Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info

Author Topic: Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info  (Read 8345 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info
« on: September 08, 2021, 07:39:41 PM »
Season 39 is based on the GT1 series of 2010.

Sign up for the season at the car dealer HERE. If you don't have a login at the car dealer, PM me (Wally) your Steam ID and your racing name.
If you want to use a custom skin, or use the same skin every week, enter the skin folder name in the car dealer, e.g. "101" (without the quotes).

Cars
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WmKAjMOetAUIBMOyLEzFPonH1fRKZPj/view?usp=sharing

Pick a car and keep it for the whole season.

Schedule
Season schedule and track downloads are HERE. The season starts Sep 14 and finishes Nov 2.

Tracks
Silverstone
Brno
Paul Ricard
Spa
Nurburgring
Interlagos
Algarve
Zolder

Format
15 min qualifying session, starting at 8:30 pm Eastern, followed by 2 races of 30 mins (progressive grid - where you finish the first race is where you start the second one). Each race has a mandatory pitstop for tyres. You can refuel if you like. There is no pit window.

8-6-4-3-2-1 for the first qualifying race.
25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for the second championship race.

Penalty for causing an avoidable lap 1 incident is 20 kg ballast for race 1 only of the next round.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:51:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 07:24:37 AM »
Yeah, you're right about the cars and the era. I went by Wikipedia "The FIA GT1 World Championship was a world championship sports car racing series, developed by the SRO Group and regulated by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), that was held from 2010 to 2012.", and based the tracks and regs on that series.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »
Wow, these bring back some memories, I remember racing these on a 1967 version of Kyalami and it was electric! Pretty simple old school circuit which was ultra fast and produced very close racing

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 09:43:27 AM »
Please sign up for the season even if you only intend to make some of the races. It's easier for me if everyone who intends to race is signed up at the start of the season.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 11:02:49 AM »
Hi Wally, I have downloaded cars from first post but I get a checksum error when trying to join the practice server in the Lister Storm.

rob

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 12:13:36 PM »
On my comeback I managed to join with the Lambo, then failed the next attempt with a checksum error. The only change I made was on the view setting but not sure if it would make a difference? Replacing the car files fixed the problem for me.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 01:39:51 PM »
Hi Wally, I have downloaded cars from first post but I get a checksum error when trying to join the practice server in the Lister Storm.

rob
Hi Rob, I'll check tonight. I remember in the fun run, a few people couldn't join (whereas others could). It checksums wgatever's in the car's data folder. It might pay to delete the cars entirely and extract them again.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »

rob
I had the same problem Rob. I re downloaded and re installed and fixed the problem. Try re installing first though.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 06:12:24 PM »
Thanks Wally and Denis,
I tried just overwriting with newest download, but then deleted all the cars and installed again using Content Manager, but still cannot connect. I'll try again tomorrow.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 09:01:33 PM »
Thanks Wally and Denis,
I tried just overwriting with newest download, but then deleted all the cars and installed again using Content Manager, but still cannot connect. I'll try again tomorrow.
It's strange Rob. I can connect with the Storm OK. I can see that you've connected with other cars. Have you done something like replaced the sound with another car (although I don't think that would affect checksums)?
If you look in your assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_gt_tornado_v12\data folder and sort by date modified, are there any files in there that have been modified very recently?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 10:01:09 PM »
What are the ideal pressures in these or does it differ? Just tried a few of the cars and just went for the one where I was fastest with default setup.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2021, 09:58:57 AM »
It's strange Rob. I can connect with the Storm OK. I can see that you've connected with other cars. Have you done something like replaced the sound with another car (although I don't think that would affect checksums)?
If you look in your assettocorsa\content\cars\rss_gt_tornado_v12\data folder and sort by date modified, are there any files in there that have been modified very recently?

Thanks Wally. I have changed nothing from the download and checked the Data folder but nothing seems to be amiss there. I was able to join the server in the Saleen but still not in the Lister. I'll see how I go tonight. I don't think the Lister will be very popular so I might be okay.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 09:18:44 PM »
Sorry, I can't go on in these cars. I'm at least 3 seconds off a pace required to have any fun whatsoever, and am having no fun...whatsoever.
I'll see what's running next season. Thanks for all the effort put in to make this stuff happen, and enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers
Darren (doobs).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 10:33:03 PM »
Sorry, I can't go on in these cars. I'm at least 3 seconds off a pace required to have any fun whatsoever, and am having no fun...whatsoever.
I'll see what's running next season. Thanks for all the effort put in to make this stuff happen, and enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers
Darren (doobs).
That's a shame, but I know how you feel about these cars :) See you next season.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 09:17:51 PM »
 :-\ checksum with half the cars, even after delete and reinstall. Anyway these things feel like driving a porsche or something, they just want to snap turn around and unable to tune it out  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal