Xtreme Gaming Network

Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race

Author Topic: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race  (Read 24995 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Dec 27: Praga R1 at VIR North Course - practice race
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »
I have made very few setup changes other than tyre pressures. I think since AC 1.11 and the new tyre model on the Praga, the back has become a little looser, and requires a little more throttle control. Other than that,  I find it very controllable.

A lot of cars in AC can feel understeery, but I think it's usually because you're simply entering the corner too fast. You have to learn to enter corners a little slower than you might do in other sims.

Yeah,  that "shortcut" section on the north course is very narrow, and I wouldn't use that layout for a season race. The rest of the track is OK though.

I don't like those very easy windscreen cracks in AC either. I'm not sure what percentage damage is on the practice server, but I run 60% damage on Tuesdays mostly for that reason.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2016, 07:52:41 AM »
I have made very few setup changes other than tyre pressures. I think since AC 1.11 and the new tyre model on the Praga, the back has become a little looser, and requires a little more throttle control. Other than that,  I find it very controllable.

A lot of cars in AC can feel understeery, but I think it's usually because you're simply entering the corner too fast. You have to learn to enter corners a little slower than you might do in other sims.

Yeah,  that "shortcut" section on the north course is very narrow, and I wouldn't use that layout for a season race. The rest of the track is OK though.

I don't like those very easy windscreen cracks in AC either. I'm not sure what percentage damage is on the practice server, but I run 60% damage on Tuesdays mostly for that reason.
Well, if the F138 gets the nod you can turn the damage back up to 100%...no windscreens on them bad boys 😉.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2016, 08:07:47 AM »
I cant remember damage level on prac server its likely 50% or 100%. If the windscreen is damaged I think thats the least of your issues and mostly I run 100% damage on my servers only the xgn servers are run lower for whatever reasons others have chosen. I cant remember the last time I had a broken windscreen but have still seen others do it.

In that very late session a few of us had last night I had a bit of contact but the windscreen also never got damaged. One big swipe from someone I was alongside did damage suspension a little but same contact in a real car would have been end of race.

I dont think there is much reason to not run 100% damage on league nights. It may actually make people less likely to riak their own race with contact and so also damage others less. Accidents will always happen and I think the latest patch has revised damage a little so for pre season at least testing back at 100% may be a good thing.

Those suffering big damage just need to take more care next time and maybe leave some racing room for others.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
Regarding the car and track combo, car is fine I dont think it needs massive setup. Just add some rear wing to not lose the rear on the fast blind esses which is what this track is mostly made of. Its also what makes it hard to pass with no straight long enough for a fairly easy draft pass it needs to be done in other ways.

If you run ptracker which is a very handy app in the app list. This will give you extra timing in server also with possibilily to easily share setups ingame. I normally put a setup in there if I make it driveable enough and fairly quick.

Once you learn the track its quite a fun combo and is fairly challenging on the limit. I generally think shorter layouts just limit passing but I dont mind racing in such tracks, I do like a challenge and enough people will make enough mistakes to do this.

I dont know if the combo will show the car in its best light though as some may find it too challenging but then put the f138 here and many would prefer the praga I think.  ;)

MG

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
Guys,
       I really need some help in setting up the in-game stuff. Iam going to try to jump on TS and the server tonight around 8pm Sydney time so I can get up to speed quicker by knowing what buttons on the keyboard do what, the best spotter to use etc. It's much easier to talk on TS than it is to go back and forth with questions and answers here and I have a truck full of questions regarding AC in-game. So if somebody has the time and patience to help me I would be very grateful.

I know it's Christmas Eve and family time obviously takes precedence but if you get some free time and can help me out please either PM me with what time is best for you or I will just jump on and hopefully there's a helping hand waiting 🙂.   Bacc do you copy...over 😀!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2016, 11:32:12 AM »
Roger Roger.
I should be able to make it then. ;)

2+2=√16

MG

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2016, 11:34:53 AM »
On ya teamie, talk to you around 8pm brother 😀.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2016, 12:36:32 PM »
Guys,
       I really need some help in setting up the in-game stuff. Iam going to try to jump on TS and the server tonight around 8pm Sydney time so I can get up to speed quicker by knowing what buttons on the keyboard do what, the best spotter to use etc. It's much easier to talk on TS than it is to go back and forth with questions and answers here and I have a truck full of questions regarding AC in-game. So if somebody has the time and patience to help me I would be very grateful.

I know it's Christmas Eve and family time obviously takes precedence but if you get some free time and can help me out please either PM me with what time is best for you or I will just jump on and hopefully there's a helping hand waiting 🙂.   Bacc do you copy...over 😀!

I wont be on at that time but will jump into the server now for a few laps if your around.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2016, 12:14:06 AM »
After some practice at VIR I reaffirm my dislike for the track but the Praga maintains my vote for the next season. Racing would be very close and competitive, just as required :) 

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2016, 09:04:42 AM »
After some practice at VIR I reaffirm my dislike for the track but the Praga maintains my vote for the next season. Racing would be very close and competitive, just as required :)

All VIR variants r very tough but very good tracks in my opinion

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2016, 09:34:46 AM »

All VIR variants r very tough but very good tracks in my opinion

After a few laps at the track I do really like the tricky technical layout. It wont be an easy place to pass at but thats just one of the challenges of racing at various tracks. If we want easy passing we can do an oval series.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »
Server is up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:53 PM »
Here are the RACE RESULTS.

The three race podiums were:

Race 1
1. Kcender
2. Phil
3. Marty

Race 2
1. Marty
2. Kcender
3 Joe

Race 3
1. Kcender
2. Phil
3. Marty

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »
I found the car challenging to drive. I made lots of mistakes - lock ups, little spins, offs onto the grass. I didn't race very consistently, and when I did, I was quite a bit off the pace. I haven't really fiddled much with the setup, so maybe I can find a little more stability there. I was in little packs of close racing, and had some good battles with a few guys, especially close to AJ in the last race, giving away a final spot with a silly mistake on the last lap.

Because of my mistakes and lack of pace, I can't say I was really in love with the car.

Handicapping
One thing to remember with the racing format that we'd use with this car - as in real life, it has a handicapping system, whereby the season leaders get a set additional time delay in a pit stop (I have a way of doing this with the PitConfig app). That would help to mix up the race results a bit.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »
Was a bit of fun battling with Kcender and Phil in the 3 races, race 1 I seemed to struggle with braking into a couple corners then had a brain berp and lost a couple spots. Race 2 was a good battle with Kcender and I just managed to stay ahead, Race 3 was going ok holding off Kcender early as he had the pace on me out of the last turn and with the draft into t1 but I seemed to be better under brakes into t1 and hung on to the place after being side by side into t1 many laps.

The pit stops Kcender went early on lap 8 I think and so I pitted the next lap to try some sort of battle against the undercut, surprisingly he lost a couple seconds and then Phil who pitted a lap later ended up gaining on Kcender too. I tried to save the tyres a bit and just hold position as the guys behind had good pace and getting a gap was not going to be easy. I figured them making the ground will only hurt their tyres in the end but then I got a little assist into a spin from Phil and got a bit of damage along with dropping a spot.

From there the car wasnt great but didnt lose too much pace, it had lots more understeer and the last lap it pushed a lot into the last turn where I ended up losing the spot to Phil at the line.

I think these cars are fairly interesting to race the track itself didnt lead to much passing and without a fairly major error it was unlikely you would lose a position. The draft was fairly significant and on any track with a longer straight it would be almost impossible to defend against a draft.

Here is the replay of the last race as requested by Shameless.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzudae5c6cfodl5/ks_praga_r1%40vir-north_course_20161227221211.rar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal