Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center

Author Topic: S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center  (Read 12745 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 11:19:35 PM »
The way I saw it, you did run wide and squeeze killa into the wall. See the results section.

Yeah I don't disagree I went wider than anticipated as the car just wouldn't turn, but if I was killa I would have backed out of that rather that drive myself into a wall. I blame you Wally for being out of position  ;D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 11:48:16 PM »
The way I saw it, you did run wide and squeeze killa into the wall. See the results section.

Yeah I don't disagree I went wider than anticipated as the car just wouldn't turn, but if I was killa I would have backed out of that rather that drive myself into a wall. I blame you Wally for being out of position  ;D
What a nice smart ar* comment...easy to say in hindsight. You realise we're on cold tyres? If you want a clear track you've got to qualify first. I had to assume that you drive fairly and leave me space. By the time I realised you won't do that it was too late...hitting the brakes then doesn't make a difference.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 11:54:36 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 08:16:34 AM »

Yeah, that qualifying glitch kinda buggered my race start. I had the right idea to drop back to my rightful place (I did a real 22.8 in qualy) but I was off line and fast at the last corner, taking a narrow line and I didn't pull it up in time to avoid Ablearcher83 who was rightfully turning into the corner. It spun me and dropped me to the back, but it was fun racing back through the field.

The Supercar was a tale of woe though, with spins, hitting walls and other spun cars, repairs in pit stops and getting lapped twice. One to be forgotten, especially after finishing 2nd the week before.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »
What a nice smart ar* comment...easy to say in hindsight. You realise we're on cold tyres? If you want a clear track you've got to qualify first. I had to assume that you drive fairly and leave me space. By the time I realised you won't do that it was too late...hitting the brakes then doesn't make a difference.

I don't think you get my humor, but if you think I'm being a smart arse perhaps there was more malice to you calling me a hero than I first thought.

Yes you out-qualified me, and yes I admitted from the start it was my fault and apologized. Having Wally there was frustrating as it had me off line and off pace, and the car wouldn't turn in, I moved across far more than I intended, breaking Wally's rules so I take the penalty. However, looking at the replay from a couple of angles I do think you could have avoided that if you weren't so adamant on keeping the position. I was never going to try and fight you; I only needed 2nd to start at the front in the main race.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 08:48:10 AM »
The Supercar was a tale of woe though, with spins, hitting walls and other spun cars, repairs in pit stops and getting lapped twice. One to be forgotten, especially after finishing 2nd the week before.

At least you finished.. blowing the engine on the last lap after getting knocked back to last, and clawing my way back to 3rd was a bitter pill to swallow  ;D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »

I don't think you get my humor, but if you think I'm being a smart arse perhaps there was more malice to you calling me a hero than I first thought.

Yes you out-qualified me, and yes I admitted from the start it was my fault and apologized. Having Wally there was frustrating as it had me off line and off pace, and the car wouldn't turn in, I moved across far more than I intended, breaking Wally's rules so I take the penalty. However, looking at the replay from a couple of angles I do think you could have avoided that if you weren't so adamant on keeping the position. I was never going to try and fight you; I only needed 2nd to start at the front in the main race.
Nah...no jokes needed...and what you've done was crap, rather than heroic...so there was a lot of sarcasm in my previous comment. I was pretty pissed off last night. Does that surprise you? I mean I qualified well and wanted to win this race of course...it is a race in the end, isn't it? It's very hard to overtake there...got stuck behind Freezer although I was a lot faster...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 09:09:28 AM »
Nah...no jokes needed...and what you've done was crap, rather than heroic...so there was a lot of sarcasm in my previous comment. I was pretty pissed off last night. Does that surprise you? I mean I qualified well and wanted to win this race of course...it is a race in the end, isn't it? It's very hard to overtake there...got stuck behind Freezer although I was a lot faster...

You really need an attitude adjustment. We're all human, it's a game, I made a mistake, I admitted that. Phil took me out race 2, you see me here with a shitty attitude towards him? No, because I respect him as a good clean racer and he made a simple mistake.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 09:21:50 AM »
I was just too aggressive after Joe's glorious move...you're a hero...

Thanks. I try my best.

... I didn't touch you, you hit the wall on your own and bounced off me...

No, you need an attitude adjustment. No need to make fun. You f'd up my race...and there's no apology either.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »
No, you need an attitude adjustment. No need to make fun. You f'd up my race...and there's no apology either.

I'm done with this conversation. I apologized on discord when it happened and I took responsibility on the forum. I did make another observation after watching the replay, which you don't have to agree with, but continuing to attack me on the forum over a simple mistake shows a lack of respect. Take it somewhere else.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »
Guys, sort it out like mature gentlemen please. We're here to have fun, no one is getting physically injured or losing money, mistakes happen (especially on cold ute tyres). Nobody is being deliberately malicious on track. Mudslinging or personal attacks on the forum are not going to be tolerated. If you want to duke it out, do so via PMs in private.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
Well I had a nightmare. Crashes into the wall, into Able, Brad, Wally and everyone I could find. A too early extended pitstop and extreme worn tyres. Being passed by Brad as if I'm a snail.  :'(

But it was all made worthwhile as I waved to Joe and his broken  pony on the last lap   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2020, 04:43:11 PM »
But it was all made worthwhile as I waved to Joe and his broken  pony on the last lap   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I heard you laughing... reminiscent of last week when I ran out of fuel

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2020, 10:19:47 PM »
Well I had a nightmare. Crashes into the wall, into Able, Brad, Wally and everyone I could find. A too early extended pitstop and extreme worn tyres. Being passed by Brad as if I'm a snail.  :'(....

Hey, you're saying that like it's a bad thing  :P Seldom am I ever the one doing the passing

I must admit last night was extremely frustrating. Whilst this was always going to be a tough night I felt I under delivered with the potential speed I had (especially in the supercar race) and I never really found my true pace in the ute until late in the race (due to my lack of practice in them). Qualifying down in 10th didn't help things as I stuffed up my hot lap and then got caught out by running out of time to complete a lap due to how we had to complete 1.5 laps before our actual timed lap begun, I managed to miss starting my lap by about 15 seconds.... :-\

Even thought I got a reasonable start in the utes but managed to get turned around early on and later got caught up in another people's accidents which left me chasing Freezer towards the end of the race but I could never really get close enough to even think about anything. For some reason I found it took a very long time to get temp into these tyres where was everywhere as every other round thus far, I had this issue of frying the tyres a couple of laps from race ends..... :'(

My supercar start from 7th was a little better managing to miss most of the mess at the start and I found myself in 4th until I had a coming together with Wally and Mael. I'm not really sure what happened but what I do know is that Wally and I were using different lines for the final hairpin and I think we both met on the apex with a bit of side-by-side contact just as Mael made contact with one of us, resulting in us all spinning....From then on I just tried as hard as I could trying to not make a mistake whilst trying to be quick but not destroying the tyres. I thought I was going well until I mashed the throttle too hard coming onto the pit straight resulting in a soft spin and losing more places and then later clipped Abe going the wrong way after he'd spun....I then caught back up to Wally for a few more laps until he pitted at which my car kept on getting faster and faster and so I decided to run a little longer than planned and pitted very late where an overcut put me quite a way in front of Wally and hot on the chase for Mael  8) As the laps ticked over I found being able to run high 9's and low 10s and so I was able to cruise up the Mael who looked like he'd run out of tyres making for an unusually easy pass.  From then I just pushed on after Freezer but by then he was 17s up the road and I could only peg that back to 14s by race's end. 

What I found interesting about this track was something I head Jochen Mass say on the Beyond the Grid podcast I was listening to it this afternoon. He said, sometimes there are tracks where speed alone won't get the job done, you need to just drive quickly and wait for others to make mistakes and then take your opportunities when they come. If only I'd heard that before race night as this rang true for a lot of my night at Denver.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 08:10:56 AM by bradc »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2020, 09:24:51 AM »
...there are tracks where speed alone won't get the job done, you need to just drive quickly and wait for others to make mistakes and then take your opportunities when they come.
That's very good advice, and how I get most of my passes!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 07:43:26 AM »
Sorry guys for my no show,i fell asleep on the couch and  indeed i tried to crawl to the PC but ,,ye....i was too tired.

But i read the saga between Joe and  Killa....WOW!!!   I loved it!!!   C`mon Killa,,,,,,,see you next tuesday!!!!!!!  do not be silly!!!  And you Joe,,,,,you are a HERO for many of us here at XGN :-* :-* :-*

LOLOLOLOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal