Xtreme Gaming Network

Going to The Bend in July to watch GTs and TCR

Author Topic: Going to The Bend in July to watch GTs and TCR  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Going to The Bend in July to watch GTs and TCR
« on: May 19, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »
My wife and I are going The Bend July 12-13 for the Shannon's Nationals : https://www.thebend.com.au/events/2019-shannons-nationals-round-3

Featuring:

TCR - making their The Bend debut!
    AusGT - Australian Endurance Championship
    Sports Sedan Series
    Formula 4

Let me know if anyone else is going and wants to catch up there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Going to The Bend in July to watch GTs and TCR
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
That looks like an event worth going to sometime, unfortunately this year is not possible :(
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 07:53:21 AM »
If I was not leaving for the UK the next week I would be there, please let us know of any other good events that are taking place there, I really want to see this complex.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »
I'm about to head off to this... it's very cold, and raining. Horrible conditions to race in.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 08:18:14 PM »
The Bend's not a bad motorsport facility. It has a big welcome centre with a range of modern and historic racing cars on display, a hotel and a restaurant that looks out on pit straight. There are good viewing positions on the level 2 outdoor balcony and a few grandstands. The circuit actually has a bit of elevation change, enough to make the corners a little blind.

The GT3s had a very small field, only 10 cars, 2 of which were GT4 KTM's, with Whincup and Van Gisbergen in two separate teams. The cars sounded great. Interestingly, in the Australian GT3 series, the cars have a set handicapped pitstop time, based on qualifying position and driver rating.

The TCR racing was entertaining, with 19 starters and the usual touring car bump and grind. Ingall, Tander, Bright, D'Alberto, Moffat and Heimgartner were among the drivers. The cars sound a lot more dynamic than on TV, with a lot of backfire and snap, crackle and pop. In our next season, the Seat Leon has got the raspy, poppy sound down pretty accurately.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 07:51:50 PM »
Sounds like its worth a visit
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal