Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R5: Deutschlandring

Author Topic: S28R5: Deutschlandring  (Read 24214 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S28R5: Deutschlandring
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2019, 11:04:47 PM »
I had surprisingly good races myself, fairly error free and getting faster and faster, with a 3:17.5 in race 1. By the last couple of laps, the car was feeling pretty oversteery and a bit unpredictable.  Near the end of the second race, I clipped one of the hay bales with 2 laps to go, which broke my suspension and turned my steering wheel off centre and cost me 2 places, so that was annoying to finish the race like that, but apart from that, good fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2019, 07:50:36 AM »
What a great track, even the hill climb.
Had a good race1, stayed out of trouble made a good pass at the end of the straight.
Race 2 started ok was up a couple of places, made another good pass around the outside of a ferrari in the twisty bits before the bridge. Then a ferrari sitting long was across the track coming into the stadium, I lined him up to pass aft, then he started to move I looked at the car and went where I was looking. Damit. To the other driver, mea culpa!
Looking forward to some serious drafting next week.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
I had a very average quali, almost losing out completely there :)  2 mistakes on outlaps (the 2nd was hitting the haybales on the last corner!) saw me just having enough time to complete a flying lap.  I was very careful not to fuck that up.

In both races Joe gave me a position early on, that I duly gave back later, hehe.

First race was awesome, Phil you were giving me lots of pressure, and thankfully did not manage to take my position (just!).   The only podium finish for the season, yay!

By the second race Phil has found his pace, and Joe always had his, so I was just lapping in between, trying not to hit anything too hard - which I've managed.

I simply cannot keep the car consistently power-sliding around corners - which is incidentally what's needed for quick cornering.   The top three were lapping in 11's I was in the 13's - no contest.

Still, this was a hugely enjoyable track, and so I did.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
Good night for me. Qualified 2nd and got away well keeping position. Lap 1 through the hairpins I oversteered on exit into the fence but luckily it didn't cause much damage. Bird and Phil got by but at the next hairpin Phil went out wide and I slipped up the inside. I chased Bird for a couple of laps getting closer until eventually I was close enough through the final turn to get a slipsteam down the straight and get by. After that was alone as GB was off into the distance.

Race 2 I had a crappy start; I put it into 2nd way too early and bogged down. That had Phil up the inside and Bird on the outside with what looked like a potential 3 wide T1 but I think Bird decided to back out a little and Phil got by. I then went around the outside of Phil on the big sweeping right at the bottom of the hill and we went side by side through the hairpin before the twisty bits. Phil was fair enough ahead that I had to concede the next corner. Later in the lap I made another mistake and Bird got by, but a couple of laps later he also made a mistake and gave the position back. After that Phil had found some space and he and GB were around 2 seconds ahead of me. I was doing about the same pace and any time I tried to push to close the gap I made mistakes so I just settled for the same pace and hoped that one of them may make a mistake, which Phil did on the last lap and I was able to storm up the inside and take 2nd.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »
Race 1 bad shit happened. :(
Race 2 more of the same. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »
... but I think Bird decided to back out a little....

Ah, yes; I thought we were 2-wide, but when I've realised it's a threesome I kept back; I did not think I had anything to gain by sticking in there but we had everything to lose :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »
... but I think Bird decided to back out a little....

Ah, yes; I thought we were 2-wide, but when I've realised it's a threesome I kept back; I did not think I had anything to gain by sticking in there but we had everything to lose :)

Hah yep I did exactly the same thing last week

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »
Gotta Say super fun track to drive and suits the GPL cars to a T.
My goal going into the race was qualify near the back end ( but i couldn't even manage to a put in a quali lap ) avoid the early lap carnage which i did in both races only to wipe out in both races trying to avoid cars on the track on the blind high speed turns. 1st wipe out was losing control while trying to avoid only to end up getting in some one elses way. 2nd race i had a split second to decide go left or right went left when right would of been the better option in hindsight.
After these wipe outs i pushed to hard to try to catch up and that didn't go well .
Question i do have is my car handled quite differently on the race server than what it did on the practice server. eg : the second corner i could power thru and the car would oversteer enough to get around with ease. But i had to back off mid corner and sometimes brake to avoid going off track. The same for the first left hand sequence after the banked curve section. Also the tyre pressure was way off i had to add +2 to each tyre . I didn't notice this untill end of qualifying. Did the practice server have different track and air temps than the race server ? Or might my fps played a roll and caused input lag as my fps halved from the practice server to the race server, eg" 29 in pit lane compared to 57 on the practice server.

Overall good fun, keen for next week and be glad to have another week of practice in AC and with the gpl cars.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2019, 07:06:41 PM »
The practice server was running the temps of the 2nd race, and the 1st was quite a bit cooler, hence the pressure difference.
The practice server also has 100% grip, while the race server will start at 98% and build up, which can effect handling.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2019, 07:09:02 PM »
Question i do have is my car handled quite differently on the race server than what it did on the practice server. eg : the second corner i could power thru and the car would oversteer enough to get around with ease. But i had to back off mid corner and sometimes brake to avoid going off track. The same for the first left hand sequence after the banked curve section. Also the tyre pressure was way off i had to add +2 to each tyre . I didn't notice this untill end of qualifying. Did the practice server have different track and air temps than the race server ? Or might my fps played a roll and caused input lag as my fps halved from the practice server to the race server, eg" 29 in pit lane compared to 57 on the practice server.

On the practice server we usually have tire warmers on so that will make it feel different to begin with. Race server will take time for tyres to come up to temp and pressures.

Also the practice server is set to 100% grip but Wally starts the race server lower (somewhere around 95% I think), and then allows the grip to increase through practice and qually.

Wally also changes track and air temp between races on race night, so the practice server will just be set to one of those.

29fps in the pits would have meant very low FPS though the trees. I was getting 80fps in the pits with cars around (was 100ish on my own), and I was dropping into the high 50s through the trees so you were probably going very low fps. This track is probably the most depending I've noticed on fps though so hopefully next week will be better.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2019, 07:21:58 PM »
The track grips starts at 98% in practice, and increases from there to reach 100% somewhere during the race.

The practice server always has the weather conditions of the 1:00pm race (usually the middle race of the three). I use real temperatures for the times of day in the real location, so the 1st (morning) race is often quite a bit cooler than the midday race, but the 3rd (afternoon) race is usually pretty close to the middle race. I always post up what the temperatures are going to be for each of the races in the race thread.

Also, each race can have different real world wind speed and direction too, so that can change the handling of the cars from race to race.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »
Thanks for replies.  I did see the temps you listed Wally, I just presumed one was track and the other was for air temps.
Might have to plug my good pc in for races or buy a another new  one :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
Race 1 bad shit happened. :(
Race 2 more of the same. :(

Caught the same disease  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal