Xtreme Gaming Network

Multiclass Racing - post race chat

Author Topic: Multiclass Racing - post race chat  (Read 8735 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Multiclass Racing - post race chat
« on: December 06, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »
RACE RESULTS AND CHARTS

Race 1
Class 1 podium: Seanus, Bacchulum, Mael
Class 2 podium: Phil, Wally, Marty

Race 2
Class 1 podium: Marty, TreStylez, Kcender87
Class 2 podium: Seanus, Bacchulum, Keith

Combined points (20 pts down for your combined classes):

Seanus   40
Bacchulum   38
Marty   38
Kcender87   35
trestylez   35
Mael   34
XGN Wally Masterson   33
RussG   33
mofodoobs   32
Phil.8   31
Glenn Frost   29
robin   29
Ley Ying Lo   29
.SNRL.keithsgillan   28
Shameless_1   28
BaFs17   25
M8R   25
Dave O   25
AJ   24
Joe Stevens   17
gratulin   11

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:41:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Multiclass Racing - post race chat
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:15:44 PM »
De ja vu
Seanus beat me in both classes. >:(

Well done. ;)

And you were right Mael, you weren't going to get me 3 times up the inside. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »
De ja vu
Seanus beat me in both classes. >:(

Well done. ;)

that sounds rather kinky  :-*
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 10:45:36 PM »
Results up in 1st post.

Race 1 was fun for me in the BMW, chasing Joe for the most part until he tankslapped all by himself. Phil was fighting too, after his off. It was good fun watching the faster cars weave through us while the three of us were battling ourselves.

Race 2 I was in the 911 GT1, and had a decent 360 degree spin, as well as nearly holding a massive tank slapper at speed but losing it into the wall, which gave me red front and rear aero damage. Still had some fun racing around with Shameless until he too had a spin. Well done to Marty for lapping some of the fast class cars!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »
Was a bit of fun this multiclass stuff, maybe a few more cars in would have made it even busier. Qualy in the shortail was great fun trying to get in quick laps passing many cars and losing the least amount of time while also not trying to effect the slower cars too much.

Race 1 was shaping up like a nice battle with Russ but then he went wide and into a wall giving me some clear running. Phil had some pace and was catching up but then he ended up buried in a ditch so I had a bit of a gap. I then decided to stop thinking a 10 second gap at half distance with possibly a 20 second tyre stop I could possibly make up that time back to the front of the pack. I then realized mid race that being lapped twice I had 2 laps less and even at full distance I wouldnt have made the time back up. Mostly because I passed my pit box with all 4 wheels off the ground so if there was a lollypop guy I needed a new one for race 2. :)

The Race in the short tail I decided to pit early to avoid having to go through the dtm cars an extra time but that was probably the most fun part so silly me for avoiding that. Overall it seemed all handled the mixed grid pretty well and Id be keen for at least one more mixed grid fun run before the next season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 10:59:25 PM »
Welcome too and well done to Trestles and Kcender87. You two have some good pace.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:08:44 PM »
I thought that was fantastic. Really added an exciting extra element.

F138 and Praga R1 Multiclass season anybody?  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 11:14:21 PM »
I thought that was fantastic. Really added an exciting extra element.

F138 and Praga R1 Multiclass season anybody?  ;D

I have added the 919 and GT2/E cars to a practice server for possible next week option at Paul ricard 24h track. I could change this to F138 and Praga R1 instead to have some multiclass fun while people could also compare the 2 options for next season. ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »
Race 1 in the merc was doing okay trying to keep it clean and keep wally at bay who wasnt far behind. As wally said on the second to last lap i had a tankslapper going through that fast left at the end of the lap. In practice i did it quite a few times and always caught it but not this time. After that I had some damage and Russ was gonna get me until Mael took him out  ;D

Didnt get to experience the faster cars as the baby woke up as usual....

Good fun though. Had to keep an eye on the track map to see those fast cars coming up.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:23:47 PM »
Multiclass racing is certainly a great format.  You definately need to pick the right track (Sebring, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, Spa) and I would also like to see the cars slightly closer in speed to make it a bit tougher to pass. Perhaps some of the newer GT3 cars.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 11:36:08 PM »

Yeah it looked like it was going to end in tears so bailed from the third attempt. Too scared that Wally ban me from the server  ;D

In general race 2 was a disaster. The first half I had to work very hard to just stay in the same straight as Dave. Dave then tested the 4wd Alfa's off-road ability allowing me past for a lonely race to the finish. Maybe my setup choices was not wise but it was fun.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 07:15:53 AM »
Multiclass racing is certainly a great format.  You definately need to pick the right track (Sebring, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, Spa) and I would also like to see the cars slightly closer in speed to make it a bit tougher to pass. Perhaps some of the newer GT3 cars.
The only problem with cars that are too close in speed is that you  get less passing opportunities and the two classes won't see each other once they separate.  The greater the speed difference, the more passing you get. I thought this race was perfect - you got passed 2 or 3 times.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
I did ok setup wise and my speed on this track in both cars was not that far off pace.. battled with a shaky steering thats to a joystick that did not want to calibrate tonight. yet it was fine 1hr before the race when i tested it.. go figure.  Was scary passing a car and having your own car suddenly veer on its own towards the car you were passing.

I enjoyed the multiclass and I'd like to see it in a season, but if so, a mixture of tracks. There needs to be tracks that suit both cars and also make it harder for the faster class. As much as tracks like LeMans and Spa etc are great, there needs to be some tight tracks and inbetweens.. like Zandvoort, Oschersleben, Interlagos. I'd like to see  Nords enduro in there too.  I like the idea of the 919 and the gt2 cars for a season over the 962c/gt1 98 and dtm..
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 02:55:44 PM »
There will be more cars to compete with the 919 at some point next year, there are Audi and Toyota LMP1 cars licensed and should be released I would say in the first half of next year. We are also getting some more GT2 GTE cars including one in the next Porsche pack a 911 GT2 I think so we can have a pretty good WEC season some time next year I think.

It will be fun to test the basic grid version of this next week and track wise I think maybe follow WEC along with a Nords enduro to end the season. Throwing in a couple of shorter tracks not really used for this type of racing as it makes the track busier even if we only get 24 or so per race. It would be great if we could get grids of 30+ to actually turn up to races but for that we would need probably 40 sign up as it seems nearly 1/4 of the field cant make all rounds for whatever reasons.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 07:27:59 PM »
I can't make all rounds due to Force Majeure :-X

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal