Xtreme Gaming Network

Some season 3 stats

Author Topic: Some season 3 stats  (Read 13197 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Some season 3 stats
« on: November 03, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
Just to wrap up season 3, here are some final season stats:

Best average finish position: Marty, 3.3
Most wins: Marty, 6
Most podiums: Marty, 13
Most poles: Guybrush, 5
Most fastest race laps: Guybrush, Insomniac, 3
Most times most consistent: GWyar, 4
Most races as the hunter (close to the car in front): Wally, 3
Most races as the hunted (someone right behind you): Freezer, StanDaam, 2
Most races the busiest (cars close in front and behind): Crimespree, Freezer, Guybrush, Peter Reid, 2
Most races the loneliest (far away from other cars): Bacchulum, Gratulin, GWyar, RPM, 2
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Some season 3 stats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
I've really got to stop going away for work. My hobby working is getting in the way of my career siming.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:28:14 AM »
Interesting and surprising as I was rarely quicker then Guy all season as has been the case each season so far. Though he did miss one race and did have one race in the Kitty machine z4.

It still shows handicapping worked quite well but I still think maybe those guys just off the top pace in even cars probably didnt get enough of a boost. Most of the challengers came from the mid pack guys with Wally, Bird etc who are always not far off Guy or me still stayed about the same pace behind where giving them a car that has another .5 or so would have got them much more into the mix up front I think.

The most consistent one is a bit tricky as I tried to get this in one of the last races but still failed, I guess I needed a bit more pace on lap 2 and 3 but the last 6 were all pretty close.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 11:14:41 AM »
The handicapping hasn't changed much for me. I am still one of the loneliest drivers out there! Before handicapping I was finishing around 10th and after handicapping I'm finishing around 10th.

Really miss the battles with driver's of similar pace in the same cars however. The mid field was developing into a close and competitive group prior to handicapping.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 11:42:57 AM »
That is a very interesting view, Gratulin!
It's certainly worth debating and talking about.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »
In the next few days, I will look at the numbers over a few seasons. Look at the evidence. I for one have been racing closely with guys I wouldn't have been near before.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 04:07:01 PM »
Yeah Wally - agreed. I was just a bit grumpy this morning :D The current system is working well and good fun. So long as one of you fast guys in a slow car doesn't run into me :))

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
Yeah Wally - agreed. I was just a bit grumpy this morning :D The current system is working well and good fun. So long as one of you fast guys in a slow car doesn't run into me :))

I hardly had any contact all season so pretty sure I never ran into you, I guess that shows that the standard of racing isnt too bad as I had quite a few close battles with a few guys and no contact. Maybe if your getting hit by lots of people it could be you hitting them or not giving enough racing room.  ;)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:35 PM »

I hardly had any contact all season so pretty sure I never ran into you, I guess that shows that the standard of racing isnt too bad as I had quite a few close battles with a few guys and no contact. Maybe if your getting hit by lots of people it could be you hitting them or not giving enough racing room.  ;)
Just joking Marty. No one actually ran into me - just got overtaken regularly.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »
Gee Marty that sounds a bit harsh.   "maybe getting hit...could be you hitting them..."
I know that there's two participants in every accident, and often enough it could be avoided by one side giving in a bit, but this is RACING, right? :)

I've actually spun Gratulin around yesternight by a too enthusiastic dive on the inside (then running wide).  I probably wouldn't have tried that in a live race though.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 05:46:20 PM »
Gee Marty that sounds a bit harsh.   "maybe getting hit...could be you hitting them..."
I know that there's two participants in every accident, and often enough it could be avoided by one side giving in a bit, but this is RACING, right? :)

I've actually spun Gratulin around yesternight by a too enthusiastic dive on the inside (then running wide).  I probably wouldn't have tried that in a live race though.

Was joking but as you say there are 2 participants in a collision, if someone has lots of them then quite likely they may be more at fault then they think. Thats why I like to save all replays and if I do have a collision want to know if its something I did as I can only control my actions, its sometimes a bit eye opening when you check a replay and it looks very different to how you though it was at the time. Especially if it is your fault but thats the best way to learn, especially in AC with the mirror FOV being a bit awkward its not always easy to see if your clear or someone may have got in alongside.

It is racing and some incidents will always come about but by being aware of those around you and knowing the guys that give room and those that dont can help avoid collisions. There are a few guys that do tend to turn in on others and some that pretty much always give enough racing room where you can go side by side for many corners.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
Yeah, it's always good to look at replays.  The problem is some people just don't have the same idea of who should be giving way, etc. which is why I like to get someone else to have a look like Marty does.  You can't give everyone a paddock otherwise you'll never pass.  There will always be some onus on the person in front to give the passee some room.

The Z4 sure was slow, but I wonder whether I would have been much quicker using the shifter???  I guess that's another handicap to some extent - those using shifter v paddles.  Even with a mis-shift or two I still ended up with a +23 second deficit over 9 laps using the shifter at Nurburger Sprint compared to when I used the paddles.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 07:03:58 PM »
In my opinion a lot of the crashes could be caused by the inaccurate virtual mirror. I think a few times I have moved across on people because I thought they were much further behind me than they actually were, because of that mirror. Wish they would fix it, can't be that hard.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »
In my opinion a lot of the crashes could be caused by the inaccurate virtual mirror. I think a few times I have moved across on people because I thought they were much further behind me than they actually were, because of that mirror. Wish they would fix it, can't be that hard.

I know what you mean GW, I've started using 'look back' a fair bit. You can see instantly the difference in perspective looking at the mirror then 'look back' It's very noticeable.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 07:40:02 PM »
Yeah, it's always good to look at replays.  The problem is some people just don't have the same idea of who should be giving way, etc. which is why I like to get someone else to have a look like Marty does.  You can't give everyone a paddock otherwise you'll never pass.  There will always be some onus on the person in front to give the passee some room.

The Z4 sure was slow, but I wonder whether I would have been much quicker using the shifter???  I guess that's another handicap to some extent - those using shifter v paddles.  Even with a mis-shift or two I still ended up with a +23 second deficit over 9 laps using the shifter at Nurburger Sprint compared to when I used the paddles.

Z4 only comes with paddles and the shift is real slow in that thing, I think if there was a manual shift one it would be quicker and a bit more competetive. I think the z4 drift has more HP and h shifter.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal