Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R3: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R3: Spa Race Chat  (Read 30785 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S4R3: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:41 AM »
I might try a few laps in the PRAC server this morning if anyone is around.  Probably from 9 onwards.

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
Wally is there any chance of making the prac server 24 laps so we can test a race distance with the fuel settings?

Actually, don't worry.  9 laps is half distance anyway so gives a good idea how long the tyres last given that most will stop around half way anyway.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:56:22 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
For what it's worth, I've switched my THRS8 shifter to sequential for the P4/5, because that's what the real car has. It makes it a little more immersive and fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:37 AM »
For what it's worth, I've switched my THRS8 shifter to sequential for the P4/5, because that's what the real car has. It makes it a little more immersive and fun.

Don't know why they removed this function from the G27 shifter, as the G25 was able to be made sequential.  I guess it would cost more with springs, etc. that would need to be put into the H shifter.  I would have got a G25 instead of a G27 is it weren't for the lack of buttons on the wheel.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »
Yeah, they made some things better and some things worse with the G27. You couldn't have the best of everything, which was an odd evolution, but as you say, it must be to control price.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
We were both going as hard as we could lapping in the mid to low 2:19's in the second half of the race once fuel burned a bit, Only ended 1 lap short as Rob ran out of fuel.

Thats the kind of racing that makes me keep coming back, it wouldnt matter if its for first or last place its just awesome fun to race hard against other fast clean drivers both pushing as hard as possible.

Couldn't agree more Marty. There was only 2 of us on the track but I can't remember having more fun. Exhilarating.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
I managed a 2:19.4 with softs and low fuel after loosing about half a second or so on the chicane at the end, so I will hopefully be able to put down a decent lap in quali and still have decent race pace.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2014, 05:39:15 AM »
Hey guys... been a few busy weeks at work. Im keen to race if there's a slot

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2014, 07:29:47 AM »
Hey guys... been a few busy weeks at work. Im keen to race if there's a slot

Hi Tom, you're on the entry list, so you've got a spot.

Let me know whenever you can't race, so I can give your spot to a reserve for that race.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2014, 06:01:25 PM »
I'll be right for tomorrow night Wally.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
What car will I race with?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2014, 12:03:58 PM »
What car will I race with?

First time racers get the McLaren.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2014, 06:23:48 PM »
Server is UP.

P.S. Download the pit lane penalty app if you haven't already ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »
Wally looks like I may miss the race tonight, I stupidly updated to win 8.1 and no matter what I try cant load the logitech drivers for my wheel. The wheel does its initial calibration when system is restarted, once the windows logo pops up it starts another and normally shuts down half way through.

Ive tried everything possible and every possible logitech driver but it doesn't look like I will get it going. The wheel comes up in control panel devices but I have no way of changing settings. Its using tiny amounts of lock combined pedals and no clutch, tried driving like that and its useless. So if I cant get the logitech drivers to actually do anything I wont be racing, the drivers aren't failing on install but it is done very quickly and doesn't actually install anything to any folder that I can tell.

I also cant get dashmeter to work as visual c++ 2010 fails to install and this wont work without it, maybe I should have installed all before doing the windows updates but I didnt expect them to break things. I think I will just go back to windows 7, 8.1 seems nice and much quicker but thats mostly because it doesn't actually do anything.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
That's a right pain in the backside! I'll leave you on the grid if by some chance you get it working. Good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal