Xtreme Gaming Network

A good car setup helps...

Author Topic: A good car setup helps...  (Read 12176 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: A good car setup helps...
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »
As a sim racing newbie I really have no idea what to change in setup, but I have been playing around with the settings recently (in the 458 so really not much I can change), and I immediately notice when I forget to load my setup. Lots of learning to do, especially if I'm in a car with more options.

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »
I found this http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/race-track-engineer-interactive-setup-guide.20473/

It's just an excel spread sheet, but it might help us that are trying to work out what questions to ask ourselves about how the car *feels* for us.

Can't wait to give it a go on the weekend  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »
I think half the thing with setups is finding out how the changes effect the particular car you are driving. . For me,  I have a fair idea what each set up change does but it really is different for each car,  so while I know that increasing front positive toe should give better turn in at the expense of mid turn grip,  it takes time to figure out how much you need and how this impacts on other areas of each individual car.  AC's poor handling of data feedback doesn't help either.

I think a big part of the equation is knowing roughly which direction you are headed but then another big part is simply trial and error.  This is the most time consuming part of setting a hot lap in a new car/track combo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal