Xtreme Gaming Network

S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat  (Read 24427 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S20R4: Road Atlanta Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 08:04:13 AM »
It seems I'm in the wrong here :)
It's good to hear "community views".
After trial by a jury of peers, it seems I have to award Godzilla a penalty of 50kg after all, for failing to stay on his side of the track in the opening corners.

But the impact with Russ I still see as not Godzilla's fault. Watch the replay again - Godzilla is just driving in a straight line near the edge of the track, not deviating left, when Russ rejoins from off-track and clips him in the rear side. It is always the responsibility of the off-track car to rejoin safely.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:43 AM »
I have only used VR very briefly in the local pc shop which has it set up with pcars .   I could do nothing but look straight ahead as I would drive off the track if I tried to look around , Just couldn't tell where I was going and looking left or right and found my self steering off the track thinking I was going straight, so for me VR reduced awareness by a huge margin,  probably get used to it though.

This is in no way having a go at anyone, just how I found VR after only 15 mins of use
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 10:26:43 AM »
So race stuards cave to public opinion, nice.

At the time of the hit I was absolutely fuming, end of the day it was a hit from rear left and caused me to lose all control of the car. There was no visibility of the car to the left at the time but I though Joe may be there somewhere and left a car width to my left, which is frankly all the the car behind is ever entitled to. Was a fairly messy start and my concentration was was much more on what’s in front. Looking at the replay it’s hard, I turned in slightly for the corner essentially following whoever the yellow car was but Joe went for a straighter line and clipped my rear left, angry but happy enough as a racing incident.

But then RussGmanUnit has to come on here and start his witch hunt and finger pointing as he clearly has issues with me in general. The same RussG who hit me on lap one by his unsafe rejoining of the track (which is a penalty on any lap in any Motorsport category btw). And to add insult to injury after trying to fight my way back up the grid from near enough last I score restrictor penalties, get bounced around like a ping pong and by race 3 end up with a car that can do a mid/low 1:33 at absolute best, so arround 3 seconds slower then normal, seems fair.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »
There was no visibility of the car to the left at the time but I though Joe may be there somewhere and left a car width to my left, which is frankly all the the car behind is ever entitled to.

Looking at the replay it’s hard, I turned in slightly for the corner essentially following whoever the yellow car was but Joe went for a straighter line and clipped my rear left, angry but happy enough as a racing incident.

I'm always happy to accept fault when it's my own, but you failing to accept fault here is beyond me. Here is the point you made impact with me: EDIT: Watching it that was where you turned into but the contact happened just after where I was closer to the curb.

A split second before that I was even further along side but I eased off the throttle to keep to my side of the track. You didn't give a car's width; you went straight for the apex. A clear mistake you don't seem to want to accept.

Insulting people of your first season too. Off to a good start.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:09:53 PM by Joe »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
But the impact with Russ I still see as not Godzilla's fault. Watch the replay again - Godzilla is just driving in a straight line near the edge of the track, not deviating left, when Russ rejoins from off-track and clips him in the rear side. It is always the responsibility of the off-track car to rejoin safely.
RussG who hit me on lap one by his unsafe rejoining of the track

My last post on this subject.
I'm not looking for penalties here but recognition of what really happened.
As I previously stated, I had to go off track to avoid Godzilla as he was recovering from the other incident and moving left. You can even see this in Wally's replay. Then I drove in a straight line while Godzilla drove from the middle of the track to the kerb.
As for unsafely rejoining the track, I was in fact still off track (i.e. no part of any of my 4 tyres were inside the yellow line) when the contact happened.
I did everything I could do to avoid contact except drive off into the weeds. I believe there is also some onus on a driver recovering from an incident.
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »
Everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and get their emotions in check. I am looking at the situation. I don't care who's driving what car. I am making a judgement call as to who might have made an avoidable mistake that impacts someone else badly. Nobody likes to be sent to the back of the field on the opening lap, due to no fault of their own, after all that practice and qualifying; that's what we're all trying to avoid.

As to "caving", I am representing "community standards" and adjusting my decision accordingly.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 12:23:37 PM »
Everyone needs to calm down, take a deep breath and get their emotions in check. I am looking at the situation. I don't care who's driving what car. I am making a judgement call as to who might have made an avoidable mistake that impacts someone else badly. Nobody likes to be sent to the back of the field on the opening lap, due to no fault of their own, after all that practice and qualifying; that's what we're all trying to avoid.

As to "caving", I am representing "community standards" and adjusting my decision accordingly.
In the absence of a [LIKE] button. I post this to second Wally's post.

Come on, guys. I get you: I am one that gets pissed relatively easily, as you know. But usually I wake up in quite a different mood the morning after ;) Nobody is trying to screw up the night for anybody here. We all know the rules, but sometimes perceptions and emotions do not help. We can only learn from these episodes and try to have the best racing we can next time.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 12:30:16 PM »
I'm good with whatever decision. Like I said I accepted the decision from the start even though in my mind it wasn't my fault at all as shit happens. It's only when I'm being told it was actually my fault I feel the need to defend myself as to me this is the most clear cut incident I've been involved in.

I don't come here to win, I come here just to have fun. I've never said a bad word on voice chat and I don't complain really in the forum, and this type of drama kind of takes the fun out of it.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
I'm good with whatever decision. Like I said I accepted the decision from the start even though in my mind it wasn't my fault at all as shit happens. It's only when I'm being told it was actually my fault I feel the need to defend myself as to me this is the most clear cut incident I've been involved in.

I don't come here to win, I come here just to have fun. I've never said a bad word on voice chat and I don't complain really in the forum, and this type of drama kind of takes the fun out of it.

Thing is I didn’t complain about the decision either. After watching the replay I though racing incident was fair, we will of course both have different opinions on it but that’s racing. Then RussG had to get the pitchforks our even though he wasn’t involved and ironically the only one who is 100% at fault in the following incident for joining the track unsafely and hitting me, maybe he wanted to increase my damage restrictor....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 03:22:35 PM »
I want to remind everyone of this rule:

Turn 1 Racing Etiquette
To avoid turn 1 incidents, in turns 1 and 2 of the opening lap, stay on your side of the track, i.e. leave racing room for the cars around you. Don't close up the gap by cutting acorss to the apex on the other side of the track. All cars will come through safely this way without big pileups.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »

Thing is I didn’t complain about the decision either. After watching the replay I though racing incident was fair, we will of course both have different opinions on it but that’s racing. Then RussG had to get the pitchforks our even though he wasn’t involved and ironically the only one who is 100% at fault in the following incident for joining the track unsafely and hitting me, maybe he wanted to increase my damage restrictor....

The fact you weren't aware of Joe being right next to you and a fraction of a second before the collision even ahead of you is a matter of concern. Again, everything Joe has said is 100% right imo. Can't follow your interpretation of the incident at all...doesn't make sense to me. This case couldn't be more obvious and to blame him for this...well, what can you say...
Russ went off track in order to avoid a collision with you. The way I see it, it would have been considerate and fair of you to leave him a little bit of space so he can get back on track asap...it was your fault which made you an obstacle there on the race line in the end. However, you blocked him most likely being completely unaware of that. If you haven't been able to detect Joe's presence right next to you for such a long time it's no wonder you were unaware of what affect your actions before had to Russ, but you've watched the video in the meantime...
Russ was very fast and it looks like he must have seen you very late...so he pulled left...why not let him get back on track?

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 04:19:02 PM »
My reasoning is I was in front, I left a car width of track space available and I got hit from behind putting me in a wall.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
My reasoning is I was in front, I left a car width of track space available and I got hit from behind putting me in a wall.

I want to drop this but none of this is true. Sure call it a side by side racing incident as wally called it at the start but pointing blame at me is pretty unbelievable.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 05:04:58 PM »

I want to drop this but none of this is true. Sure call it a side by side racing incident as wally called it at the start but pointing blame at me is pretty unbelievable.

I didn’t want to start it yet here we are. I’m not apointing blame, i don’t believe either is 100% responsible for it. I’m just giving my view of the incident. Seems I’m getting crucified for it though and copping a penalty

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:27:09 PM by RussG »
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal