Xtreme Gaming Network

POLL: What to drive in Season 12

Poll

Which options do you prefer for season 12?

Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
8 (28.6%)
Multiclass: Merc C9/Mazda 787B and Merc 190E/BMW M3 Gr.A
6 (21.4%)
Ford GT40
4 (14.3%)
Japanese Pack: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 Cup
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: POLL: What to drive in Season 12  (Read 15459 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: What to drive in Season 12
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 03:53:20 PM »
Hopefully it will turn up on YouTube.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
Most of those support classes turn up on yt so will be nice to see as I dont have fox any more and so rarely watch v8's now, they dont excite me enough to even try to find an online stream. :)

Here are some stats for the jap cars on one of my servers that has had a few on. Conditions are fixed so should be pretty much the same for each person every session there so far.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »
Talking about the GT86: are you watching the GT86 races supporting the V8supercars today (fox sport 5)? Although the cars are a bit different, they look exactly like our races (crashes included) and they interview some of the invited drivers during the race, which is quite fun.
I watched and thought the same thing!!! :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2016, 05:49:54 PM »
Most of those support classes turn up on yt so will be nice to see as I dont have fox any more and so rarely watch v8's now, they dont excite me enough to even try to find an online stream. :)

Here are some stats for the jap cars on one of my servers that has had a few on. Conditions are fixed so should be pretty much the same for each person every session there so far.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver2
Good figures, Marty. I think there will be some good scope for people to find a car they like.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
Bacchulum and I were trying the Group C cars at Spa on marty's server early on. Very few laps, but we got the suspect they might not be very well matched (at least with current tyre models). Of course, the C9 is with the low downforce LM specification, so it might be up to set up...

laptimes here, but the mazda time is on mediums: http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver6

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »
The C9 produces good downforce at pace, it has rather large tunnels. ;)
It's just a real pig at slow speed when the tunnels don't work.
The wings can't compensate because, as grat points out, it's the LeMons spec, so they're basically trim devices. :(
Good power though, even at 70% boost. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 10:39:06 AM »
Really dont know what id like to drive lol, probably open wheelers seeing as we just did the road cars but that jap pack is really cool lol going by those laps maybe the other cars will require some ballast to bring them back to the supra to create some parity. Also for the reverse grid idea maybe every race the starting order should be based off championship order to avoid the quicker guys having a free pass after having a bad race 1 or 2.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 11:25:12 AM »
Really dont know what id like to drive lol, probably open wheelers seeing as we just did the road cars but that jap pack is really cool lol going by those laps maybe the other cars will require some ballast to bring them back to the supra to create some parity. Also for the reverse grid idea maybe every race the starting order should be based off championship order to avoid the quicker guys having a free pass after having a bad race 1 or 2.
We could try that, starting each race in reverse championship order. That gets rid of the question of what to do with time penalties (include them in the order or not). Then of course automatically the better you do, the further back you start. I reckon it would work.

But then again - it would put you next to the same people every race in a round. Basing start order on the previous races mixes the field up more.

And don't discount the Supra too quickly. The cars may have strength and weaknesses at different tracks. I can be as quick in the Supra as in the RX7 at some tracks - and spin less often - but maybe that just means I'm slow in the Mazda! It's a choice to be made - nobody is forced to choose the Supra.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:46:33 AM by Wally »

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »
Just doing some quick laps around Modena to see where the cars are at and straight away I could feel the rx7 was significantly faster lol its like an 86 on steroids! 370z was a surprise I felt it handled like a conservative rx7. I figured it would be cool to add a few more cars to the list for variety they seemed to match up quiet well kinda like a "production car" series grid, the mustang was more understeery though you needed to flick it around with the rear the supra and gtr required a similar style. Top speed wise they are all within 10ks the mustang was quickest down the straight but by only 3ks over the rx7 which seems to have the best of everything lol

rx7 - 1.1.9
370z - 1,2,5
1m 1,2,9
gtr 1,2.9
supra - 1.2,9
mustang - 1.3.0

All cars were driven stock setups and the 1m is still a h-pat car
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:26:59 PM by Matthew111 »
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »
Just doing some quick laps around Modena to see where the cars are at and straight away I could feel the rx7 was significantly faster lol its like an 86 on steroids! 370z was a surprise I felt it handled like a conservative rx7. I figured it would be cool to add a few more cars to the list for variety they seemed to match up quiet well kinda like a "production car" series grid, the mustang was more understeery though you needed to flick it around with the rear the supra and gtr required a similar style. Top speed wise they are all within 10ks the mustang was quickest down the straight but by only 3ks over the rx7 which seems to have the best of everything lol

rx7 - 1.1.9
370z - 1,2,5
1m 1,2,9
gtr 1,2.9
supra - 1.2,9
mustang - 1.3.0

All cars were driven stock setups and the 1m is still a h-pat car

While there might be some cars with similar times, I want to keep the selection to the Japanese theme.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 07:34:39 PM »
AC update 1.6.2 has made some performance tweaks to the Supra (corrected front splitter active aero).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 02:45:43 PM »
I've added the Mazda MX5 Cup to the Japanese option.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
Japanese Pack track list (to help you choose a car):

Paul Ricard WTCC [http://explore-game.com/product/paul-ricard-v0-9-7/]
Tsukuba [http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/] (I also have a 30 pit version)
Brands Hatch Indy
Imola
Baskerville [http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/baskerville-raceway.3436/]
Silverstone International
Magione
Eastern Creek Druitt [http://www.mediafire.com/download/6m9mqemw45q85ie/Eastern_Creek_Raceway_2014_v3.43_a_R1CHO_by_Rainmaker.7z]

Bear in mind that the season poll has not been decided yet!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2016, 10:54:43 PM »
Please cast your final votes by Thursday night, say about 7:00pm, before the Thursday racing starts. If the open wheelers are within 2 votes of the Japanese cars, we'll race them for something quite different to the previous season in the Toyota GT86, and then do the Japanese cars the season after.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:16 PM »
OK, in the interests of mixing it up, and because the poll is close, I'm calling season 12 the Ferrari/Lotus open wheeler season.
Season 13 can be the Japanese cars.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal