Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 318105 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 11:50:51 AM »
Hi!

Dick Forrest is a fictional character. He was Cock Forrest (pronounced Koe For-ray) a long time ago.

I'm a 43 year old kid. Looking at me you'd say, "geez, look at that biker".. Maybe it's the beard, the leather, the tattoos and the bike that gives that impression. Really, I'm very approachable and a gentle guy. although shy to start with and always looking for a laugh to be had.

So, my advice is never take Dick Forrest seriously!

I'm liking Koe Forray - the tough biker who is fluent in french, enjoys sim racing, the perfect Latte and runs a nail salon.  Actually, your name isn't alluding to some sort of battle between hair growth vs. man-scapeing? Could make for an interesting paint scheme ;)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
Hi!

Dick Forrest is a fictional character. He was Cock Forrest (pronounced Koe For-ray) a long time ago.

I'm a 43 year old kid. Looking at me you'd say, "geez, look at that biker".. Maybe it's the beard, the leather, the tattoos and the bike that gives that impression. Really, I'm very approachable and a gentle guy. although shy to start with and always looking for a laugh to be had.

So, my advice is never take Dick Forrest seriously!

I'm liking Koe Forray - the tough biker who is fluent in french, enjoys sim racing, the perfect Latte and runs a nail salon.  Actually, your name isn't alluding to some sort of battle between hair growth vs. man-scapeing? Could make for an interesting paint scheme ;)

lol you got him sussed Guybrush!  :D

Of cause a Cock Forest is a room full of men, much like a sausage fest. That's where his name really came from. And a room full of women is called? That's right, a Box Social.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:41:31 PM by Dick Forrest »

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

Rob, Robin, Westie07 here.

I'm 65 y.o. from Brisbane, and until my beloved wife (Lyn) passed away a few years ago I had been her full-time Carer for about 10 years.

I started Sim racing with GPL which totally consumed all my spare time. But real life happened and I lost motivation and commitment. Discovered NetKar and all the great guys at XGN and competed in several seasons and after lots of practice managed to improve my skills to very average. The older I got the faster I was, and for the first time in my stellar Sim racing career I now find that I am constantly 3 to 4 seconds off the pace of the "Aliens". Getting old sucks lol.

I do my best to avoid contacts, will give racing room to faster drivers and never intentionally block. Sim racing is supposed to be fun and when I start taking it to seriously it will be time to give it up.

The "Westie" nick started several years ago when Lyn and I bought a secondhand Westfield Clubman (check out my Avatar). Unfortunately I only drive it about once a month, too many memories.

My main interests at present are music and my Church, where I play bass guitar, guitar or drums, wherever I am needed. Music influences have gone from heavy rock and jazz to blues and jazz. I guess a result of my changed personal situation.

Apart from owning 2 of the best guitars ever made my hobby now is making electric guitars. I find it very therapeutic and WAY cheaper than a therapist.

rob

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »
Hi,

My name is Robert ('Grubbet' on steam) and im from Orange NSW

Im 22 and fairly new to sim racing. I first got into racing playing Gran Turismo 4,5,6, but once I got a decent PC I searched for a better game and found Assetto Corsa. So far I have 100 hours in game, although most of that is with a 360 controller. (i was pretty decent with it). I recently bought a G27 and am getting a lot better with it. I like to race as clean as possible and always let faster racers pass.

I also race RC cars at my local club and usually finish in the top 3 there. (on road and off road)

I joined this forum in hopes to have a server to race on with clean drivers for some fun and challenging racing.

How do I get added to the server or get the password or however it works?

Thanks,
Robert

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
Hi Grubbet and welcome. I got your GUID, thanks. The grid is currently limited by the game to the pit boxes, which is 24. We're currently full, but there's a reserve list which I will add you to, so if someone can't make it on a race night,  you'll get a start. There's a race tonight (see the relevant thread), and I'm offering a free spot to our current reserves. If they don't turn up, I'll put you on the grid tonight.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline SlayerOne

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 11:20:45 AM »
Hi, i'm Kevin
I'm an I.T guy in far south nsw. i've been into gaming since the 16bit era (megadrive) but don't do much online gaming, but AC has me hankering for some clean racing.
"He's busted, dusted and disgusted, but he's ok"
specs: Windows 8.1; Asus Z87-GD65; Nvidia GTX770; 16GB Ram; Intel i7-4770K 3.5ghz * 8; Logitech G27

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:41 AM »
Hi Kevin. Welcome. Please PM me your race GUID so I can add you to entry grids. I'll sign you up as a reserve for the Tuesday night races.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2014, 08:34:45 AM »
I thought I better introduce myself as well, I'm Phil and I also work in IT. I'm a system administrator and mainly work with Microsoft solutions.
I'm 33 and live on the Gold Coast, a great place where it's summer nearly all year round.

I'm a bit of a gamer and really like my MMO's and sim racing, I started with the commodore 64 and was lucky to have both tape and floppy drives. My first real PC was a 286 8Mhz turbo'd to 10Mhz and I've had every generation of Intel CPU since, well at least all the major versions.

At the moment I'm starting a new business - application for a mobile phone and I also want to go to Uni and attempt a double degree, political science and bachelor of business early next year and hopefully won't be going back to IT once that commences.

I'm always keen for MP online racing so if you see me about and wanna race, just ask.  :)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
Welcome Jestronix, Guy, Dick, Stanna, Phil, Kevin and Robert

We have had so many new people here since the AC multi-player, it's just fantastic to see so many new faces introducing yourselves as well as well as the old hands.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
Hear, hear.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
Hi, I'm David, 44yo single fitter/machinist in Brisbane.
Never played computer games, never had a console or even a PC.
Until, I saw an ad in my F1Racing magazine for a Logitech Wingman wheel/pedals and GP3. :o :o :o :o
So I bought the wheel/game, then a PC, and have been driving since.
GP3, GP4, Netkar Namie (not Pro), NASCAR 2003 (now iRental), rFactor, ARCA Sim Racing, nKPro and now AC are the sims I've competed in.
Bought some others (EA F1, SimBin, etc.) but never really played them.

Still don't play other games, still don't know squat about PCs (except what's necessary to drive).
I'm just a die-hard motorsport fan. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline shiftA

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
Hi,

I'm Tim. On Steam I'm Hugh Jarse with the nick of shiftA.

I Was looking for a game to get into away from the FPS's I was playing and found Assetto Corsa. Like
most I was blown away with it to the point where the insides of my hands are developing a concave shape from using my G27 wheel and the skin on my right heel is actually sore lol.

Anyway I wanted to have a race or two online so I setup a server called GT-AU it's been fun mostly and I met good people from overseas and here but the high pings and no talents with a penchant for mayhem can get tedious to say the least.

So I've signed up here knowing in time I'll enjoy racing with local enthusiasts and local pings.

Cheers Fellas.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
Gday shiftA and welcome. Not the Hugh Jarse of rFactor track fame? Well have some Thursdaynnight fun races that you're welcome to come along to. We've a new season of open wheelers coming ina  few weeks too.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
Welcome to the local Assetto Corsa league  ;D

Offline Goatboy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »
Hey all,

I'm Nick, or Goatboy, you'll mostly see me practicing my reverse parking in to the kitty litter. Got in to online sim driving back in the LFS Stage 1 days, but have been playing racing sim's from back when I used to connect two computers with a serial cable in the early 90's. " I'm Paul Page. From Papyrus, this is IndyCar Racing " ..... ahh, the early days! Anyway, Assetto Corsa has brought the G25 back out of hiding, it now get's more desk time than the keyboard, and my thirst for racing simulators is alive again. So I'm also kinda considering building a 3 DOF motion simulator, but that's another kettle of fish ... figured I'd first go looking for some people to drive with. Hope to see you on track soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal