Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 2 Formula Abarth: Season Info and Driver Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 2 Formula Abarth: Season Info and Driver Sign Up  (Read 73755 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Formula Abarth: Season Info and Driver Sign Up
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »
I know there is only one race left but I would still like to have a chance to race and be in the next season, Hopefully I'm not too slow for everyone.

What is classified as "slow" may I ask, is a 2.02:*** around the Nurburgring GP track even close to acceptable? That's the fastest I have been but that was on the first day with no car tuning only low fuel and soft slicks.

too fast!!!
Taken me, like, forever. Maybe longer... to get a 2.03.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:24 PM »
I know there is only one race left but I would still like to have a chance to race and be in the next season, Hopefully I'm not too slow for everyone.

What is classified as "slow" may I ask, is a 2.02:*** around the Nurburgring GP track even close to acceptable? That's the fastest I have been but that was on the first day with no car tuning only low fuel and soft slicks.

Hi Schimttez. Welcome to XGN. I'll see if there's any spots available for next Tuesday's race. At the moment, the grid's full, but I'll put you on the reserve list in case someone can't make it.

The next couple of Tuesday's, we'll be having a couple of fun/trial races which you should be able to come along to. Then we're starting season 3, which will be designed to promote close racing in a field of mixed Lotuses and BMWs for all. So keep your eye on the forum.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »
I might of been a lap down both races due to not being able to maintain any ability to drive when I had a chance to overtake or just close behind some one or you know there was a corner to navigate around, but I still had fun. I seemed to be on pace with the back runners so if I could maintain my composure I think there would be some good racing to be had.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »
I might of been a lap down both races due to not being able to maintain any ability to drive when I had a chance to overtake or just close behind some one or you know there was a corner to navigate around, but I still had fun. I seemed to be on pace with the back runners so if I could maintain my composure I think there would be some good racing to be had.
It's good to hear you had fun. Your lap times will improve the more you race and the more experience you get. Next season we will have more "balancing" - i.e. the faster guys will get slower cars - which will close the field up and give some closer racing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal