Xtreme Gaming Network

Current Status of Race Videos.

Author Topic: Current Status of Race Videos.  (Read 8317 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Current Status of Race Videos.
« on: January 17, 2017, 11:39:22 PM »
 You're probably wondering why there have been no race videos from me for a while.  I was originally using Sony Vegas Pro but it has started crashing constantly and I'm lucky if 1 out of 8 times trying to render a video (2hrs each) it might work without crashing and finish rendering for me to upload.

So I trialed Adobe Premiere Pro through Adobe cloud. This trial ended 2 weeks ago and I simply cannot afford $22-23 per month on a disability pension just to make 4-8 videos per month.  I did think about asking for donations of $6-10 per person as a once off per year to help with the subscription fee and If I got enough to pay half of the total 12 months cost then I would happily pay the other half.  But I don't do this for money. I make videos because I enjoy doing it and I want others who race in them and those who don't to enjoy them, and in hope that it advertises XGN because it's a great place to be a part of.

I'm currently looking around on ebay to see if I can find an older version of Adobe premiere pro that's affordable.  But if anyone has any suggestions I'm open anything.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:00:51 AM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Current Status of Race Videos.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 12:07:41 AM »
Why would you pay for software?

http://alternativeto.net/software/adobe-premiere-pro/?license=opensource&platform=windows

Failing that I'm sure you could plunder some from the internet, argh!
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 12:16:43 AM »

That ^^

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:18:37 AM »

http://alternativeto.net/software/adobe-premiere-pro/?license=opensource&platform=windows

Tried open source ones before and didn't like them much and couldn't get the right format to do 1080p on youtube that wasn't massive GB filesizes.  I'm downloading adobe premiere elements 15 trial to see how that compares, to buy that is A$142.99 I think, that's at least reasonable and affordable for me and useable for years to come without having to pay more.  And couldn't find what I wanted off the internetz I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:24:32 AM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »

And couldn't find what I wanted off the internetz I'm afraid.

Really? My site of choice had CC 2015 and CC 2017

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
Yeah, I've only ever paid for two pieces of software in 27 years. Grand Prix 3 (2000) and Assetto Corsa (2016)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:08:54 PM by GzeroD »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »
Yeah, I've only ever paid for two pieces of software in 27 years. Grand Prix 3 (2000) and Assetto Corsa (2016)
Nothing to be proud off, if the creators do not get paid we soon run out of creators !!!!!!!!
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
Nothing to be proud off, if the creators do not get paid we soon run out of creators !!!!!!!!

Now let's not get into an argument over Imaginary property, I don't seem to be gaining traction with my one over 'Track Limits'. Suffice it to say 'If it's copyable it's copyable'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal