Xtreme Gaming Network

Simulator build - Hoonigan

Author Topic: Simulator build - Hoonigan  (Read 17274 times)

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Simulator build - Hoonigan
« on: August 26, 2018, 11:12:30 PM »
pretty cool assetto corsa sim rig x2, four episodes

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Simulator build - Hoonigan
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 12:01:47 PM »
that is sweet
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:54:32 PM »
Rig's cool, but that video is excruciating.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:24:48 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas about what I should get in the way of triple screen 1440p monitors and gpu and CPU to match. I'm guessing my 6 year old (???) setup isn't going to cut it.  Oh and also a cockpit? Thanks.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:47 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas about what I should get in the way of triple screen 1440p monitors and gpu and CPU to match. I'm guessing my 6 year old (???) setup isn't going to cut it.  Oh and also a cockpit? Thanks.

Come back ?  Hope so, be nice to see you racing again,  even though it means never again wining another race  :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) :P :P :P ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »
Welcome back, GB, hope you'll find some time to race.    I think even with your 6yo setup you'll beat us silly :)

Cockpit, though?  You're really aiming high ,man!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:46:50 PM »
keyboard and mouse or go home dude

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 11:51:49 PM »
Something like this, hope you got a big hole in your pocket lol,
https://www.pccasegear.com/wish_lists/425692/Racing%20triples
Add extra for comparable Intel cpu/mobo, add extra hdd's, add a wireless card if needed.
Or try to save a bit on the monitors, eg fhd, smaller size.
The case is one of the cheapest with good ventilation and 4 fans pre-installed, I didn't pick it for the rgb and tempered glass lol.
I've built rigs using most of these parts before and they're decent without going too cheap, you could always get higher end components though. Brand of gpu won't matter too much either and you can go up to 2080ti but going down to 2070 might be pushing it with 1440p triples and the more modern titles, comprising graphics quality settings might get you there but then why 1440p and not 1080p.
As for rigs I don't know, something solid that doesn't break the bank and can fit 32in monitors.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 08:29:57 AM »
Thanks guys.
I've been holding out waiting for VR to catch up but it seems GPUs just can't handle VR with a decent resolution and FOV - such as the Pimax 5k.  It also seems that games are behind in their optimisation for VR.

So basically I'll need a 1080ti for triples @ 2k?  Would it be feasible to have the outside screens 1080p and the centre 1440p?

Also looking for a new wheel and pedals.  Thinking the fanatec CSR elite...?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »
I built this from aluminium profile for ~$1k plus car seat for ~$250. It only has 24" screens. I did have access to a friend who fabricated some of the aluminium parts for me to save money.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 10:49:29 AM »
Thanks guys.
I've been holding out waiting for VR to catch up but it seems GPUs just can't handle VR with a decent resolution and FOV - such as the Pimax 5k.  It also seems that games are behind in their optimisation for VR.

So basically I'll need a 1080ti for triples @ 2k?  Would it be feasible to have the outside screens 1080p and the centre 1440p?

Also looking for a new wheel and pedals.  Thinking the fanatec CSR elite...?
I personally think vr has a long way to go to be ultra realistic and high image quality.
 I haven't used triples but from what I've read mixed resolutions and mixed refresh rates either don't work or are a pita.
 Be sure to get a load cell brake pedal system it's the one thing that made the biggest difference for my racing "smoothness" I've still got a lot of work to do with consistency lol.
I built this from aluminium profile for ~$1k plus car seat for ~$250. It only has 24" screens. I did have access to a friend who fabricated some of the aluminium parts for me to save money.
Nice rig, looks sturdy, from most video reviews online sturdiness seems to be one of the most complained about, wish I had room for a good set-up like these.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »
Nice rig, looks sturdy, from most video reviews online sturdiness seems to be one of the most complained about, wish I had room for a good set-up like these.

Hell, yeah.   That was always my problem, too; the space.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 04:32:07 PM »
Great build Gratulin  :).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2019, 06:29:07 AM »
I don't even want to imagine how much GB will be destroying us with a rig and triples.... that said would be awesome to have you back.

Did you mean CSL elite? I have the CSL elite base with a couple of the clubsport rims and it was a huge step up from the g27. I ended up buying a used set of clubsport v2 pedals though instead of the elite ones, but I know a few people here have the CSL ones and are happy with them.

Rig wise I have a Next Level GT Ultimate. Part of the reason I chose that was the triple monitor stand attached directly to the rig and didnt take up too much additional space.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2019, 05:39:25 PM »
Very nice work Gratulin. Wish I had some of those skillz.
It resembles the Sim Lab rig https://sim-lab.eu/product/gt1-evo/
Did you get inspiration from there?
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal