Xtreme Gaming Network

Automobilista 2

Author Topic: Automobilista 2  (Read 5737 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Automobilista 2
« on: February 28, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »
Anyone else getting this ? 
I know we are getting the server for another 3 years and AC will always be the main game, but sometimes occasionally it would be cool to do a different game on Thursdays or another night, even if its just a few people, to keep everything fresh as sometime after so long AC does become a little stale ?

Anyway I think I will get (as long as I can confim that it supports triples staright away    ;D  ) I think that the first Automobilista feels better than AC to drive,  I get bored with single player mode so don't play it enough
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Automobilista 2
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
If it supports VR I will get it, another sim we could try is rf2, which is pretty good.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:23:01 PM »
Hmmm .. trying to stay positive.  D/L the BETA this morning, feels more like a pre-alpha - I wasn't expecting so much content, it is pretty much all there but clearly a "cut and paste" from one engine to another.  Feels lacking in any real immersion or generational leap forward. I'll be amazed if they get this to a proper Rel 1 candidate within a month.
  • The cars are direct copy across from AMS1, as are the tracks.  Nowhere near the quality of ACC or good AC mods.
  • FFB doesn't feel great, lots of testing required here
  • All sorts of weird behavior (i.e. car power cuts out over kerbs on many tracks)
  • AI have the old Project Cars "rubber band" slowdown and catch-up model
  • The clutch / gearbox model is horrible
Plenty of stuff that can be improved.  I am sure once they get the base stuff done some of the newer DLC will be good however this could be sometime off.

It is fun to get back to the Brazilian tracks that aren't available anywhere else.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 03:57:55 PM by ab156 »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 03:06:16 PM »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 03:23:59 PM by rooshooter »

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:24:27 PM »
Had to request a refund. Did not realise the Madness engine would also be the UI. Quite frankly the UI and control scheme of PCARS 2 and now this game deserve one of those infamous walls of angry emotes.

1. Any significant change needs you to reboot the game.
2. Has console like controller labels on some functions even though I don't have a controller plugged in.
3. Some UI functions are at the edge of the screen meaning they are outside my view FFS.
4. Can't detect controllers properly and when it does the configuration is a complete cluster fuck.

Probably separate to the above but I also had no FFB

>:( >:( >:(
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »
Lots of good  :) :) :)

No open wheeler suspension animation (of the cars I drove) rigid suspension components bolted to the body with wheel/rim moving up/down on an invisible rubber band  :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'(

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »
Lots of good  :) :) :)

No open wheeler suspension animation (of the cars I drove) rigid suspension components bolted to the body with wheel/rim moving up/down on an invisible rubber band  :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :'( :'( :'(

Yeah noticed that too Roo but is still EA. Update landed today haven't tried yet but will give it a go tonight. As you said Lots of good.  ;) and they've
addressed a fair bit of stuff in the update today. Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal