Xtreme Gaming Network

Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona

Author Topic: Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona  (Read 28105 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 10 - "Rolex 24" enduro at Daytona
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
Blacklisted, can't connect

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 10:04:27 PM »
Nice time grat, got me beat how you can get 283 kph , i can only get 276 or something, If I try lower wing it spins in the fast corners
I took down one notch both front and rear wings (ironically, because I saw you were faster on the straights, hahaha) and I added some front camber because I was understeering mid-corner on the slow infield hairpins. That gave me some hard time on exits, but overall was driveable and I left it as such. BUT I think your times were on mediums... my best time on mediums was 1.47.7, I think. So pretty much the same as you

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
The race server is a different server, so you'll be alright there. I'll look into the practice server after I set it up for next week.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 08:02:51 AM »
The race server is a different server, so you'll be alright there. I'll look into the practice server after I set it up for next week.
No worries. One thing I've noticed is that late in the practice session as the sun goes down it becomes blinding in a couple of spots. With all graphics settings at maximum it is completely blinding and you can't see anything at all, which will most likely cause wrecks. I'm all for realism but I've never been completely blinded in a racing game before, usually you can still barely see a marker or two. Soo...I'm not sure if it's because it's a mod track or highest graphics settings, but anyone who doesn't want to get caught out can adjust their settings, not sure which one, either glare quality or crepuscular rays. Turn them off if you don't want to be in or cause a major wreck.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Nah, easy 3-wide! 8)
(but 3-wide is never easy)
Did you intend to sign up for this? If you miss a Tuesday event, the universe will implode.
Well, prepare for the end of the universe!
I'm gonna take a week off, Wally. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »
Nah, easy 3-wide! 8)
Did you intend to sign up for this? If you miss a Tuesday event, the universe will implode.

what do we do, Never been in this situation, I am scared

I am sorta having a week off, will turn up , but will probably only get half a race at most in before the beer and my bladder don't cooperate any more
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:28:04 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:55 AM »
No worries. One thing I've noticed is that late in the practice session as the sun goes down it becomes blinding in a couple of spots. With all graphics settings at maximum it is completely blinding and you can't see anything at all, which will most likely cause wrecks. I'm all for realism but I've never been completely blinded in a racing game before, usually you can still barely see a marker or two. Soo...I'm not sure if it's because it's a mod track or highest graphics settings, but anyone who doesn't want to get caught out can adjust their settings, not sure which one, either glare quality or crepuscular rays. Turn them off if you don't want to be in or cause a major wreck.
The game time will go from 8 am to 6 pm, so the sun will certainly change, yes, as in real life. The practicesession will probably get stuck on 6 pm for a while, but the race won't.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 12:04:10 PM »
The game time will go from 8 am to 6 pm, so the sun will certainly change, yes, as in real life. The practicesession will probably get stuck on 6 pm for a while, but the race won't.
All good. Only making the suggestion so people don't get to within 15min of the end of the race and then wreck. To finish a 2hr race will be very rewarding, but to wipe out after 1.5hrs will be disappointing.
 Changing those settings still gives you sun glare just not to the point where you can't see anything at all.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 12:37:29 PM »
Nah, easy 3-wide! 8)

Also going to take this one off. My pedals have been on my dining room table for 2 days and they're a right pain to bolt back down and can't be bothered to do it today. Also meant I'd done no practice for this.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »
I haven't had time to practice for this either, but I figure 2 hrs will be plenty of time to find a groove :)
If only I knew how the tyre compounds wore....

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 03:57:59 PM »
I will also be out for tonight. My other league has had to move its regular Wednesday race to tonight due to other commitments.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:20 PM »
I haven't had time to practice for this either, but I figure 2 hrs will be plenty of time to find a groove :)

I did a test run on almost full tanks and soft tyres. After 20 laps they're still fine

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 06:20:40 PM »

I did a test run on almost full tanks and soft tyres. After 20 laps they're still fine
Thanks... unless you're bluffing ;)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 06:30:25 PM »

Did a 20lap race with ai on soft tyres & 50l fuel, front right and rears went into yellow towards the end. I did have a spin though, ai is so bargey through the chickens

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 06:31:33 PM »
Race should be 66 laps or so.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal