Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 14316 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:27:13 PM »
Fire away...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
Re: S4R2: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »
Well I'm pretty happy with my results,  I thought from what I was seeing with the laps times people were getting that I was going to finishs dead last both races but, Me and GWyar were pretty even both races, and I finished mid pack both races.

I think there would be better racing if there were no 599, I doubt I would have been much slower if not faster if I had one of the GT2 cars because I find them easier to drive than the 599, I wouldn't mind not being even with the front runners if it meant I could race other people in the field, not just fly by them on the main straight and just drive the rest of the track and repeat.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:55:45 PM »
I'm bloody happy with my results, no mistake there.

The car was very nice after the changes, and there were good close battles all over  - add to that my very decent finishing positions, and you got a happy chap :D

Thanks, gents, for the great racing!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:56:58 PM »
Where are the results!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »
Struggle street tonight.  I found my car was pretty on edge and struggled to put in a great time.  Had a Connection Drop in qualifying and had to quickly restart and get back in, but had time for another lap of two but not overly quick.
R1:  Found the game pretty stuttery but managed to avoid everyone in the first few laps but as we all now Connection Drop ended that race.
R2:  I think my car was to low and was catching kerb's in race one so I quickly grabbed the default setup, added some wing hoping for stability and fueled it up.  In the rush I qualified right down the back for this one.  Found myself behind a Ferrari which I was nearly rear ending around the bends before it would blast off down the front straight.  My higher wing punished me and Marty was able to get past in the Lotus down the straight and I couldn't return the favour on the following laps.  It was however good in the bends but the straight line was well down and laps times very slow.
And then the connection dropped again.....  so there was no option but to call it a night.
Hopefully next week will be better...:)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:01:05 PM »
Where are the results!

Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Round Points
Ysu    71
Rob    68
M8R    67
Gratulin    67
Wally    51
Vipergod    51
Matthew111    46
GWyar    46
Dave O    46
Marty    45
Schmittez    43
Bacchulum    34
EdWood    32
Imperious    32
StanDaam    30
Grubbet    29
RPM    28
Phil    24
Krahl    21
Flattop    21
Aiman    20
Freezer    13
cramjet    6

Season Podium
1. Guybrush Threepwood,Ysu 71
2. Rob, 68
3. EdWood,M8R,Gratulin, 67
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:26:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:09:48 PM »
xcuse my ignorance, but how did Guybrush get 44 points for the imola 2nd round, when a long race win is worth 24 ?  ???

Offline EdWood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »
The 2nd race is double points?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 11:20:44 PM »
The 2nd race is double points?
Yep, let me re-jig it. Thanks.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
Well I'm pretty happy with my results,  I thought from what I was seeing with the laps times people were getting that I was going to finishs dead last both races but, Me and GWyar were pretty even both races, and I finished mid pack both races.

I think there would be better racing if there were no 599, I doubt I would have been much slower if not faster if I had one of the GT2 cars because I find them easier to drive than the 599, I wouldn't mind not being even with the front runners if it meant I could race other people in the field, not just fly by them on the main straight and just drive the rest of the track and repeat.

I agree that was the most frustrating 24 laps I had ever done, being behind 2 cars that I had a couple seconds a lap better pace clear running but losing 4 seconds down the straight then getting held up from turns 9 to the last one where the 599's would just pull the 4 second gap and repeat process for 24 laps. Im sure it would have been more enjoyable for all if the 599 guys were in gt2's that theyd likely get similar or even better lap times out of but not have such a huge boost down the straights making it more of a race then it was.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
Race 1, I was struggling as my downshift paddle started working only intermittently. More often than not, it wouldn't downshift, so I often bogged down, taking corners in 5th, so I lost a few spots because of that.

I copped a bit of a sidetap (I think from someone else's accident, can't remember now) on lap 1, that broke my side window, but that was all the damage I got. I ended up tootling around just under a second off of Vipergod to come 10th.

Race 2, I remapped my downshift to a button, which was a little odd but didn't take long to get used to. I spent most of the first stint in 6th chasing RPM's Beemer. I was close enough to be there, but not really pressure him. In the P4/5, I had a few options of when to pit, but I decided to pit with RPM so I could hopefully start pressuring him into a mistake, as that would be the only way I'd pass. I ended up passing him in pits somehow, after fuel and new mediums, but half way around the next lap, on cold tyres, I had a bit of a moment and tank-slapped off the track and dropped several places, with RPM passing again.

But then I ended up behind Dave O's Beemer, and chased him hard for the last 10 laps. Sometimes I'd get close enough to be on his bumper or almost stick the nose beside him, but I didn't have the pace and couldn't even attempt a pass. It was great intense racing though. I don't think Dave or myself breathed much in those last 10 laps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 07:31:25 AM »
And as a courtesy guys, try not to start post-race chatting on TS too early, because people are still racing in this field of 24.

I was still glued to Dave O's rear bumper when the race had finished ahead of me, and it makes it harder to concentrate with everyone talking at once all of a sudden.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »
Well thank goodness for the 599 for me, one who is sim driving challenged, it allowed my to have a few ‘hoot’s overtaking and also allowed for some closer racing for me.  I took the time to sit at the end of the straight at the start of qual and check out the cars… good looking field, Bacc, your’s looks like the Bat Mobile! Until Imp found me! hahaha

I hadn’t noticed and still not sure why, (should I interrogate my wife???? hmmmm…), but my ping grew to 300+ and looked like it was going to stay there, so exited and missed finishing :( Better that than causing probs.

Man that #13 looked good!

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 02:12:13 PM »
Terrible night for me... so much practice for such poor results... oh well, the bad nights make the good nights taste sweeter  :P

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »
So this is how i felt driving the lotus lol just couldnt get it to work for me.

Race1: was pure frustration lol spun lap 1 and then got caught up in the pack with the speed difference between the lotus and everyone else eventually putting me into the wall damaging the car badly but it didnt matter i dropped out.

Race2: Was happy with how i drove the car kept it clean was lucky not to be in range for anyone down the straights so i could do my thing in the turns and grab 5th so i was happy with that, enjoyed that race i had to really push the little lotus all race to hold ground.
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal