Xtreme Gaming Network

Now WE KNEW these were great...

Author Topic: Now WE KNEW these were great...  (Read 9592 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Now WE KNEW these were great...
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
Hemi-powered Challenger R/T takes Best of Show at Musclepalooza XIX
- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/#sthash.pA7Lpins.dpuf

This Memorial Day weekend’s Musclepalooza XIX, held on Sunday, turned out to be the biggest such event Hemmings has held yet, drawing somewhere north of 600 show vehicles and more than 400 race cars. Weather was nearly perfect all day at Lebanon Valley Dragway in West Lebanon, New York, and the muscle cars turned up in force to celebrate the start of the summer season.

Large car counts with lots of meticulously restored vehicles makes for a great show, but also makes the task of selecting winners that much tougher for the judges, especially when it comes time to pick the vaunted Best of Show award. But we had confidence we were making the right choice this time.

The 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T of Robert Conca is a car we’d seen before, and it had impressed us during those previous encounters. The green coupe is a factory Hemi car, and its restoration is just stunning. After combing over the car during our Hemmings Concours in Saratoga Springs last summer, we really could not find fault with the rare Dodge; it was in essentially the exact same state on Sunday.

Conca hails from White Plains, New York, and also has a 1970 ‘Cuda 340 that we’ve judged in the past as well; it, too is nearly perfect. Congratulations to Robert Conca, and to all of our class winners from Sunday’s event – it was a tremendous show for fans of American performance. We’ll do it again this Labor Day weekend, returning to Lebanon Valley Dragway – keep an eye on the events page at Hemmings.com for details and updates, and look for full coverage of the show in an upcoming issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines.
- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/#sthash.pA7Lpins.dpuf
Thanks again to Hemmings.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline SlayerOne

• View Profile
Re: Now WE KNEW these were great...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
it's a pretty sweet ride
"He's busted, dusted and disgusted, but he's ok"
specs: Windows 8.1; Asus Z87-GD65; Nvidia GTX770; 16GB Ram; Intel i7-4770K 3.5ghz * 8; Logitech G27

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
ohhh yeah.
and while we on good rides...  Have you seen something like this at Le Mans???
What the 1948 Cadillac could have looked like
[/b]
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/06/17/what-the-1948-cadillac-could-have-looked-like/

The 1948 and 1949 Cadillacs defined high-tech for their day. In those two years, the crest and wreath introduced styling and engineering innovations that would go on to influence the American auto industry for decades. Aircraft design inspired some of those innovations, but as we see from several renderings for the postwar Cadillac, planes could have had a much more prominent role in Cadillac design.

As Michael Lamm related more than 40 years ago in his story looking at the 1948 and 1949 Cadillacs for Special Interest Autos (issue #11, June 1972), Harley Earl gets credit for introducing the tailfin to GM’s designers when he took them on a field trip to Selfridge Field near Detroit to sketch the new Lockheed P-38 Lightnings. Whether legendary designer Frank Hershey was among that group, Lamm didn’t say, but it was Hershey’s advanced design studio within GM that got Earl’s assignment to design the postwar Cadillacs and in the process bring some of the P-38′s design elements into the automotive world.
- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/06/17/what-the-1948-cadillac-could-have-looked-like/#sthash.u6T4amF5.dpuf

and Ford 'cudda been'...

Ford's 1963 Allegro concept. Photo courtesy Ford Motor Company. In the decades following the Second World War, the drive to produce a more stylish automobile year upon year created an arms race between American automakers, none of which were content to lose ground to rival brands in the quest for driveway dominance. In 1964... Read more

In the decades following the Second World War, the drive to produce a more stylish automobile year upon year created an arms race between American automakers, none of which were content to lose ground to rival brands in the quest for driveway dominance. In 1964, with the introduction of the Mustang behind it, Ford released Styling and the Experimental Car, a short film that gave a glimpse into Ford’s views on automotive design and its occasionally accurate vision of the future.

If the Allegro concept looks familiar, it should; the car’s long hood and fastback styling influenced the production Mustang’s lines, as did the car’s recessed headlamps and protruding grille. The adjustable pedals seen in the Allegro concept would eventually find their way into production, as would the tiltaway steering wheel to allow easy egress (although the cantilever design with push-button adjustability shown in the video never reached production). The Allegro concept lived on in several other forms, including a roadster variant with styling similar to the fastback and a later Allegro II variant (shown in 1967) that bore a striking resemblance to the 1974 Mustang II.
- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/#sthash.Gc6PpfCv.dpuf
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:31:02 PM by Flattop »

Offline SlayerOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 10:00:17 PM »
ohhh yeah.
and while we on good rides...  Have you seen something like this at Le Mans???
What the 1948 Cadillac could have looked like
[/b]
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/06/17/what-the-1948-cadillac-could-have-looked-like/

that reminds me of the Corvega (from Fallout 3)
"He's busted, dusted and disgusted, but he's ok"
specs: Windows 8.1; Asus Z87-GD65; Nvidia GTX770; 16GB Ram; Intel i7-4770K 3.5ghz * 8; Logitech G27

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:31:06 AM »
I want one!

tapatalk on an °[●●]°

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal