Xtreme Gaming Network

REAL TRACK - Brands Hatch and Brands Hatch Indy - Rating

Poll

How do you rate this track for league racing?

1) Flawless - as good as an AC track
0 (0%)
2) Really good - would love to use this in a league race
5 (100%)
3) It's OK - would like to use this in a league race, but I've seen better
0 (0%)
4) Sub-par - it works, but it's a bit blah
0 (0%)
5) Woeful - full of issues
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: REAL TRACK - Brands Hatch and Brands Hatch Indy - Rating  (Read 8885 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:23:39 PM »
Conversion by Albert McSaltens who also has converted Circuit de Catalunya and Suzuka both of which are also good conversions of real tracks.
Version 1.0 - This is very good quality that, while it may not be exact to the real Brands Hatch, is a good track to race on.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brands-hatch.2726/

Rate it "2' if you believe there are no flaws and the layout is close enough to the real Brands to use in league races.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:29:28 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Phil

• View Profile

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: REAL TRACK - Brands Hatch and Brands Hatch Indy - Rating
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 07:29:47 PM »
Cool.  This is already one of my favourite tracks.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 06:02:45 PM »
This version is a bit better I think, http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/brands-hatch.88107/

The one linked above is the NFS shift conversion and they had a habit of making tracks twice as wide as the real thing to keep their great handling cars on the road.  ;D

Actually link above is the wrong one too, correct track version but only has 2 grid spots.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:09:48 PM by marty »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 02:35:14 PM »
This version is a bit better I think, http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/brands-hatch.88107/

The one linked above is the NFS shift conversion and they had a habit of making tracks twice as wide as the real thing to keep their great handling cars on the road.  ;D

Actually link above is the wrong one too, correct track version but only has 2 grid spots.
Marty,

This post is confusing to me? Isn't the track in the original post the one we used and liked? The one you just linked won't even uncompress for me and also gets blasted in the reviews.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »
The good version is by Albert McSaltens...  I'm not sure either links point to the right track?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »

The good version is by Albert McSaltens...  I'm not sure either links point to the right track?
The RaceDepartment links - brands-hatch.2726 and brands-hatch-indy.2733 are Albert McSaltens.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »

Marty,

This post is confusing to me? Isn't the track in the original post the one we used and liked? The one you just linked won't even uncompress for me and also gets blasted in the reviews.

Seems the links at rd are screwed up now, the version we used on the fun nite before the tuesday season was the much better track and that link now links to this other worse version sorry. It seems to have been replaced at rd with this different version which is a NFS shift conversion and way too wide.

If anyone has a link to the track we used before or even upload it somewhere I think its easily a better track but I cant find that link any more.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Thanks Marty. All fixed in original post. There is only one download for both layouts. The link now is the one we ran in the fun run. When choosing between GP and Indy you will see barriers now so there is no confusion as to which way to go ;)

I understand what has happened now. I included a second link for the Indy layout which actually linked to that other, not so good version of the track. Second link deleted.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal