Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 22551 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S14R3: Brands Hatch GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
I can probably add a 10 second post-race time penalty if you set a best qualifying lap with a cut in it. The onus will be on the driver to slow down if they cut during a hot lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 07:45:10 PM »
I can probably add a 10 second post-race time penalty if you set a best qualifying lap with a cut in it. The onus will be on the driver to slow down if they cut during a hot lap.
You could, but it would anyway require some flexibility. For example, one might set their best lap with a cut even if they slow down, simply because they then do not manage a clean lap after that. In that case they should perhaps be forgiven, or at leave given the chance to redress (i.e. go to the spot they would have been in with their best no-cut lap) during formation lap if we have running starts.

All in all, it seems to be a very hard thing to police, so maybe the best thing is to leave it to a gentlemen agreement and have the threat that a 10 seconds penalty after the race will apply in the very unlikely case that one says nothing and does nothing about it. The gentlemen agreement could be of the type:

1. if you have a cut, you should try your best to slow down and set a time that is not at all competitive, at least compared to your average laptimes.
2. if then it happens that the cut is on the last corner and you do not react in time (or you do not want to jeopardize what might be your last lap) then you should say this over teamspeak and Wally will tell you how to redress (perhaps staying a few seconds in the pit after tyres are changed or redressing during formation lap when this is a thing).
3. if you do not repsect either 1 or 2 and Wally notices it at the end, then you get some harsh punishment (time, or gridballast if DNF).

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 07:55:50 PM »
But i do not understand sorry.Is the game giving you the invalid lap warning when you cut the track?Can we use it during the qual time? 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 08:03:02 PM »
But i do not understand sorry.Is the game giving you the invalid lap warning when you cut the track?Can we use it during the qual time?
Yes, if you cut during qualifying, PLP will flash a yellow message that says "Invalid lap, slow down". Everyone should be able to notice that.

3. if you do not repsect either 1 or 2 and Wally notices it at the end, then you get some harsh punishment (time, or gridballast if DNF).
I don't want to do any "noticing" :)
I just want it to be fully automated. I think you should be able to lift if you cut during a qualifying lap and "discard" that lap yourself, knowing that if you set a qualifying time with that lap, you'll be penalised at the end of the race.

It's not that I think people are cutting deliberately to set a qual time - my overall goal is to make the race night just stressful enough, as that's part of racing in my opinion - e.g. that added mental pressure to not cut during a qualifying hot lap. That's why I'd love to have pit lane speed limits enforced too, with a manual pit limiter. Just that little bit more to think about. Racing is all about finding the edge.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 09:32:54 PM »
On another topic:

Someone mentioned last night that AC was taking longer to load recently. I had noticed the same thing. So I uninstalled RSRlivetiming ( specifically assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\RSRLiveWeb ) and AC is loading as normal again. May not work for everyone but it did for me.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Yes, if you cut during qualifying, PLP will flash a yellow message that says "Invalid lap, slow down". Everyone should be able to notice that.

I don't want to do any "noticing" :)
I just want it to be fully automated. I think you should be able to lift if you cut during a qualifying lap and "discard" that lap yourself, knowing that if you set a qualifying time with that lap, you'll be penalised at the end of the race.

It's not that I think people are cutting deliberately to set a qual time - my overall goal is to make the race night just stressful enough, as that's part of racing in my opinion - e.g. that added mental pressure to not cut during a qualifying hot lap. That's why I'd love to have pit lane speed limits enforced too, with a manual pit limiter. Just that little bit more to think about. Racing is all about finding the edge.
Oh, yes, sorry, automated. I forgot you like it automated ;) I am starting to think GB does not actually exist in real life and he's just one of your apps. It automatically goes 1 second per lap faster than the fastest of the humans.... to make the race night just stressful enough ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 11:14:40 PM »
Damn, you're onto me and my bots...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 12:13:20 AM »
On another topic:

Someone mentioned last night that AC was taking longer to load recently. I had noticed the same thing. So I uninstalled RSRlivetiming ( specifically assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\RSRLiveWeb ) and AC is loading as normal again. May not work for everyone but it did for me.
Just tried this and it made a big difference to navigating the menus........ thanks Gratulin.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 01:19:07 AM »

PLP gives the warning but the game doesn't invalidate the lap if penalties are set to off as we have on race server. If we have in game penalties on and lap invalidation in qualy then it would also have the stupid slowdown penalties in race, so we have to go by the plp app flashing and saying lap invalid with people needing to slow to avoid that being their fastest lap.

In some cases someone may do a very slow invalid lap for example hornbag who only did one qualy lap of 3 minutes something, at that point there is no need to add any time penalty to their race. When backing off on an earlier cut lap you should ensure you go slow enough that you will easily be able to beat this on a half decent clean lap by a fair margin to avoid risking a penalty post race.

Its not that people are exploiting the rule but its a big part of qualy to get some clean track and set a clean valid lap. If there is no penalty for qualifying invalid then some may be less gentlemen about it then others. Many already do abort cut laps but some maybe didnt know they had to or simply think they have not gained so it should be valid. As PLP isnt corner specific then we just need to use the track limits as it sets them and these are fairly soft overall. If some push limits more then others it just gives them a little less margin so if they run wide or cut its just bad luck and that lap should be abandoned.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
Thanks for the special mention Wally  :)

I've always liked Brands Hatch with its undulations and blinds corners, but never seemed to perform well here. With no practice prior to the Tuesday evening my thoughts were resigned to that of another poor performance. With the qualifying result in this was looking to be another one of those nights.

Race 1 was very much still a learning endeavour for me, lap by lap scouting out the tarmac and lines. Not much overtaking per se more so capitilising on other peoples errors saw me picking my way up the leaderboard. Then a few own goals towards the end (due to some distractions outside the immersion) dropped me back a couple of spots to finish 14th.

Race 2 on the other hand was great! I had seemed have got my eye in during R1 and I was following Bacchulum closely for a number of laps after the start. I few slip ups saw me fall away from the pack to I took the opportunity to pit. I came out circulating for a while then Nith and Mael jumped out of the pits which led to a great stoush till pretty much the end and some point along the way Seanus joined the pack. Kudos to Nith, I was a bit nervous going side by side through a few turns given the chatter around round 1, but very gentlemanly leaving racing room and if my memory serves me correctly not even a touch. Mael, great racing as well, a few elbows between us but redressed were necessary thank you. My apologies for almost turning you in turn one I did not realise we had the slightest of overlaps.

Can't wait to tidy up my race and be more consistent to see where it lands me in the placings.

See you next week.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 10:34:19 PM »

When am I?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 10:41:39 PM »

When am I?

Are you one of Wally's bots.   :o

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 10:50:21 PM »

When am I?

Are you one of Wally's bots.   :o
Marty! Don't start the test before the time! Are you a blade runner?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 07:43:30 AM »
0xfe4c826b Guybot activate$enable.

When he scans this with his eyeballs, he'll be even faster.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
I'm looking for John Connor.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal