Xtreme Gaming Network

Japanese Pack

Author Topic: Japanese Pack  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Japanese Pack
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:08:29 AM »
I've had a very quick go at most of the cars. I took them around Silverstone for a few laps.

I class them thusly, by comparable lap times:

Class C (about 2:38)
Mazda MX5 Cup
Toyota AE86 Tuned

Class B (about 2:35)
Nissan Skyline R34
Mazda RX7 Spirit R - great drifter!
Toyota Supra MK IV

Class A
Mazda RX7 Tuned (2:28)
Supra MK IV Time Attack (2:22)

The Class A cars are quite beastly and fun.

The Class C cars are sort of Toyota GT86-ish, underpowered and predictable.

The Class B cars make a good group of comparable cars which could be the 4th candidate for Season 12. Or for something a little faster and wilder, we could go the Supra MK IV Time Attack, which is still pretty easy to drive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:33:33 PM »
AE86 and the time attack Supra impressed me the most.  The R34 is a bit unusual in its handling, doesn't like to turn to much.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Pack
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:00:30 AM »
AE86 and the time attack Supra impressed me the most.  The R34 is a bit unusual in its handling, doesn't like to turn to much.

This is a quote from KS Aristotelis:

"Lot's of "magic" happens on that car. When you go a little bit on power, it understeers, and when it does the ECU (ok the various active controllers we use on the simulation to do as in the real life), gives a signal to the rear wheel to turn in the opposite direction to eliminate the understeer... at least on the slow to medium turns. all complicated... strange feedback and you can imagine why all of this happening in real life could make people love it or hate it.”

Sounds like a complicated car that needs some getting used to.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal