Xtreme Gaming Network

Did Netflix kill aussie peak internet performance?

Author Topic: Did Netflix kill aussie peak internet performance?  (Read 41125 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Did Netflix kill aussie peak internet performance?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
Here's a news story and a bit of a empty apology and blame game.
http://m.watoday.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/netflix-regrets-unmetered-data-deals-with-optus-iinet-20150416-1mm5ey.html

Hmmm, thought this might have been the case as mentioned above, but they left out Internode.  Internode is basically iiNet now isn't it?
Yes, they have been bought out a while ago.  However, now I'm not sure if their networks are also connected up completely or not...they've not merged, and Internode's webpage, support, etc, is still the same as it was.
Altho I seem to remember when I've asked 'node support for the potential IP allocations they said something about it being a very complex set of addresses due to the iiNet ranges added...I'm really not sure how they put it all together.

Offline UBGrumpy

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2015, 03:50:06 PM »
Hadn't noticed this thread before today.
I was with Adam Internet for 16 years, they were originally a South Australian ISP which later branched out to parts of NSW and QLD (I think) but mostly just South Australian. I was with them for so long because they were good and reliable. Then iinet bought Adam! They buggered the plans and raised the prices. So I switched to Telstra in December 2014.
For the first few months with Telstra I had no issues but once Netflix got going we now notice around 6-7pm our connection is crap, comes good for about an hour then at around 8-8:30pm it goes crap again. It doesn't happen all the time but we do notice its always around the same time of day.
It was really bad just after Netflix started, but over time it does seem to be getting better and doesn't happen as often but it does still occasionally happen. I cant say for sure its Netflix but just seem too much of a coincidence.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »
I just did a speed test of my hotel connection in Osaka Japan, I would prefer this over my home connection which is fairly lame in comparison.  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
I just did a speed test of my hotel connection in Osaka Japan, I would prefer this over my home connection which is fairly lame in comparison.  :'(

You should have taken your wheels and pedals and hooked them to your phone for the next race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal