Xtreme Gaming Network

DRS APP

Author Topic: DRS APP  (Read 27757 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
DRS APP
« on: May 25, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »
Here is the DRS app that will be mandatory for season 17. It prohibits the use of DRS unless you are 1 second behind the car in front at the detection point before the DRS zone starts. You can also only use DRS from lap 3 onwards. It will really spice up the DRS, because every car can't just always use it in a DRS zone. Download from this post, because it's preconfigured with XGN rules (I also took a little bit of chat spam out of it).

Unzip it into your Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa folder.

It's quite obvious and intuitive when you run the app.
  • When you're not in a DRS zone, the app is GREY.
  • When you're in a DRZ zone but you're not allowed to use DRS, the app is RED.
  • When you're within 1 second of the preceding car at the detection zone, the app goes GREEN, and then you can use DRS once you hear an audible beep which indicates the start of the DRS zone.
Bottom line: you can only activate DRS if you hear that beep.

In practice and qualifying, you can use DRS any time in the DRS zone. The rules above only apply to the RACE session.

The app can't actually stop you from using DRS, but it writes a penalty message to the log file, like the PLP app. I'll apply a 5 second post-race time penalty for every illegal DRS activation.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 09:37:12 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: SEASON 17 DRS APP - MANDATORY DOWNLOAD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »
I can't see any app when I turn it on, and no beeps during practice. :-\
What exactly does the app look like and where does it appear? ???

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »
Cool this will add a bit, there must be a penalty for someone not using the app then. Assuming that it works as intended ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
I can't see any app when I turn it on, and no beeps during practice. :-\
What exactly does the app look like and where does it appear? ???

You can read about it here. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acrl-drs.15414/
It's only a fairly small rectangle, with the word DRS in it.

I haven't tested it after I took some chat lines out - hopefully I haven't buggered it up.

Actually, I'm not sure if it only appears in a race session. I did a practice offline race against the AI.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
Is cool. 8)
It only shows in a race session. ;)

(still haven't tested the beeps, I was alone, but I tested the penalties ;D )

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
I think the DRS rules will be awesome. There's actually some point to DRS now.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »
Tested the app a bit tonight, works as it is supposed to and its fairly simple to use so will add a bit to the season. DRS I found was worth about .7 per lap here but it still wont make passes that easy as you need to be close and get a good run out of the last turn which isnt the easiest thing. Passing in other parts of the track I found easier but then its also hard to judge against people likely using DRS.

When I had the lead and had Andy behind about .6 entering last turn he couldnt get close enough to make the move even with DRS, this is an issue with aero cars at Imola in general as dirty air exiting last turn causes quite a bit of understeer slowing your exit. The wind at 11-13kmh can be worth about 15kmh down the main straight into vs helping but I think the first half a lap is still faster into the wind then down wind as you get more aero grip into all the corners to Tosa.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 09:16:47 PM »
....heheehehhehehe i got the app,unzipped it in to AC folder...........and i have never seen it again,,,,,we tried tonight but after 3 laps i did see anything....what i am doing wrong....too much sambuca?.......too much vino???.......too much jager?????

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
....heheehehhehehe i got the app,unzipped it in to AC folder...........and i have never seen it again,,,,,we tried tonight but after 3 laps i did see anything....what i am doing wrong....too much sambuca?.......too much vino???.......too much jager? ??? ?
It's only visible in a race session. It's only small - it just has a big DRS label with  red or green background. Just do a quick race offline and you should see it to position it.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:04:52 AM »
Ok wally thx matey!!  I thought it only worked on the xgn servers...i will give it a go at lunch .....

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
unzipped it in to AC folder...........

I know I mentioned this on the server last night, but just to be sure as you said you couldn't even see the app in the options menu... The zip folder contains a folder called ACRL_DRS_0.5 and inside that is content and apps folders. Copy the contents and apps folders to your AC root folder, not the ACRL_DRS_0.5 folder.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
unzipped it in to AC folder...........

I know I mentioned this on the server last night, but just to be sure as you said you couldn't even see the app in the options menu... The zip folder contains a folder called ACRL_DRS_0.5 and inside that is content and apps folders. Copy the contents and apps folders to your AC root folder, not the ACRL_DRS_0.5 folder.

JOE!!!   THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ALBERT.........is minimal!!!!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
....heheehehhehehe i got the app,unzipped it in to AC folder...........and i have never seen it again,,,,,we tried tonight but after 3 laps i did see anything....what i am doing wrong....too much sambuca?.......too much vino???.......too much jager? ??? ?
It's only visible in a race session. It's only small - it just has a big DRS label with  red or green background. Just do a quick race offline and you should see it to position it.

WALLY!!!    THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ALBERT........

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
Man, a certain level of competence is assumed ;)
I'll see if I can tidy up the zip file.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal