win and Ed and Matthew on the race wins.

And the season podium is....

1. StanDaam, 1138
2. Matthew111, 1046
3. Bacchulum, 936

Congratulations to the season champion, StanDaam, on his first championship! Well done to Matthew and Bacchulum as well.

And the team championship goes to... TKO Racing.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:42:11 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S5R7: Lotus Exos 125 at Mugello - Post Race
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »
And some post-season stats:

Best average finish pos: Guybrush, 2.8
Most wins: Guybrush, 8
Most podiums: StanDaam, 10
Most poles: Guybrush, 6
Most fastest laps: Guybrush, 7
Most consistent: Bacchulum
Hunter (chasing someone): Wally
Hunted (being chased by someone): Wally
Busiest: Wally
Loneliest: Krahl

You can see why I enjoyed this season - I was in the thickest of the action more times than anyone else.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:30 PM »
And I was consistently by myself most of the time. :P
Still want more 98T though, such a rewarding car. ;D 8)

Well done StanDaam, may there be much rejoicing to be had by all. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 12:06:15 AM »
Penalties: StanDaam in race 1 for running into the rear of Perch.

You probably looked at the replay (I haven't myself) before coming to that decision, Wally, but I'd still say I'm half to blame given the way we're supposed to go about turn one. That is, slow and steady in order tokeep everyone on the track and I believe I sort of ran him out of room on the straight. I'd say it was a little bit silly (yet out of character, I haven't forgotten Monza, Stan! ;)) on Stan's part but I've certainly had plenty of my own stupid stuff ups throughout the latter half of the season without consequence.

Anyway, congratulations to Stan on the championship win and here's hoping for plenty of close racing come season 6!  :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 06:53:32 AM »
Well done Stan!  Sounds like there was some close racing.

I assume Wally has the Crown Palladium room booked for the official hand over of the championship tiara?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »
Re Stan, it looked to me like he was just too fast behind you and didn't pull up in time, sending Perch off the track.

I had some great close racing again, with Rolz, Stan, Imperious and others. In both races I made the same mistake behind Rolz in the same place, that final right hairpin before the ”wiggly bits”, where I was carrying more speed than him and had to check up abruptly, which made me skid off into the gravel and lose a bunch of spots. I mist have had more downforce than him (20/26) as I kept catching him in the corners. The only other mishap was falling victim to the Mugello kerbs one time and spinning. I had a good chase of Imperious in that dying stages of race 2, managing to make a pass but then trying to draft M8R to the finish line, popped out at the line but missed by 0.08.

I pitted late, and I think the fresher tyres helped me. The ”gap to leader” chart shows me slowly making up a bit of ground on those ahead of me. The position graph is also interesting, with lots of position swapping.

These were my favourite cars off the season. I had the closest racing in these, rarely lonely.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »
Re Stan, it looked to me like he was just too fast behind you and didn't pull up in time, sending Perch off the track.
He went past me at warp speed approaching the corner :D
Anyhow, very well done on taking out the Pat Phillips cup along with Perch! 

And congrats to our team for a clear domination this time! ;)

It's a shame I could not be around for the rest, the cars I was in here for were surprisingly good fun.

Big thanks Wally for the organisation!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
Didn't really practice for this one . . and it showed.
R1 got away well and hung to the inside at T1 as cars were spinning but then had a rub with one of them and went around and the pile up got even bigger.  Got going but was well towards the back so just cruised home.
R2 Did a last minute change of set up to my Spa set and threw a heap of downforce at it as the previous was pretty understeery.
The car was now a lot more sharp.  However.  Once we got underway I was following the front pack but the rear would suddenly step out particularly at T9 Arrabiata where I had previouly been holding it flat.  So I had a car that appeared good but would bite hard and this saw me having numerous spins until I was so far behind that I decided to bail out.
Well done to those at the pointy end...!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 11:52:44 AM »
Yeah was a tricky one into the first corner of race 1. Watching the replay, I did get squeezed and had to let off the gas to avoid an accident, then just as I put my foot back on the accelerator, Perch braked just in front of me. Open wheelers that close, you don't have much time to react, but penalty taken and sorry about the shunt, and also if that had a flow on effect to the big pile up around the corner.
After the debacle at the start, the rest of the race turned out well. Thanks to Matthew and that set he found, suddenly my car could stay flat out through the arrabbiata's so I was very happy with that. Managed to get back to 5th after some good dicings with Wally and Rolz.

Race 2 was much better, watched Perch pit early and thought we might end up racing together later on. Waved goodbye to Mathew,Ed and Bird and settled into a steady pace. Ed got bored up front and decided to practice his overtaking maneuvers on me, which was fun. He'd play in the sand then rejoin and pass me, then repeat. After the pit-stop ended up with ED at the rear again, which pushed me for a few laps, which mean't I caught a little bit up to Perch. Then Ed got by me and caught up to Perch. Was hoping for good fight at the end but it didn't happen, Ed went off and Perch ran out of fuel. Came home in 3rd and on the podium, much champagne and grid girl action for sure!!

Great season of racing chaps!! Heaps of fun and thanks to Wally for running a very organised and polished events. Cheers!!!  :D

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 12:42:16 PM »
I loved these cars... my eyes were so sore after last night... it's these races where I think I forget to blink  :o

Race 1 - really happy with how I performed
Race 2 - I don't know it's like I drop in concentration or something... fall out of the zone is maybe the best way to describe it?

Overall top stuff, great season all, brilliant battles and really great racing... from season 1 to the end of season 5 there as been such an improvement in the quality of everyone's racing!  ;D

I can't wait now for the DLC to be released and perhaps another DTM season?   ::)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:43 PM »
well done all,especially to Stan!  I have enjoyed the season a lot,bit of shame for my ups and down but a fun season
Thx wally for organizing the races and thx all of you for putting up with me,,,,,great fun!!
Now if I only  find the time  to put together my new PC in time for season 6 it would be good :-*

cheers!!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 02:31:39 PM »
well done all,especially to Stan!  I have enjoyed the season a lot,bit of shame for my ups and down but a fun season
Thx wally for organizing the races and thx all of you for putting up with me,,,,,great fun!!
Now if I only  find the time  to put together my new PC in time for season 6 it would be good :-*

cheers!!!

Yeah, putting up with you was the hardest part for all of us :lol:

As for the computer; what the hell are you still doing?  Just buy the bloody parts! :)
970s will probably go even cheaper, soon enough, seeing all the fuss about the memory problems, hehe. (gulp, oh wait I've bought these too!)

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »
Thanks again Wally for the top effort
Congrats to the winners
As for me i just didn't get into these cars (loved the big turbo bastard though). So sorry for some ordinary driving

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:15 PM »

cheers!!!

Yeah, putting up with you was the hardest part for all of us :lol:

As for the computer; what the hell are you still doing?  Just buy the bloody parts! :)
970s will probably go even cheaper, soon enough, seeing all the fuss about the memory problems, hehe. (gulp, oh wait I've bought these too!)

Ye I got all the parts but the ssd ..ok...next week will be the week 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal