Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 5: Imola Results

Author Topic: Season 3 round 5: Imola Results  (Read 18472 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:52:04 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings
Season Stats

T1/2 Penalties
Race 1, Schmittez(-4 pts) for running into the side of Guybrush (+4 pts) - a little but unsighted, but still should have redressed as Guybrush was well in front.
Race 3, Schmittez(-4 pts) for running into the back of Bacchulum(+4 pts) and hitting Vipergod(+4).

Congratulations to Bacchulum, Marty and EdWood on the race wins and Marty for the round win.

Round Points
Marty   68
Phil   67
Guybrush Threepwood   60
Gratulin   60
Bacchulum   56
Wally   52
EdWood   50
Freezer   50
Ysu   45
Flattop   42
cramjet   38
Rob   37
Dave O   36
GWyar   35
Schmittez   33
RPM   33
Vipergod   26
Dick Forrest   25
StanDaam   25
Imperious   21
Krahl   19
Tom   9
Crimespree   5

Season Podium
1. Marty, 268
2. Guybrush, 227
2. EdWood, 223
3. Peter Reid, 170
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 5: Imola Results
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »
I did well this round didnt I. Is the viper got hit part of the same first turn incident or some where else because I dont remember hitting him anywhere else I might but I cant think of doing it anywhere else?

Race 1 I was really unsure and it was all just so heck tick. next time I will try and make a better call.

Race 2 I didn't mess up T1 and had a good race.

The 3rd race incident I was just in the middle of the pack and the person in front of me braked and I slammed on the brakes but the BMW has terrible brakes compared to the Lotus 240R, not that I'm am trying to blame them I should of been a bit more weary of the fact that there was like 3 rows or 3 cars trying to go through the turn. then after the hit and it started to go south I just sat still until every one had passed I don't know if that is the correct thing to do buts its done now and I definitely redress every one involved.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 12:50:34 AM »
Is the viper got hit part of the same first turn incident or some where else because I dont remember hitting him anywhere else I might but I cant think of doing it anywhere else?

Yep, it was the same incident that took out 2 cars.

My races were great. I managed to beat my PB in the Elise SC2 in each race.

Race 1 I was just circulating around for the most part in 4th, but EdWood chased me down and beat me on the last lap.

Race 2 I was chasing Schmittez around the whole race in some good close racing, but I didn't have the legs for his M3 on the straights. I nearly caught up in the corners, but he'd be off again. It was a fun chase to finish 8th.

Race 3 was brilliant in the first half. I was swamped in a sea of blue 240R's in some great pack racing with Rob, Tom, Krahl, StanDaam, Cramjet. It was really excellent clean racing. Tom was struggling a bit with the final two turns every lap, and eventually he ran wide there and took maybe Cramjet(?) and maybe Rob(?) with him. A little later Krahl went off at T1, leaving me to chase Ysu home for 10th. That was one of the best races of the season for me. On average, I was 0.6 seconds behind the car in front each lap. Shows how close the racing was.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:14:54 AM »
I've got a lot to learn in these road cars! I feel at home in a GT car or open wheeler, but had nothing in these. Are you guys using a H-shifter + manual clutch, blipping etc? I'm pretty hopeless at that sorta stuff so I chucked on auto clutch/blip and just used the paddles :p

Was good fun being a part of that pack in the final race
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 07:19:03 AM by Tom »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:42:35 AM »
I use h shifter and clutch, but rev matching on down shifts. I find it just adds to the immersion. Paddles are too "clinical" for my liking. I like wrenching the gear stick around.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
Great fun last night. I think the cars are a bit more manageable after 1.0
 Shame Sally didn't have the damage turned on. Would like to see how it fairs in a league situation. In saying that, I think race one there was enough incidents that 99% of the field would have at least a cracked windscreen by the end of lap 3. lol
  Race one I tried to pass Frosty where there might not have been quite enough room, but I saw a gap and tried to squeeze past, I tapped him and took him out. He probably deserved it anyway! But sorry Freezer!
I think I was then pretty lonely for the rest of the race, Maybe Viper was buzzing around in his boat.

Race 2 was a lot more exciting. Got up to 9th and was having a great race with GW and Mr Flattop. Rob and Viper where sticking around too.
Was heaps faster than GW but he was a lot cleverer through the corners. Just waiting for the right time to pounce when I knew I'd have room to get past and not stuff up the next corner. Or take us all out. Was awesome fun. Got past him and Flattop then started breathing down my tailpipe and I tried to pull away, that's where I came undone and slid out back to the tail end. There I met up with me old mates Rob And Viper in his boat.
  Race 3 was also a good one. Was dicing it up again with flattop for a while then back again with Rob and Viper and GW showed up again so we had a few laps together i think I brake checked him into the chicane, that was our only tap out of 2 races being pretty close. Was great fun thanks GW!!!!

And thanks Sally for making it all happen as usual! If only the Thursday night guy could be as professional...  :P
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:14:05 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:16:25 AM »
I've got a lot to learn in these road cars! I feel at home in a GT car or open wheeler, but had nothing in these. Are you guys using a H-shifter + manual clutch, blipping etc? I'm pretty hopeless at that sorta stuff so I chucked on auto clutch/blip and just used the paddles :p

Hi Tom. A few masochists use the H-shifter here. I'm not one of them. Paddles and auto clutch for me.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
Race one I tried to pass Frosty where there might not have been quite enough room
Race 1. After a decent qualifying at around 6th, it quickly unravelled when I got belted from behind by it would appear Dick and was then hit by a couple of others in the mess and found myself 17th . . nice!.  Pushed on then toward the end Cramjet ran into the back of me and spun me for reasons unknown, no redress!!
Race 2, I was quicker in qual but so was the field so started 12th. A much better race.  Learnt how to turn off traction control from the chat and started to improve my times and got home 5th.
Race 3.  Further improved my qual to start 6th and after a good run at the early traffic managed to get past Marty (don't say that to often) and then caught and past Guybrush (another rarity).  Is set about chasing down Gratulin and then on the last lap I managed to give him the smallest of touches exiting the hairpin and spun him.  Redressed and got home in 7th.  Apologies again to Gratulin..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:42:21 AM by Freezer »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
All good Freezer. I'm glad you told me on TS you were waiting for me because that woke me up and meant neither of us lost too many positions :) I usually lose lots of places after an off.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:24 AM »
Race 1 was a bit of a no-show for me.  On the run down to T1 I was in amongst a few cars and then Gratulin appeared from the pits going slower than the rest of us so shuffled around him and as we were doing so I ended up getting caught up into the first corner with Schmittez.  It was a tricky one Schmittez and I probably would have done the same thing so don't worry about it.  After that I was at the back of the field I think and made up a few places before getting stuck behind a Beamer after which I had no chance of passing due to the straight line advantage and couldn't really pass in the corners where I seemed to be quicker.  So apart from T1 it was fairly uneventful.

Race 2 was pretty much the same.  Managed to get in front of a few guys like Phil but they'd breeze past on the straights so I ended up playing follow the leader.

Race 3 was much more interesting.  Got up into a decent position, but again was passed on the straights by a few guys which then allowed Marty and I to have a good battle for a few laps.  Marty eventually got past with a nice move half on the grass down the main straight and then it was just a matter of following him home for an Achilles Heel 3rd and 4th.

I seemed to be lacking a lot of straight line speed compared even to Marty who was in the same car.  I'm wondering whether using the paddles is a disadvantage or whether it is just setup?

Anyway, to those guys that accidentally hit people or made a mistake, don't sweat it.  We all have f*cked up at various times.  I don't think anyone did anything really stupid that is deserving of Wally's iron fisting.  That's what I think anyway.

Thanks for the night.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »

I use the shifter and clutch much more fun, also a bit quicker I think if you do it properly. But the odds of making a mistake is way higher and in races I just have to back off a little on shifts to make sure I dont miss any.

Was a good fun race night in practice I could see it was going to be tricky as I spent a few laps trying to find a way past some beamers. I also waited up for Dick to see how he was going and I couldnt hang on to gim as he pulled away until he ran out of fuel sk I kind of expected to be behind him all night.

Race 1 was probably the most boring starting ok then just followed Phil and Bacchulum all race. I was driving the wheels off the thing but couldnt get any closer. Then as my tyres went off they both got quicker so I ended up 3rd getting very loose at the end of the stint.

Race 2 had a better qualy lap but didnt really get any further up the grid, flattop got pole but ended up in the pits. I chased phil for a couple laps but then he ran wide on the second last corner. Then Bacchulum caught and easily passed me down the straight. I pushed hard to get it back and  luckily for me he missed a few gears at critical points allowing me tonget back ahead. I then just pushed hard hoping nobody can catch up and somehow hung on for a win.

Race 3 was good fun but I had a poor qualy only scraping together a lap on my last chance. I had to get agresseive off the line and gained a few spots before t1. Then just chased down Guybrush with a couple quicker cars around. Had some good racing with him for a few laps but surprisingly my little lotus had the legs on his. After some swapping of positions for a few laps I pulled ahead ended up 3rd when 2 guys ahead made contact.

Overall its been a fun season pretty hard work in the elise as I need to drive more on the limits each lap. No room to back off too much when you need to squeeze every tenth out of the thing. Still need to avoid any mistakes and I was quite happy with all the races giving it about all I had.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »
Race one I tried to pass Frosty where there might not have been quite enough room
Race 1. After a decent qualifying at around 6th, it quickly unravelled when I got belted from behind by it would appear Dick and was then hit by a couple of others in the mess and found myself 17th . . nice!.  Pushed on then toward the end Cramjet ran into the back of me and spun me for reasons unknown, no redress!!

Sorry, Freezer. I can't recall exactly what happened there but I felt any of the taps I made or were made on me were racing incidents given how close we all were - even Tom's divebomb in to the 2nd last corner :P. In saying that I had no pace in these cars or this track so could have been due to lack of concentration/frustration. But I don't like hitting anyone, ever (unless its team orders to get Dick out of the way), so I do apologise!

First race I accidentally qualified on street tyres - once I put it on the semi's it really hooked up and allowed me to work my way through the field a bit. I felt a little over-handicapped but that also has to do with me sucking ass at imola. I had a lot of fun races, mostly being overtaken but making the occasional move if the opportunity presented itself. I do prefer starting at the rear of the grid, assuming everybody's racing cleanly - makes for constant battles and fun :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »
Well a first for me, both first on the grid due to qual times and fastest times...

I like the track, probably due to being familiar, but with too little practice, but looks as if I MUST have the fastest car, I just used the default setup with less fuel.

Once the tyres warmed, a little sliding made for good times.

Race 1, tried to do my last lap of qual as the first lap of the race, WRONG! lost places had fun working to get passed with interference.
Race 2, prepped myself, BIG TALK, 'take it easy'... in pits! WHAT, oh well  :P
Made for some great racing, coming out of the pits from the furtherest pit bay, I had lost visuals by the time i exited!  :o
I forgot there are 3 races, a little more tired, off my pace.
ALl 3 were very intense for me, not used to being on the pace and in amongst so many.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »

Hi Tom. A few masochists use the H-shifter here. I'm not one of them. Paddles and auto clutch for me.

+1 to what Dick said, me too lazy for all that heel toe muck  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 02:03:04 PM »

+1 to what Dick said, me too lazy for all that heel toe muck  ;D
If you listen to the calm conversations some of the guys have while driving then you quickly work out that they need something extra to do to keep them occupied while driving :)

Me - I'm busy enough just trying to not run into anyone!

Having said that the H-shifter is really fun in the Cobra and it only has 4 gears!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal