Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R4: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R4: Monza Race Chat  (Read 36915 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S4R4: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:32 PM »
Also why I cant get into the 48's but got pretty close, I can run consistent laps but that's because one of 3 sections I will drop 3 tenths each lap. Very hard to commit properly and nail every corner for me there and get the most out of the lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 02:11:33 PM »
Also why I cant get into the 48's but got pretty close, I can run consistent laps but that's because one of 3 sections I will drop 3 tenths each lap. Very hard to commit properly and nail every corner for me there and get the most out of the lap.

48s! You clearly need a slower car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 03:11:36 PM »

Pretty sure even with a high 1:48 in qualy I will be 1 or more seconds off the pole so I dont think so. Thats still nearly 2 seconds off the WR in this car ;D

Had I matched my PB at Spa in qualy I would have been 1.2 seconds off the pole in race 1 and I actually like that track unlike Monza.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 03:17:15 PM »
Mid 1.49s in the P4/5.  I think in race conditions though the Merc had a lot of straight line which might see it grab positions.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Race pace will be +1 sec with lower fuel and passing most cars wont be easy in the Evora so qualy will be pretty important. I predict Phil will do rather well in the fastest car again, unfortunatly he had some issue at the mugello round when he was quick.

I have also put up another xgn practice server with regular fuel use and regular password. I did run it as open public for a few days but public server at Monza is insanity lol. I just hope the race starts arent as bad on race nite but the issue on the public server wasnt even t1, most of the idiots would crash within 50m of the start line.  ;D

At mugello round both starts I got hit by someone so my main goal is to just make it through lap 1 without damage then get on with the race. The league has been fine but the starts at the mugello round where pretty rough, I didnt see a replay from Spa but didnt read about too many incidents so maybe its settled down a little since the first round at the back.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »
The Spa T1s were all good. Monza is pretty crazy because the chicane is so narrow. I reckon we should be aiming to single file it if possible.

My PB in the Merc is 50 flat, on mediums.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »
Mid 1.49s in the P4/5.  I think in race conditions though the Merc had a lot of straight line which might see it grab positions.

The run to T1 is fairly long at Monza as well so I could see the Merc's getting in amongst it all.

For what it's worth my PB in the GTC is a 1.48.5.  Haven't really done much hot-lapping in the GX, more setup work but I'd imagine it would be around 0.5 to 1 second slower.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
S4R4: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2014, 04:35:43 PM »

The run to T1 is fairly long at Monza as well so I could see the Merc's getting in amongst it all.
Just remember the Mercs take a little while to pull up and may not actually fit through the first chicane...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 05:14:12 PM »
The Spa T1s were all good. Monza is pretty crazy because the chicane is so narrow. I reckon we should be aiming to single file it if possible.

My PB in the Merc is 50 flat, on mediums.

You can get through t1 quite easily side by side but you need to hold the inside or outside line and give the other guy space. You cant take the regular entry speed and line if your alongside someone but I have gone side by side with many good drivers there without issue. Its the guys that dont give room or the ones from a couple rows back trying to squeeze in between 2 cars already going side by side.

Main issue I see with people not particularly here but the average drivers in a public server, they dont seem to care if a car is ahead of them and try to brake same as a regular hotlap which is never going to work. Then also if side by side with someone they give no room, if your inside you need to brake more to not run wide and into the other guys lane outside and same with the outside guy he cant cut into the regular apex and needs to leave 1 car space inside. This isnt just on lap 1 but everywhere and side by side is always slower through a corner so battling someone you will either crash or both lose laptime its pretty simple I think.

There are going to be people lock up into t1 and also need to be aware of other cars that may need to brake much earlier into the corner then you do. If they brake at 170 and you stop at 150 then being up their bum you will need to brake earlier to avoid hitting them. If trying to pass someone on the inside you need to make sure you brake early enough to hit the first apex and not run wide on exit as thats the only place the other guy can be.

I ran a few more laps and tried to get under 1:49 but I cant, here is my setup in the GTC which I did 49.1 and can easily do low 49's in a hotlap but there are issues in some corners. Also the gearing and tyre pressures are only good for qualy most likely as first gear is a bit tall to be good for t1 but be pretty tough off the line. Setup is quite a compromise all round and pretty low aero as more drag just loses big chunks of time everywhere. I cant get both the Lesmo's and Ascari to play nice but this favours the Lesmo's but gets a bit too loose into the entry of Ascari. You can raise Brake bias into that corner but I really suck at making a setup thats good all the way around.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 05:57:01 PM »
I've also just posted my setup in my dropbear for the GTC.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 06:10:30 PM »

Pretty sure even with a high 1:48 in qualy I will be 1 or more seconds off the pole so I dont think so. Thats still nearly 2 seconds off the WR in this car ;D

Had I matched my PB at Spa in qualy I would have been 1.2 seconds off the pole in race 1 and I actually like that track unlike Monza.
I'll likely start from Ascari with my '51 then. :o :(

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »

I'll likely start from Ascari with my '51 then. :o :(
See you there :))

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 09:24:18 AM »
I'm counting on the "blue flag" app working on the map on the 28 lapper! :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 10:05:50 AM »

I'm counting on the "blue flag" app working on the map on the 28 lapper! :)
We can line up in formation to block all lappers - maybe charge for permission to pass?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal