Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC league discussion

Author Topic: ACC league discussion  (Read 26730 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
ACC league discussion
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:45:58 PM »
With multiplayer ACC coming later in the year, I want to canvass some opinions about an ACC league. I know not everyone will be interested in ACC, but I expect many will. I expect some people will be happy to keep racing in AC. So what are people's thoughts?

Alternate AC and ACC seasons?
Have an AC league one night and an ACC league another night?
Don't have an ACC league at all? (that option has the risk that people will leave for other leagues running ACC to get their multiplayer fix)

Edit: Or alternate AC and ACC weeks.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:35:31 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: ACC league discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »
Hey Wally, might be a moot point for me as I'm not sure my graphics card is up to the task.

But if I had a choice it would be alternating AC and ACC Seasons on Tuesday nights for the serious racers and keep Thursday as it currently is i.e. fun night with older race cars for those of us who just want to have fun without the aggression.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »
Hey Wally, might be a moot point for me as I'm not sure my graphics card is up to the task.

But if I had a choice it would be alternating AC and ACC Seasons on Tuesday nights for the serious racers and keep Thursday as it currently is i.e. fun night with older race cars for those of us who just want to have fun without the aggression.
What he said. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »

Aren't  you running a 970 now Rob? Same card as me and I'd never even considered it wouldn't be able to handle ACC. I'm guessing triples maxed out would be a stretch but fairly sure turning a few setting down should still get the desired frame rate.

Also agree with alternating. I think 3 nights a week would be too much,

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 04:17:35 PM »
Yes, the hardware requirements can certainly be a limiting factor. It will be interesting to see the performance when the 1st single player version is available.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 05:39:17 PM »
Mirror the real season. So use ACC on the Tuesdays that line up with a real Blancpain round.

We could do this with AC and V8Corsa too.

Other Iconic events could be mirrored also, if an AC mod and track is available.

XGN series' could be run concurrently and/or shoehorned into available breaks.

Should still be enough holes in all the schedules to run Fun Runs, Recruitment nights and Mod testing etc.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »
I realise i am not racing presently but would going fortnightly for both leagues work? That way the AC-only people don't need to sit out an entire season?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
I realise i am not racing presently but would going fortnightly for both leagues work? That way the AC-only people don't need to sit out an entire season?
Yes, that's an option I forgot about, for exactly that reason. That's probably my preferred option, personally.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
Aren't  you running a 970 now Rob? Same card as me and I'd never even considered it wouldn't be able to handle ACC. I'm guessing triples maxed out would be a stretch but fairly sure turning a few setting down should still get the desired frame rate.

Hi Joe, I hope you are right, but with all this talk of needing RTX2080's at nearly $2,000 I had become slightly disheartened. I guess we will know when it is finally released. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

I do like Andrew's alternating fortnightly Seasons idea and Seanus' idea of dovetailing real racing events into the calendar where possible.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »
Doing week about would mean I miss out on one or the other because of my work roster. Maybe two weeks ac one acc? I like Seanus' ideas

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
Maybe Tuesdays playing for the sheep farm with ACC and Thursdays for fun with AC ?
For me personally I would race only sometimes with ACC if I even get it as its really not interesting at all
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »

Maybe that would oversaturate the year with GT3s, as that's 26 weeks of Blancpain. :o
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 12:56:18 PM »
That's one of my issues with ACC is how it will divide an already small Kunos community
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
Just a thought Wally, how about a poll to gauge how many of us are likely to purchase ACC.

Would give some indication into the interest here for the title.  ;)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2018, 06:40:40 PM »
It's early days yet. Multiplayer won't come out till November, apparently. I'm just getting people thinking about it, and gathering opinions. There will be lots of time to see who buys it, who's interested etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal