Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R2: Sebring Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R2: Sebring Post-Race Chat  (Read 9739 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R2: Sebring Post-Race Chat
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »
Kcender and Jeremy power up the standings into 1st and 2nd place, courtesy of their wins.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   74
Jeremy   71
Phil.8   60
Wally   59
Matthew111   58
Freezer   57
Mael   49
Keith   47
killagorilla   45
ab156   44
RussG   38
Shayne   36
Steve Lewis   36
Bacchulum   33
Dave O   32
Rob   31
AbleArcher83   27
Fly   15
Seanus   0

Congratulations to Kcender on pole and the race 1 win, and to Jeremy for the wins in races 2 and 3.

Penalties
This round kept the stewards busy...

Race 1
Shayne ran into the back of Freezer, which ended up putting Mael into the wall – 25 kg ballast penalty.

Jeremy had a big warp and appeared on top of Bacchulum in turn 1.

Fly was off-track and re-entered unsafely, hitting Seanus – 25 kg ballast penalty.

Race 2
Kcender came in too hot under brakes and ran into Phil, sending him off track – 25 kg penalty ballast.

Kcender, Killagorilla and Bacchulum were 3 wide into a corner. Kcender took some kerb, Killagorilla went a bit sideways, and it all ended in tears, but no penalties – racing incident.

Race 3
A few corners in, it got a bit ugly. Jeremy touched Kcender while turning in, making Kcender slow and then Bacchulum ran into Kcender and spun. From there, it was a bit like ten pin bowling, with several cars getting caught up in the aftermath. It all unfolded from a racing incident, so no penalties.

Season Podium
1. Kcender87, 74
2. Jeremy, 71
3. Phil.8, 70
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:09:55 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S23R2: Sebring Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »
Yay, Smellstra got my cable working at 9:51PM.  Perfect timing.  Hope you had a good run.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 11:10:49 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:41:54 PM »
I had a great round, points wise, with two 5ths and a 6th. That's my best Tuesday night result for a long time.

In race 1, I was under a bit of pressure from Shayne early on, but he had some sort of incident, leaving me with a fairly nice gap front and back, so I could concentrate on just putting in consistently clean laps.

Race 2 was a long chase of Bacchulum, with ab156 in extermely close pursuit, but I couldn't quite catch Bacchulum. With the wind coming from a different direction and picking up in speed (I think it was a tail wind in the final corner), the rear end of my car was a bit loose and I oversteered in the final corner on one of my laps, losing some time to Bacchulum.

Race 3 was a great battle with Freezer, Killagorilla and Keith, with some very close, hard racing. I felt like I was a bit bottled up by Killa, having more speed, but I couldn't make a pass and Freezer and Keith capitalised nicely and passed me while I was looking for a way around Killa. Sorry for the collision Keith - I put one rear tyre on the grass coming into the corner and oversteered into your path there, which broke up a nice pack. I was chasing Killa on the final lap when he ran just a fraction wide coming onto the final straight, allowing me to get a run past him and tucked it in the inside of the final corner, to finish just 0.1 of a second in front of him.

Apologies too to Matthew in race 3 - maybe I should have had more awareness and left you more racing room when we collided, or maybe you weren't up far enough ;) That was a lineball one, but I was probably at fault there.

With me being "busiest" in races 2 and 3, it's no wonder I was sweating by the end of the night. It was some great racing.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
Yes, Wally, I messed up the last turn before the long straight last lap of race 3...coming out of it too slow and then making the mistake of downshifting on top of it. I knew that's it and I couldn't avoid you passing me. I then gained a bit in the last turn...not enough...damn!!!
It's the first time I raced this track. I find it very challenging, but great fun. Right to the very end of race 3 there were still some turns I struggled with.
Bacchulum, at the moment of our incident I thought you were hitting me and ending my race and not vice versa as you've said. Well, of course, I can be wrong. Strangely enough just that race wasn't recorded so I still don't really know what exactly happened. You're a good racer, so if it really was my fault then please accept my apologies.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 08:52:27 AM »
I need to look at replays to work out what happened last night. :-\
Three times I was driving along with no other cars in my monitors, when the world started spinning.
That contributed to my hitting kcender in R3.
I took a quick glance in my mirror to ensure I was clear, looked back forward and saw kcender slowing, no time to react. :'(
Shame quit after that. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
Sorry all - lacking a bit of quality in my driving this week - apologies to Phil for R2 (took avoiding action up the inside to the hairpin due to braking a bit too late and was hoping to miss you and Jeremy but didnt - hopefully my redressing didint get in peoples way thereafter) - also apologies to Matt on R3 in the first complex (light touch as a result of me being a bit optimistic up the inside resulting in a tank slapper - again sorry to others if my redressing this incident then got in the way)

Otherwise good times :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »
`
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 03:08:36 PM »
`

Enough said?

For myself the results were not good but still had a fun night with loads of battles. The sad part was taking my team mate out in race 2 after a altercation with Russ, hopefully the favor can be returned later in the season  :P

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »
`

Enough said?

For myself the results were not good but still had a fun night with loads of battles. The sad part was taking my team mate out in race 2 after a altercation with Russ, hopefully the favor can be returned later in the season  :P

It was meant to say you had a lot of pace here kcender, I still never found the extra time.

How did you not get that from  ,

I have man flu and am obviously delirious

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 07:41:43 PM »
Yeah couldnt find any comfort in the car here to match kcenders pace, Qual made a last ditch setup change from jeremys set and it helped me get 3rd for qual a big jump from prac results.

Race 1 was aiming for 3rd as that was realistic, had to fend phil for a bit but then got into a groove behind jeremy and pulled away with some decent pace that i was happy with.

Race 2 led for a bit at the start then went slightly wide coming on the back straight and jeremy got the run on me which i was cool with as he had good pace, was cruising in 2nd and had kcender catch me at the end and i was fine to hold him off but then just had a bucket of understeer coming on to the back straight again on the last lap and he also got a run on me, no idea how i did that was annoying lol

race 3 got a light hit by kcender at the start that sent the car into a tank slap and put me to 6th, then tried getting a spot back and wally, had a run exiting the tight 90deg right hander in s1 and tried a move up the inside into the next right hander, i felt i was past the b pillar as i went into the turn i saw wally start to turn across so i backed out of it just before the apex which was too late and we tagged, if i didnt back off at the last second we prob would of just rubbed doors and thats it. so i went back outside the 10 and finished 11th.
do you even motorsports?

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 06:59:05 PM »
Bacchulum, at the moment of our incident I thought you were hitting me and ending my race and not vice versa as you've said. Well, of course, I can be wrong. Strangely enough just that race wasn't recorded so I still don't really know what exactly happened. You're a good racer, so if it really was my fault then please accept my apologies.
No apology needed.
I just looked at the replay and I did make prior contact with you. :-[
I didn't feel it on the night but I pulled out too late, rubbed/hit the back of you which got you loose, which eventually put you back into me (the bit I did feel).
I deserved the wreck, you didn't, my apologies. :-[ :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »

I didn't feel it on the night but I pulled out too late,

We have all been there

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 07:45:07 PM »

I didn't feel it on the night but I pulled out too late,

We have all been there

ROFL ^ extra championship point for that one

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 08:05:30 PM »
You're bad Mr. Phil.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal