Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: August 28th Goodwood

Author Topic: Round 2: August 28th Goodwood  (Read 38349 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Round 2: August 28th Goodwood
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
Well, Steam has decided I won't race tonight. >:(
It simply won't let me log in. >:( >:(

grrr that is crap.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
keep trying, it sometimes does that, sadly

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
This was a fantastic night, gents, I've really enjoyed the fun with you all.
I wish everyone had a better skin and we all had it - it cracks me up seeing Mary's skin every time :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 11:51:28 AM »
Well junxtaposed with many's fun, Bacchalum and Wally had a less than enjoyable night, the silver lining is that Tuesday this week worked for you both.
Lets hope this is the last of the pain.

Well a great night of not only racing, but a fun friendly night with like minded 'racers', I had a smile on my dial most of the night, a couple of pressure moments with the server.
Firstly Dick your skins have added a new level to our racing, fun.  Very impressed with your 'skinning skills'. Thanks.

Race one saw me a little nervous and and a poor ping, meant problems for me and causing others to have 'collisions' sorry, not sure what happened, the girls at my place promised me they were not the cause :)
The grids looked brilliant, in race 2 with settled nerves had a better race, but race 3 with the reduction in the rear bar, (Thanks Bird), I had a ball and had found a 'groove' and could have happily done a 20 lapper (albeit at my speed), but progressed my PB to end up 5th on the list, so just a blast.
Great to have new peeps, welcome Peter, sorry for 'memory drop' on my part, but thanks to TS ensured you had a good night.
Grubbet, I noticed a couple of times you 'slide' off where I too had, the fast right hander, did you get the setup off the forum thread? I will put the latest incarnation on the main thread today. Sorry if you were on TS and I didn't know, to busy for me to take notice, even if it is important.

If you have the race #2 results, anyone, I will add the additional race results in.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Round 2: August 28th Goodwood
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:35 PM »
Great night's racing again. The Cobra is such a handful just to keep on track but Bird will eventually work out a setup that works for him and then we can all use that!? I found it a bit confusing last night however - kept ending up behind "MARY" whoever that was??

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »
Well junxtaposed with many's fun, Bacchalum and Wally had a less than enjoyable night, the silver lining is that Tuesday this week worked for you both.

Well a great night of not only racing, but a fun friendly night with like minded 'racers', I had a smile on my dial most of the night, a couple of pressure moments with the server.
Firstly Dick your skins have added a new level to our racing, fun.  Very impressed with your 'skinning skills'. Thanks.

Race one saw me a little nervous and and a poor ping, meant problems for me and causing others to have 'collisions' sorry, not sure what happened, the girls at my place promised me they were not the cause :)
The grids looked brilliant, in race 2 with settled nerves had a better race, but race 3 with the reduction in the rear bar, (Thanks Bird), I had a ball and had found a 'groove' and could have happily done a 20 lapper (albeit at my speed), but progressed my PB to end up 5th on the list, so just a blast.
Great to have new peeps, welcome Peter, sorry for 'memory drop' on my part, but thanks to TS ensured you had a good night.
Grubbet, I noticed a couple of times you 'slide' off where I too had, the fast right hander, did you get the setup off the forum thread? I will put the latest incarnation on the main thread today. Sorry if you were on TS and I didn't know, to busy for me to take notice, even if it is important.

If you have the race #2 results, anyone, I will add the additional race results in.

was a fun night indeed! glad everyone got a laugh out of my unconventional skins! that's what they are all about.

I think Grubbet just liked heading into the tall grass after turn 1. i know I did too. would get that bloody corner right a couple of times then get it wrong twice as many..
very much with the throttle.. 'just right' Not too much, not too little or it ends in a very long sideways skid..

Loved the track. Love the car. hate this track and car together though lol

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
Well, Tuesday's won't be fun either if Steam doesn't pull its finger out and sort this. >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »
Well, Tuesday's won't be fun either if Steam doesn't pull its finger out and sort this. >:(

What is happening? I'm not having any steam issues. There was an update yesterday. Maybe you haven't got it?

Steam API: v016

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
I can't open Steam, it says network unavailable, so I couldn't even update it if that's what it needs (I think the update has caused this).
Can't even play offline, so they've effectively stolen all my games. >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »

was a fun night indeed! glad everyone got a laugh out of my unconventional skins! that's what they are all about.

I think Grubbet just liked heading into the tall grass after turn 1. i know I did too. would get that bloody corner right a couple of times then get it wrong twice as many..
very much with the throttle.. 'just right' Not too much, not too little or it ends in a very long sideways skid..

Loved the track. Love the car. hate this track and car together though lol

I found it is far better to be VERY slow in to it and not full off.  Consistency is assisting me to get some points even though a little slow.
So IMHO, just go enter even slower than you think you need to...

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:03 PM »
I can't open Steam, it says network unavailable, so I couldn't even update it if that's what it needs (I think the update has caused this).

I don't think there is an update, can you try downloading the Steam install and trying going along that path?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 03:42:27 PM »

I assume you have done a bit of googeling? It does seem to happen now and then.

there is a couple of you-tube how to's.
and these.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828935361064996928/#p5
Opprinnelig skrevet av Modus Pwnens:
Had this problem. A couple things you can try:
1. go to your steam directory and delete ClientRegistry.blob then re-run steam.
If that doesn't fix it
2. Right click Steam and select Run as Administrator

there is a bit to be found here Bacchulum. Bit to read through though.
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828935673158964273/#p2

Love this solution.. but you might not find it as amusing.. It might work though!

ÆON 27. aug, 2013 @ 10:03pm
Hey Guys ,
I found a solution which you don't need to Reformat your PC , disabled your firewall , ETC
All I did was I open my steam again and again and after a while when I open my steam
it pop a log-in thingy which I logged on and lag a bit for like 2 - 3 mins and wait.
And I didn't close the Steam because it is not responding but I'm still waiting.
After a while it goes back to its natural thingy .
I hope you guys understand it and helps you and this is my solution.

so there is this youtube clip... It's a lot more complimcatimated. and goes for 12mins Need to make a static IP address and log into your router to open ports.
He does explain it. But he is slightly vague in a few spots. It also doesn't work for everyone. He explains to someone in the comments how to un-do the IP Address.

I'd give it a go if all else fails.
[youtube]iIgtKoCruJ4[/youtube]

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
Fairly disappointing my lag knocked me out again - this is the one car I'm competitive in. Dick must be hogging all W.A's bandwidth with his 'videos'.

First race I had a good battle with Peter and Bird - would have won it if I didn't have a HUGE spike as I went around the last corner - sending me to the grass as I tried to avoid hitting anyone. Brought it home for a disappointing (!) 3rd. 2nd race I got pole or 2nd and then took the lead into first corner. When I saw Dick's car jump in front of me thanks to lag I figured it best to quit in a giant ball of rage.

I really enjoyed this car/track combo - once you learn where to push (or not to push in this car) it's heaps of fun. Hopefully next week will be better lag wise - strange how Tuesday's are normally fine for me, save for when the mrs is doing her lesson plans (youtubing), but Thursdays have been consistently worse.

Offline arc d'wraith

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »
another great night's racing

the cobra is a real handful, I expected it to be an exercise in frustration with it going wrong so easily ... but im lovin it  8)

great work on the skins, really add to an already colourful grid :D

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »

Yea thanks for that :) i find it really hard to be consistent with this car. Still a fun nights racing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal