Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R4: Monza Results and Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R4: Monza Results and Post-Race Chat  (Read 14126 times)

Offline M8R

• View Profile
Re: S4R4: Monza Results and Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
Thought i should make my first post now that ive had a few races as a reserve.  I have enjoyed racing here with skilled and clean drivers on a server with low ping.  Its refreshing to be able to go into corners knowing that the driver next to you wont use you as a brake.   Hats off to Wally for running such a well organised event.

Also just want to mention that there can be an advantage depending on where your pitbox is located.  If at the start of the pits you need to stop immediately and then travel 80kph for the whole pit straight to resume, whereas if at the far end you can take a fair bit of speed into the pits before the auto brakes slow down to 80.  Its not much but could mean the difference between holding or gaining a position.  Obviously this is only an issue on fast pit entry tracks.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »
forgot about this lol

qualy 1: i couldnt do the lap lol and got 5th way off my pace

race1: I thought it be a great idea to make some tyre pressure changes before the race start which was a bad idea as the car was horrid all race! all i could do was hang on for the ride and try to defend. That plan ws working until freezer caught up to me and pulled a nice move late on the brakes into t1 and put me into 5th i think lol and that where i stayed

race2: Car was a lot better this race and i did my pb in qualy to end up on the front row. My aim was to stick with GT and pull away from the mercs as they were killer down the straights but this didnt happen lol i just got monstered down the main straight, my Lotus had nothing down the straights all race even compared to other lotus drivers and i thought i had it down pat as i was only running 1 aero! must of been gearing who knows lol but anyway i stayed 3rd for a while and watched Krahl and GT battle it out until they ran each other off into the last turn and handed me the lead. I held my lead until my tyres were spent on lap 10 so i came into the pits where it all went wrong lol my motec box flashed up and semi minimized my game so i couldnt touch my pit menu for like 5 secs or more so that cost me the lead and i came out behind Marty after he pitted, I think we made contact on the exit of t1 i think i was lagging a bit as i was a metre behind but he suddenly spun so i put two and two together and waited for him lol. I battled with marty until the finish but couldnt really do much to get past him as he kept pulling away down the straights too lol so i came 5th i think then too or 6th i forget lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:08 PM »
Also just want to mention that there can be an advantage depending on where your pitbox is located.  If at the start of the pits you need to stop immediately and then travel 80kph for the whole pit straight to resume, whereas if at the far end you can take a fair bit of speed into the pits before the auto brakes slow down to 80.  Its not much but could mean the difference between holding or gaining a position.  Obviously this is only an issue on fast pit entry tracks.

I will need to check the replay because I dont know how I had a net gain in the last round during the pit against you. I pulled in behind by a little but took quite a few clicks to get my fuel number, felt like I wasted an hour but probably only a few seconds. Pretty sure my pit spot was after yours but we did enter at similar speeds, need to check replay. Possibly the merc needed lots more fuel in the stop as the Lotus only needed 70l to finish the race. This would have meant the time I lost early in the pit may have been gained back needing less fuel during the stop.

I held my lead until my tyres were spent on lap 10 so i came into the pits where it all went wrong lol my motec box flashed up and semi minimized my game so i couldnt touch my pit menu for like 5 secs or more so that cost me the lead and i came out behind Marty after he pitted, I think we made contact on the exit of t1 i think i was lagging a bit as i was a metre behind but he suddenly spun so i put two and two together and waited for him lol. I battled with marty until the finish but couldnt really do much to get past him as he kept pulling away down the straights too lol so i came 5th i think then too or 6th i forget lol

Yea that spin was very weird and didnt make sense at the time. I had come out of the pits so cold tyres but I got a fair entry into 1 and as good an exit into 2 as I could. My gearing was also set mostly for this corner and so I was gaining on most other lotuses out of this corner. I felt the bump a little after the apex when I was already full throttle, on entry your car really didnt look so close. Quite likely was lag involved because it doesnt make sense any other way. You couldnt have gained so much moment after the apex to have a big enough impact to put me into a full spin. Thanks for waiting and was hard work keeping you back there for the rest of the race.

What tyres were you running Matthew for them to go off on lap 10? I was on meds and Guy was also on meds but the gtc didnt have an option to run softs as they are rubbish. With aero I also ran 0 2 because I was loosing speed mid corner and exit with the lower wing but guy ran 0 0. Pretty sure gx has more downforce so gets away with lower wings and also has better tyres then the gtc but it has a bit more power.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:14:50 PM by marty »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 03:39:10 PM »
I ran softs lol which is why I did a 49 in the race. The longest I ran the car when I tested it was 8 laps and it felt fine but turns out they just fall off the cliff after that, never tried the meds lol so when I put them on for my 2nd stint it was all new to me but they definitely held on better in the end.
Yeah you really had a good kick out of the turns, I had fairly stock gearing all I did was 1 click up on final ratio and 1 click up on 6th so I guess that's why my car looked lazier down the straights I wasn't punching out of the tight turns quick enough ah well lol
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 04:16:57 PM »
I ran softs lol which is why I did a 49 in the race. The longest I ran the car when I tested it was 8 laps and it felt fine but turns out they just fall off the cliff after that, never tried the meds lol so when I put them on for my 2nd stint it was all new to me but they definitely held on better in the end.
Yeah you really had a good kick out of the turns, I had fairly stock gearing all I did was 1 click up on final ratio and 1 click up on 6th so I guess that's why my car looked lazier down the straights I wasn't punching out of the tight turns quick enough ah well lol

The softs explain why you lost so much time before your stop, meds could keep the pace over 12 laps quite easily in both cars. You and Guy were real close but you probably lost 4 seconds or so from lap 8 until your stop which is about how far behind me and M8R were and why you ended up just behind us after the stop.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal