Xtreme Gaming Network

S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)

Author Topic: S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)  (Read 19494 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S30R1 - Red Bull Ring (Oct 1)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
Good nights racing for me.  R1 was a nose to tail battle between Wally, myself and Bacchulum which saw me as the hunter, hunted and busiest!
I ran softs and was consistent across the race but I note I was 30 seconds behind winner Mael at the end even though I was 5th.
R2 was time to try the super softs.  I hadn't even noticed these in practice!!  I silly spin on lap 3 saw me drop 4 spots, but it was a good chase back
to 8th, battling most of the second half with Bueller.  Supersofts proved to be around a second a lap quicker for me and I set my quickest lap on L17.

Won't be here next week as going away, so see you at Watkins Glen.

p.s. Well done Mael . . . killed it!

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »
I don't mix well with hairpins...or tight chicanes.

Race 1: I was having fun till I spun coming off a slow corner, then did it again for a few laps and had a stinker.

Race2: I was having fun till I spun coming off a slow corner, then did it again for a few laps....and on the way collected poor Rob after losing it, and had a stinker. I'm very  sorry Rob.  Then I quit after a few more spins. Hopefully I be able to get some more practice before the next round, and can keep it on the track.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2019, 06:57:55 PM »

Race2: I was having fun till I spun coming off a slow corner, then did it again for a few laps....and on the way collected poor Rob after losing it, and had a stinker. I'm very  sorry Rob.  Then I quit after a few more spins. Hopefully I be able to get some more practice before the next round, and can keep it on the track.

Hey Doobs, don't worry about it, I don't take racing too seriously. I usually finish about last anyway, so no big deal.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »
Stupid mistake at turn one first race resulted in me being by myself almost the whole race.
Strangely enough race two was even more lonely without a mistake. The sharp right-handers, especially the 2nd one, were always borderline losing my rear end.
It's a good track for these cars.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2019, 02:17:13 PM »
I suspect the super softs should last the entire stint here...if one;s right foot it well controlled :P
I'd like to see that :)

Challenge accepted
Bull shitter

8)

my super trick double bluff double backfired in race 1 :P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »

Race 1: I was having fun till I spun coming off a slow corner, then did it again for a few laps and had a stinker.

I've added a couple of Nissan setups to my drive (see sig).
maybe one of them might suit. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2019, 11:13:55 PM »

I've added a couple of Nissan setups to my drive (see sig).
maybe one of them might suit. ;)
Thanks man, I'll check em out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal